Free At Last. Thank God Almighty, I Am Free At Last

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
I have escaped from the Apple® plantation!

Every new iTeration of iTunes made buying and keeping and using music more and more of a pain in the ass. Apple has so fucked up the music business, they actually incentivize piracy. And their software continually caused my computer to freeze up.

So, after years of servitude, I finally decided to break the chains and deinstall iTunes.

Little did I know how difficult my escape would prove to be. iTunes does NOT like to be removed from your computer. Using the Windows control panel "Remove a program" application won't do it. iTunes kept a death grip on my laptop and would not let go.

After a little research around the internet, I was able to contact the underground railroad and they told me about Revo. Revo is David to Apple's Goliath, and I was able to sling Revo's stone and bring down iTunes.

Seriously, though, you would be amazed at how much Apple software penetrates and takes over your computer. It took over an hour to hunt down and remove these crackers from my life.

And now my computer runs like brand new! Not kidding. All my speed issues are gone.

Apple/iTunes sucks! Seriously sucks. They had a good thing going, and they screwed the pooch. I am done with them forever.

Any other ex-slaves out there?

I got rid of it years ago...what a rip off......
My Samsung phone is able to download all the podcasts I used to get through Apple, and there are far more efficient means to get music than iTunes nowadays.

I do not like this trend toward being forced to store our music in The Cloud, though. Listening to music from The Cloud means I have to use up my monthly allotment of data usage, and that is bogus.

This just incentivizes piracy even more.

I got rid of it years ago...what a rip off......
My Samsung phone is able to download all the podcasts I used to get through Apple, and there are far more efficient means to get music than iTunes nowadays.

I do not like this trend toward being forced to store our music in The Cloud, though. Listening to music from The Cloud means I have to use up my monthly allotment of data usage, and that is bogus.

This just incentivizes piracy even more.
And the only ones really making money is Apple, the artists, not so much...Unlike years ago you could record an album to a cassette tape....and use a walkman...

I never bought anything from ITunes.

I do copy music from my own CDs and from my friend's CDs... but I almost never buy CDs anymore. I used to hit up the Pirate Bay and download full albums, but now I've got pretty much all the music I want. And considering I can view my Youtube playlists on my Iphone, I never really need to buy or download music anymore.

I have escaped from the Apple® plantation!

Every new iTeration of iTunes made buying and keeping and using music more and more of a pain in the ass. Apple has so fucked up the music business, they actually incentivize piracy. And their software continually caused my computer to freeze up.

So, after years of servitude, I finally decided to break the chains and deinstall iTunes.

Little did I know how difficult my escape would prove to be. iTunes does NOT like to be removed from your computer. Using the Windows control panel "Remove a program" application won't do it. iTunes kept a death grip on my laptop and would not let go.

After a little research around the internet, I was able to contact the underground railroad and they told me about Revo. Revo is David to Apple's Goliath, and I was able to sling Revo's stone and bring down iTunes.

Seriously, though, you would be amazed at how much Apple software penetrates and takes over your computer. It took over an hour to hunt down and remove these crackers from my life.

And now my computer runs like brand new! Not kidding. All my speed issues are gone.

Apple/iTunes sucks! Seriously sucks. They had a good thing going, and they screwed the pooch. I am done with them forever.

Any other ex-slaves out there?

I got rid of Itunes a long time ago. :D

I never bought anything from ITunes.

I do copy music from my own CDs and from my friend's CDs... but I almost never buy CDs anymore. I used to hit up the Pirate Bay and download full albums, but now I've got pretty much all the music I want. And considering I can view my Youtube playlists on my Iphone, I never really need to buy or download music anymore.

An iPhone!

Well, well, well. I see we have us a house negro here.

Forum List

Back