France to make all abortions free

High_Gravity

Belligerent Drunk
Nov 19, 2010
Richmond VA
France Free Abortion Bill: Lawmakers Vote To Fully Reimburse Procedure

r-FRENCH-FREE-ABORTION-large570.jpg

PARIS — France's lower house voted Friday to fully reimburse all abortions and to make contraception free for minors.

National medical insurance currently pays in full for abortions for minors and the poor, while other women are reimbursed for up to 80 percent of the procedure's cost, which can be as much as (EURO)450 ($580). Contraception is partially reimbursed.

The bill passed by the National Assembly would make all abortions free and would also pay for contraception for those between 15 and 18. It now goes to the Senate, where it is likely to pass.

"Women who want to stop an unwanted pregnancy have the right to be covered: The enactment of the right to choose to halt a pregnancy is an obligatory state service," the bill's language says.

Some groups complain that price is only one impediment to abortion access. They say too few doctors offer the procedure and there needs to be more information about who does. Under the bill, reimbursements would not go beyond (EURO)450 – and some medical service providers in France charge more than that for an abortion.

While some segments of French society oppose the right to abortion, the issue rarely makes headlines. France is among the European countries that allow minors to have abortions without parental consent, and in 1988, was the first country to introduce RU-486, which terminates pregnancy by causing the embryo to detach from the uterine wall.

PARIS — France's lower house voted Friday to fully reimburse all abortions and to make contraception free for minors.

National medical insurance currently pays in full for abortions for minors and the poor, while other women are reimbursed for up to 80 percent of the procedure's cost, which can be as much as (EURO)450 ($580). Contraception is partially reimbursed.

The bill passed by the National Assembly would make all abortions free and would also pay for contraception for those between 15 and 18. It now goes to the Senate, where it is likely to pass.

"Women who want to stop an unwanted pregnancy have the right to be covered: The enactment of the right to choose to halt a pregnancy is an obligatory state service," the bill's language says.

Some groups complain that price is only one impediment to abortion access. They say too few doctors offer the procedure and there needs to be more information about who does. Under the bill, reimbursements would not go beyond (EURO)450 – and some medical service providers in France charge more than that for an abortion.

While some segments of French society oppose the right to abortion, the issue rarely makes headlines. France is among the European countries that allow minors to have abortions without parental consent, and in 1988, was the first country to introduce RU-486, which terminates pregnancy by causing the embryo to detach from the uterine wall.

Nothing like combining an already brith negative national identity with even easier methods to lower the birth rate. Outsiders will not have to defeat the French in 50 years, they will have defeated themselves.

Nothing like combining an already brith negative national identity with even easier methods to lower the birth rate. Outsiders will not have to defeat the French in 50 years, they will have defeated themselves.

But to be fair nobody is putting a gun to these womens heads and making them get abortions, they are going in there because they want to.

France is serious about becoming an islamic state. It's not muslims taking advantage of all those free abortions.

France is serious about becoming an islamic state. It's not muslims taking advantage of all those free abortions.

Yeah but when the Muslims take over their going to close these things down, and Muslims are not totally against abortion though, they would be ok with a Muslim woman getting an abortion if she gets pregnant without being married of even worse if the father is a kafir.

The Ultimate Surrender - "France Free Abortion Bill: Lawmakers Vote To Fully Reimburse Procedure"

Yeah but when the Muslims take over their going to close these things down, and Muslims are not totally against abortion though, they would be ok with a Muslim woman getting an abortion if she gets pregnant without being married of even worse if the father is a kafir.

That's not abortion. It's execution of the woman.

That's not abortion. It's execution of the woman.

Maybe in some countries, in Kuwait they would just abort the fetus, and I am sure the woman was punished.

But to be fair nobody is putting a gun to these womens heads and making them get abortions, they are going in there because they want to.
I want to thank you for this comment because it reminds me...

I didn't find out until some years after my divorce that my ex actually wanted to abort our first born.

Years after that, I discovered that my ex had actually told my oldest son that she wished he was aborted.

It's a thing of convenience, enacted by inconvenienced people. Nothing more.

30 years later and my boy is one awesome sumbitch. He works his ass off so the liberal pro-abortion types can get their federal funding to kill off his competition.

I figure that puts him ahead of the game.

New Topics

Forum List

Back