Fox's Unethical Debate

Mrs. M.

Man Feed Guest Writer
Nov 2, 2015
fox-news-presidential-debate-fail.jpg

This morning, news sources quoted Megyn Kelly as saying, “I hope Donald Trump will show up for the debate.” Fox News has announced that it will be hosting the next presidential debate with Megyn Kelly returning once again, as one of their moderators.

Is it ethical for Fox News to allow Megyn Kelly to force herself upon Donald Trump? Kelly knows that Mr. Trump bowed out of the last debate because she was going to be one of the moderators. Americans still remember how she viciously targeted the GOP front runner, making it about herself rather than a presidential debate. Megyn Kelly has went on record stating that she would ask the same questions. Apparently she sees nothing wrong with how she handled herself during the presidential debate.

Perhaps Ms. Kelly does not realize how this looks to others. She comes off as a woman who is more concerned with making a name for herself than fairly moderating a presidential debate. She seems incapable of letting something go and worse yet wants to use another presidential debate to keep it going. It is as if she is “forcing herself” upon Donald Trump and the American people….

I believe Mr. Trump will show up for the debate and once again, prove that he is not a man to be intimidated. One can only hope that Megyn Kelly keeps her personal issues to herself this time. Her past behavior has been unprofessional to say the least.

Trump bowed out of the former debate to make a point.
It comes down to the leadership at Fox News.

When Roger Ailes – head of Fox apologized to Donald Trump, there should have been a change made so that the former offense did not happen again. There is no evidence that Fox News has changed anything.

In my opinion, there is a great deal of dishonesty going on at Fox News. I believe Fox is using their own people to sway the vote towards Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz. Rubio has been tied with Kaisach and Carson more than Cruz yet he's received far more coverage than either candidate at Fox.

Frank Luntz was a former employee of Marco Rubio. Can he keep his professional job and his political preferences separated? Apparently not.

In the days before the August 6th debate, Luntz (Pollster at Fox News) held a closed door meeting for a large group of conservatives. The pollster told the group that Donald Trump was dangerous to Republicans and was turning what “we” believe into a joke.

This news did not sit well with Donald Trump and he immediately called for Roger Ailes to fire Luntz.
Donald Trump said that he believes Frank Luntz has a long standing vendetta against him for refusing to do business with his polling company.

Once again, good leadership is absent and the employees at Fox News are permitted to use their position at the network for their own personal agenda.

Is it ethical for a pollster at Fox News to use a closed door meeting with a group of conservatives to slander the GOP front runner in a presidential election? How can Americans believe any poll results on the word of Frank Luntz at Fox News after seeing what has happened already?

Neither Megyn Kelly or Frank Luntz should be permitted anywhere near the presidential election debates.

If they had any integrity at all they would recuse themselves from this upcoming debate.
Fox News may well win Trump's attendance at their next debate but they have lost something greater.
The respect of the American people.

Marco Rubio Previously Paid Pollster Frank Luntz, Who Praised Rubio on Fox News - Breitbart
Frank Luntz Plays Favorites With Marco Rubio
Fox's Luntz blasted Trump at Koch seminar

Last edited:
fox-news-presidential-debate-fail.jpg

This morning, news sources quoted Megyn Kelly as saying, “I hope Donald Trump will show up for the debate.” Fox News has announced that it will be hosting the next presidential debate with Megyn Kelly returning once again, as one of their moderators.

Is it ethical for Fox News to allow Megyn Kelly to force herself upon Donald Trump? Kelly knows that Mr. Trump bowed out of the last debate because she was going to be one of the moderators. Americans still remember how she viciously targeted the GOP front runner, making it about herself rather than a presidential debate. Megyn Kelly has went on record stating that she would ask the same questions. Apparently she sees nothing wrong with how she handled herself during the presidential debate.

Perhaps Ms. Kelly does not realize how this looks to others. She comes off as a woman who is more concerned with making a name for herself than fairly moderating a presidential debate. She seems incapable of letting something go and worse yet wants to use another presidential debate to keep it going. It is as if she is “forcing herself” upon Donald Trump and the American people….

I believe Mr. Trump will show up for the debate and once again, prove that he is not a man to be intimidated. One can only hope that Megyn Kelly keeps her personal issues to herself this time. Her past behavior has been unprofessional to say the least.

Trump bowed out of the former debate to make a point.
It comes down to the leadership at Fox News.

When Roger Ailes – head of Fox apologized to Donald Trump, there should have been a change made so that the former offense did not happen again. There is no evidence that Fox News has changed anything.

In my opinion, there is a great deal of dishonesty going on at Fox News. I believe Fox is using their own people to sway the vote towards Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz. Rubio has been tied with Kaisach and Carson more than Cruz yet he's received far more coverage than either candidate at Fox.

Frank Luntz was a former employee of Marco Rubio. Can he keep his professional job and his political preferences separated? Apparently not.

In the days before the August 6th debate, Luntz (Pollster at Fox News) held a closed door meeting for a large group of conservatives. The pollster told the group that Donald Trump was dangerous to Republicans and was turning what “we” believe into a joke.

This news did not sit well with Donald Trump and he immediately called for Roger Ailes to fire Luntz.
Donald Trump said that he believes Frank Luntz has a long standing vendetta against him for refusing to do business with his polling company.

Once again, good leadership is absent and the employees at Fox News are permitted to use their position at the network for their own personal agenda.

Is it ethical for a pollster at Fox News to use a closed door meeting with a group of conservatives to slander the GOP front runner in a presidential election? How can Americans believe any poll results on the word of Frank Luntz at Fox News after seeing what has happened already?

Neither Megyn Kelly or Frank Luntz should be permitted anywhere near the presidential election debates.

If they had any integrity at all they would recuse themselves from this upcoming debate.
Fox News may well win Trump's attendance at their next debate but they have lost something greater.
The respect of the American people.

Marco Rubio Previously Paid Pollster Frank Luntz, Who Praised Rubio on Fox News - Breitbart
Frank Luntz Plays Favorites With Marco Rubio
Fox's Luntz blasted Trump at Koch seminar

Trump is a candidate for President, and if he can not handle Megyn Kelly then he is not the person for the job!

Fox News can appoint their moderators for their debate and if Trump has a issue with it then suck it up and be a man for once and not a pamper Richie Rich brat that he has been acting like!

A candidate should never be allow to tell a News Agency which moderator can moderate the debates!

They found a crack in Trumps campaign and are trying to open it wide...Trump has to show that he can handle it and they won't bug him as much ..
Kelly wants him out.. in a group of 30 guests last night she cut off a guy sticking up for Trump...and let the ones bashing him finish their sentence. She is a hag...

FOX is a private entity. Why are they involved in this in the first place? They have an agenda, I'd walk away from them too. Put all of the debates on C-SPAN, PBS and NPR.

Fox is using Megyn to crack a wedge into Trump's campaign.

Yes, Ailes wants Rubior or Cruz.

If Trump can't handle a journalist, he can't handle being President.

trump is the one who turned a simple question into 'it all beiing about her'. trump did that.

personal responsibility is an admiral trait in a presidential candidate...

trump's behavior is un-presidential and rude. a refined diplomat he is not.

meghan kelly is simply doing her job and trump can't even handle it.

this entire spectacle is a clear demonstration of trump's 'negotiating' skills.

voters would like to see the candidates discuss issues seriously and in depth...

instead we get to see the art of the immature deal.

"Is it ethical for Fox News to allow Megyn Kelly to force herself upon Donald Trump? Kelly knows that Mr. Trump bowed out of the last debate because she was going to be one of the moderators. Americans still remember how she viciously targeted the GOP front runner, making it about herself rather than a presidential debate."

:rolleyes:

trump knows he has no substance so he NEEDS this spectacle. it's what he does best.

trump knows that his supporters are ridiculous individuals. "i could shoot someone, and they'd still vote for me".

he is counting on these individuals, like the op, to continue to project this spectacle of ridiculous rhetoric.

not only are trump's supporters ridiculous, they are also dishonest. aka unethical.

megyn kelly was doing her job and her relevant question was not vicious at all.

trump created bluster and roused the angry rabble with the right wing "PC" dog whistle.

Read the Full Text of the Primetime Republican Debate

KELLY: Mr. Trump, one of the things people love about you is you speak your mind and you don’t use a politician’s filter. However, that is not without its downsides, in particular, when it comes to women.

You’ve called women you don’t like “fat pigs, dogs, slobs, and disgusting animals.”

(LAUGHTER)

Your Twitter account…

TRUMP: Only Rosie O’Donnell.

(LAUGHTER)

KELLY: No, it wasn’t.

(APPLAUSE)

Your Twitter account…

(APPLAUSE)

TRUMP: Thank you.

KELLY: For the record, it was well beyond Rosie O’Donnell.

TRUMP: Yes, I’m sure it was.

KELLY: Your Twitter account has several disparaging comments about women’s looks. You once told a contestant on Celebrity Apprentice it would be a pretty picture to see her on her knees. Does that sound to you like the temperament of a man we should elect as president, and how will you answer the charge from Hillary Clinton, who was likely to be the Democratic nominee, that you are part of the war on women?

TRUMP: I think the big problem this country has is being politically correct.

I’ve been challenged by so many people, and I don’t frankly have time for total political correctness. And to be honest with you, this country doesn’t have time either. This country is in big trouble. We don’t win anymore. We lose to China. We lose to Mexico both in trade and at the border. We lose to everybody.

And frankly, what I say, and oftentimes it’s fun, it’s kidding. We have a good time. What I say is what I say. And honestly Megyn, if you don’t like it, I’m sorry. I’ve been very nice to you, although I could probably maybe not be, based on the way you have treated me. But I wouldn’t do that.

(APPLAUSE)

But you know what, we — we need strength, we need energy, we need quickness and we need brain in this country to turn it around. That, I can tell you right now.

WALLACE: Senator Cruz, your colleague, Senator Paul, right there next to you, said a few months ago he agrees with you on a number of issues ...

Last edited:
voters would like to see the candidates discuss issues seriously and in depth...

The last time I remember seeing this is the old David Brinkley show.

I'd agree with you about Trump and FOX if debates happened in a vacuum, but they don't.

Trump didn't show up because of Fox's stupidity (the press release) not because of Kelly. I'm sure Trump will show up and I do hope they hammer him with fair questions. By fair I mean things that we the American people care about...the issues and his beliefs.

They should be tough with him indeed and he should be prepared to stand in the line of fire thats coming his way. This next debate will be very telling because they are going to come after him and they should. It's time to put on the flak jacket, pick up a weapon and go to war. Trump will either excel or stumble and if he stumbles his numbers will go in decline. I predict this next debate is going to be pretty intense. He'll either come away as a very viable candidate, or as he likes to say, a loser. I don't think there is any room for error. It's game time--all this other stuff was just pre-game.

This next debate will be very telling because they are going to come after him and they should. It's time to put on the flak jacket, pick up a weapon and go to war. Trump will either excel or stumble and if he stumbles his numbers will go in decline.

This is why he shouldn't go. He's polling in the lead. Why go before a hostile group if you have nothing to gain from it? If Trump loses in New Hampshire I don't think he'll have a choice then because at that point he'll have to engage other candidates face to face but until that happens why do something that offers no return but a lot of risk?

This next debate will be very telling because they are going to come after him and they should. It's time to put on the flak jacket, pick up a weapon and go to war. Trump will either excel or stumble and if he stumbles his numbers will go in decline.

This is why he shouldn't go. He's polling in the lead. Why go before a hostile group if you have nothing to gain from it? If Trump loses in New Hampshire I don't think he'll have a choice then because at that point he'll have to engage other candidates face to face but until that happens why do something that offers no return but a lot of risk?
because he will look weak, and his entire persona is built on the guy who ain't weak, who ain't afraid of nutthin, I said nuthin. If appears weak, he will lost 15 points in three days.

because he will look weak, and his entire persona is built on the guy who ain't weak, who ain't afraid of nutthin, I said nuthin. If appears weak, he will lost 15 points in three days.

Trump already skipped a debate and it didn't hurt him in the polls.

because he was not seen as weak but this time he will be.

Because he's running for the office of President of the United States and he must be vetted thoroughly via these debates. If he is going to be the leader of the free world he must stand in the line of fire and field questions that he may not like. He needs to be able to stand up there, get punched the fuck around and explain to the American people why he is the man for the job. Hostile environment or not, its time to show us why you are the man for the job.

Why do you think this?

exactly, he had a legitimate beef. Now just cutting and running for no reason other than "I'm leading in the polls they are going to attack me" would be cowardly

Forum List

Back