France, A strange smell of sulfur, felt throughout the Ile-de-France this Sunday evening

Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
For the past few hours Mai 11, 2020, many residents of Ile-de-France have been reporting the smell of sulfur in the air.

But what is this strange smell that many Ile-de-France residents have been feeling for about 18 hours? This is the question that many Internet users have been asking themselves since this Sunday evening. :dunno:

A significant smell of sulfur has been reported by residents of several towns in Ile-de-France, in Val-de-Marne, Essonne, Seine-Saint-Denis, or even Seine-et-Marne. The smell is also felt in the department of Oise according to our information.
Many people on social media have shared images of a yellowish sky accompanied by this lingering smell.

If the police and the gendarmerie explain from their side that the smell of sulfur felt in several departments has nothing to do with a specific intervention in progress, the firefighters assure them that it would be "probably linked to recent bad weather" without confirming that the violent storms of the past 24 hours would be the cause.

The firefighters who have also been in great demand during the past few hours faced with the concerns of Ile-de-France residents on this subject.
At the time of writing, odors are still strongly felt in Ile-de-France.

Une étrange odeur de souffre, ressentie sur toute l’île-de-France ce dimanche soir

Yes, what happens is very strange. here in France the French media hardly speak a word about it only below on the little banner which claims that it is because of the weather which was very severe in the last 24 hours, the French do not believe it very much, it is not in my region. I would have more information about what's going on on Twitter.

For the past few hours Mai 11, 2020, many residents of Ile-de-France have been reporting the smell of sulfur in the air.

But what is this strange smell that many Ile-de-France residents have been feeling for about 18 hours? This is the question that many Internet users have been asking themselves since this Sunday evening. :dunno:

A significant smell of sulfur has been reported by residents of several towns in Ile-de-France, in Val-de-Marne, Essonne, Seine-Saint-Denis, or even Seine-et-Marne. The smell is also felt in the department of Oise according to our information.
Many people on social media have shared images of a yellowish sky accompanied by this lingering smell.

If the police and the gendarmerie explain from their side that the smell of sulfur felt in several departments has nothing to do with a specific intervention in progress, the firefighters assure them that it would be "probably linked to recent bad weather" without confirming that the violent storms of the past 24 hours would be the cause.

The firefighters who have also been in great demand during the past few hours faced with the concerns of Ile-de-France residents on this subject.

Une étrange odeur de souffre, ressentie sur toute l’île-de-France ce dimanche soir

In NYC when something smells really awful and seems to be coming from everywhere and you can't get away from it no matter which way you go for miles ....we just blame new Jersey.?.....which 9 out of 10 times is the right answer and source of the odor anyway

Yes, what happens is very strange. here in France the French media hardly speak a word about it only below on the little banner which claims that it is because of the weather which was very severe in the last 24 hours, the French do not believe it very much, it is not in my region. I would have more information about what's going on on Twitter.
What do you personally think it is?

What do you personally think it is?
Probably something they're releasing thinking it'll kill the SARS 2

It says...Elemental sulfur is a bright yellow, crystalline solid at room temperature.

1589187130533.jpeg

Sulfur is low in toxicity to people. However, ingesting too much sulfur may cause a burning sensation or diarrhea. Breathing in sulfur dust can irritate the airways or cause coughing. It can also be irritating to the skin and eyes.

Who the fuck knows, maybe they want people coughing, so they think they have the virus

I'll be mindful now

French doesn't translate well to English when done literally word for word because of the sentence structure differences between the languages. Anyway, it is a real story. The two leading theories are that bad weather is blowing it in or perhaps it is somehow related to sewage processing

Street Juice, I do not know But it happens just before the deconfinement that is today and what makes us think of a bad omen and I have something new, the Paris City council speaks that it is due to the weather or a contaminated wind coming from elsewhere and studies are underway for analysis
Dekster, My link was in French so I use the translation which is not perfect.

A mysterious "sulfur smell" invades Paris | tellerreport.com

only natural cause of sulfer smell would be sewage going wrong, volcanic, in the united states we mix sulfer in our natural gas lines to warn us of natural gas leaks. At any rate not much good comes from that particular smell.

Paris is a really polluted city, or maybe was, because I don't think there is as much traffic now. Maybe with less cars you start to notice other smells.

Forum List

Back