FOX’s Chris Wallace Makes Difficult Admission To His Conservative Audience

I would say to Mr. Wallace that the world is what it is. The powerful will always take advantage of the weak be it physically, mentally, financially, spiritually, etc...

Brett Kavanaugh may or may not have done what was alleged. I don't think anyone is dismissing the seriousness of the charges.
I think that people are dismissive of the time in his life when he allegedly did this and I think people (like myself) are dubious on why this wasn't brought up when he was getting several jobs on the way to where he is today.

There is a stigma associated with the nature of the alleged crime. Its not diminishing the stigma to ask why the allegations were not brought to light earlier when the gestation period was over three decades.
Are you saying that victims of sexual assault have to either speak up within a certain time or forever hold their peace? You do realize sexual assault doesn't involve wedding vows?
No. What I am saying is that victims of sexual assault can either report the crime or not. In terms of an outside observer judging it's severity, If you wait 35 minutes, you have credibility. If you wait 35 days, you have less credibility. If you wait 35 weeks, you have even less credibility. If you wait 35 months, you have still less. And I would argue that if you wait 35 years, you have zero credibility.

I've got several real problems with your entire argumentation.
That is what the discussion board is all about.

-First, it is VERY common for people to not report cases of sexual assault. It is by no means a small thing to commit to the mental anguish and confronting a person and an incident, that is so invasive as sexual assault.
Agreed.

-Second, trying to imply, like I think you are, that age of the culprit has any bearing on the seriousness of that type of crime. We aren't talking about shoplifting.
Well, yes and no. Without getting into the actual act of what took place, it would have been helpful to have a finding of fact, investigation, police report, complaint filed.... That we do not; we do not know how serious this was.

-Third, that we simply have to accept that powerful men do this kind of thing. Being powerful brings a greater responsibility to act appropriately, not less.
Kav was a HS student when whatever happened took place. I doubt he had much power.

-Fourth, that doubting this incident occurred is enough reason to elect someone to the supreme court. The standard for a Supreme Court justice should be higher than, I don't know for certain he committed sexual assault.

Let me say this about that. In his railing against the Democrats and not the Committee itself, he showed his partisan colors. Eventually, a politically charged issue will be before the court. Given his outburst (warranted though it may be), he is now on the record as a partisan. I don't see how someone who wants impartial jurists on the high court can vote "yea" since he is clearly not going to be impartial on a case where political lines are clearly drawn.

I would say to Mr. Wallace that the world is what it is. The powerful will always take advantage of the weak be it physically, mentally, financially, spiritually, etc...

Brett Kavanaugh may or may not have done what was alleged. I don't think anyone is dismissing the seriousness of the charges.
I think that people are dismissive of the time in his life when he allegedly did this and I think people (like myself) are dubious on why this wasn't brought up when he was getting several jobs on the way to where he is today.

There is a stigma associated with the nature of the alleged crime. Its not diminishing the stigma to ask why the allegations were not brought to light earlier when the gestation period was over three decades.
Are you saying that victims of sexual assault have to either speak up within a certain time or forever hold their peace? You do realize sexual assault doesn't involve wedding vows?
No. What I am saying is that victims of sexual assault can either report the crime or not. In terms of an outside observer judging it's severity, If you wait 35 minutes, you have credibility. If you wait 35 days, you have less credibility. If you wait 35 weeks, you have even less credibility. If you wait 35 months, you have still less. And I would argue that if you wait 35 years, you have zero credibility.

-First, it is VERY common for people to not report cases of sexual assault. It is by no means a small thing to commit to the mental anguish and confronting a person and an incident, that is so invasive as sexual assault.
Agreed.

-Second, trying to imply, like I think you are, that age of the culprit has any bearing on the seriousness of that type of crime. We aren't talking about shoplifting.
Well, yes and no. Without getting into the actual act of what took place, it would have been helpful to have a finding of fact, investigation, police report, complaint filed.... That we do not; we do not know how serious this was.

-Third, that we simply have to accept that powerful men do this kind of thing. Being powerful brings a greater responsibility to act appropriately, not less.
Kav was a HS student when whatever happened took place. I doubt he had much power.

-Fourth, that doubting this incident occurred is enough reason to elect someone to the supreme court. The standard for a Supreme Court justice should be higher than, I don't know for certain he committed sexual assault.

Let me say this about that. In his railing against the Democrats and not the Committee itself, he showed his partisan colors. Eventually, a politically charged issue will be before the court. Given his outburst (warranted though it may be), he is now on the record as a partisan. I don't see how someone who wants impartial jurists on the high court can vote "yea" since he is clearly not going to be impartial on a case where political lines are clearly drawn.

Partisan, lol.
The Constitution doesn't have partisan lines.

Agreed.

First thank you for giving an honest and as objective as you can, reply in this. They are hard to come by in this place and I've gotten into a habit of thanking people who are capable of it.
Ford actually gave a very detailed account of what happened to her. The question is simply if you believe her or not.
- I was actually giving this remark, which I perceived as out of the scope of the Kavanaugh hearing because your original line. "I would say to Mr. Wallace that the world is what it is. The powerful will always take advantage of the weak be it physically, mentally, financially, spiritually, etc..."
- As to credibility changing with time, I disagree. If you concede that reporting sexual assault is hard, I would assert that coming out later should be looked at with forbearance. As someone who has seen and experienced firsthand the psychological toll this takes on a person coming out later in life seems pretty irrelevant to whether or not I should believe you. I'm not claiming any accusation automatically has merit. I'm saying that an accusation should be taken seriously.

Last edited:
First thank you for giving an honest and as objective as you can, reply in this. They are hard to come by in this place and I've gotten into a habit of thanking people who are capable of it.
No problem.
Ford actually gave a very detailed account of what happened to her. The question is simply if you believe her or not.
Which underscores my entire issue with the Doctor and her coming forward. Had the proverbial disinterested third party done any investigation at the time to corroborate her version of events; I’d be calling for his rejection by the Committee. That she didn’t…well that is both unfortunate and impeaches the severity of the events.

- I was actually giving this remark, which I perceived as out of the scope of the Kavanaugh hearing because your original line. "I would say to Mr. Wallace that the world is what it is. The powerful will always take advantage of the weak be it physically, mentally, financially, spiritually, etc…"
I was just pointing out that the Weinstein’s of the world are in a different category than the HS Student Kav was. He didn’t have the power to squash this woman’s dreams. Likewise for the Roman Catholic priests, Les Moonves, etc…

- As to credibility changing with time, I disagree. If you concede that reporting sexual assault is hard, I would assert that coming out later should be looked at with forbearance. As someone who has seen and experienced firsthand the psychological toll this takes on a person coming out later in life seems pretty irrelevant to whether or not I should believe you. I'm not claiming any accusation automatically has merit. I'm saying that an accusation should be taken seriously.

I prefaced it with this statement:

In terms of an outside observer judging it's severity,

Again…the story’s credibility is one thing. The severity is another. The severity of the act, to me anyway, wanes with time.

--------------------------------------- i dismiss the seriousness of the charges or lies but somewhat agree with some points . This whole thing should be discounted simply because the accuser woman has never acted like a Responsible Adult with 36 year old accusations . Even now , from what i understand the woman could bring actual and Official charges against Kavanaugh but she doesn't . The woman should have been waved away as being 'fos' when 'feinstein' got the letter concerning 36 year old unprovable 'lefty girl and boy talk' Candy . -------------- just saying .

Last edited:

Agreed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ agree with your posted first paragraph from post number 22 Candy .

As a FOX Noise talking head, Chris Wallace was an embarrassment to his father, Mike Wallace. Mike Wallace came from an era of actual journalism, where as his son, is nothing more than propaganda voice for the extreme right wing.

But, Chris Wallace is also a father, a father of girls, who he just discovered are among the many who are survivors sexual assaults by young men. We all know the type, most are the “boys" from families of moderate to immense wealth, who believe they are entitled to sexually assault young, unwilling girls, as a rite of passage.

Naturally, they boast to their friends of their success the previous night, and claim the girl felt the Earth move. Which is certainly the case with Brett Kavanaugh. And like every other “young stud” who claimed great sexual prowess, Kavanaugh expected his victims to remain silent for life. After all, in those days, rape was only a crime if the victim could convince the jury she was NOT a tramp.

In today’s world, the victim still must convince conservatives on the jury she is NOT a tramp. This can be quite difficult, as we’ve seen. In fact, since the idiot trump entered the White House, conservatives' preference for political candidates who are also sexual predators has increased greatly. (Before the conservatives get their panties in a twist, remember, you people voted overwhelmingly for the idiot trump, an admitted sexual predator, and Roy Moore, who, while not a pedophile, is an ephebophile, which is also sexually predatory and repugnant to people of reason.)

That aside, as a talking head for FOX Noise, it is Chris Wallace’s job is to defend Republican sex criminals, defend Republican politicians caught receiving bribes, and defend every other mode of corruption by Republicans in office or running for office.

For Wallace to publicly take his daughters’ claims seriously, and then warn viewers watching his coverage on FOX Noise on Thursday “that they should be careful not to discount the allegations of Christine Blasey Ford against Brett Kavanaugh, invoking the experience of his own daughters in high school” was a dangerous action for him to take.

Wallace went on to say, “ ‘My family, a lot of it on email, has been discussing this and disagreeing and arguing about it. Two of my daughters have told me stories that I had never heard before about things that happened to them in high school and hadn’t told their parents.’ “

“ ‘There are teenage girls who don’t tell stories to a lot of people and then it comes up,’ he continued. ‘I don’t think we can disregard Ford and the seriousness of this.’ ”

Of course, Wallace’s words fell on the deaf ears of the FOX Noise audience, who are certain Kavanaugh never had a sexual thought until his wedding night. And the Old White Men of the GOP, they admire Kavanaugh for his sexual aggressiveness towards young girls, because raping young girls IS a rite of passage for those corrupt perverts. As Mitch McConnell is proving by ignoring the growing allegations against Kavanaugh, and the idiot trump.

It’s just more of the hypocrisy of the Republican congressional majority, and is what so many conservatives admire most about their Grand Old Party.

The conservatives’ admiration will be evident in their responses to this OP. Rational people need not reply to the foolishness of the righties. (And, yes, Democrats have also faced accusations, all but a few reacted honorably, and stepped down as a result. Unfortunately, there is NO honor in the Republican Party.)

Fox News’ Chris Wallace's daughters convinced him to reevaluate Kavanaugh

View attachment 218971

Do you mean this filthy reporter, turncoat bastard, let the soldiers die Mike Wallace?

In today’s world, the victim still must convince conservatives on the jury she is NOT a tramp

In today’s world a man is guilty if accused and anyone who has the audacity to use common sense to find the truth is a rapist enabler.

I’m fast approaching the limit of my tolerance for total idiocy. Wanting me to believe something for which no evidence exists just because “it’s happened before” and “it happens a lot” is beyond idiotic. I can’t even find the right words to describe what I think of these easily manipulated birdbrains.

upload_2018-9-28_11-22-45.gif

QUESTION
I have a question that begs to be answered - ford says in her letter ‘Both loudly stumbled down the stairwell, at which point other persons at the house were talking with them. I exited the bathroom, ran outside of the house and went home.”
This would mean that after just being “sexually assaulted” she left her other female friend at the house without warning her about what had supposedly just happened to her. She would’ve just left her to fend for herself. Is this plausible? What would this say about ford & her care about another female - her intimate friend, Leland Ingham?
SECOND QUESTION
If ford was so scared that she left the house without warning leland about what allegedly just had happened to her- then when they (ford & leland) next met or talked on the phone - which could’ve even been the next day - why was leland not at least then told about this purported foiled savaging of her? For ford not to have talked to leland about such a fearful experience surpasses any level of credibility.
I find it impossible to believe that ford would’ve left leland to be the next (as she was the only other female there) to be brutalized.

Society used to be very prudish about sex and the single girl

young ladies were not supposed to dress too provocatively, not supposed to swear, or in general act in an unladylike manner.

Boys could get way with more, but the consequences for mistreating woman could be severe

Now kids are bombarded with sexual images and pre marital sex is not only tolerated but often its expected

that puts girls and boys into situations they are often not mature enough to handle

Chris Wallace is a propaganda voice for the extreme right wing????? Idiotic.

As a FOX Noise talking head, Chris Wallace was an embarrassment to his father, Mike Wallace. Mike Wallace came from an era of actual journalism, where as his son, is nothing more than propaganda voice for the extreme right wing.

But, Chris Wallace is also a father, a father of girls, who he just discovered are among the many who are survivors sexual assaults by young men. We all know the type, most are the “boys" from families of moderate to immense wealth, who believe they are entitled to sexually assault young, unwilling girls, as a rite of passage.

Naturally, they boast to their friends of their success the previous night, and claim the girl felt the Earth move. Which is certainly the case with Brett Kavanaugh. And like every other “young stud” who claimed great sexual prowess, Kavanaugh expected his victims to remain silent for life. After all, in those days, rape was only a crime if the victim could convince the jury she was NOT a tramp.

In today’s world, the victim still must convince conservatives on the jury she is NOT a tramp. This can be quite difficult, as we’ve seen. In fact, since the idiot trump entered the White House, conservatives' preference for political candidates who are also sexual predators has increased greatly. (Before the conservatives get their panties in a twist, remember, you people voted overwhelmingly for the idiot trump, an admitted sexual predator, and Roy Moore, who, while not a pedophile, is an ephebophile, which is also sexually predatory and repugnant to people of reason.)

That aside, as a talking head for FOX Noise, it is Chris Wallace’s job is to defend Republican sex criminals, defend Republican politicians caught receiving bribes, and defend every other mode of corruption by Republicans in office or running for office.

For Wallace to publicly take his daughters’ claims seriously, and then warn viewers watching his coverage on FOX Noise on Thursday “that they should be careful not to discount the allegations of Christine Blasey Ford against Brett Kavanaugh, invoking the experience of his own daughters in high school” was a dangerous action for him to take.

Wallace went on to say, “ ‘My family, a lot of it on email, has been discussing this and disagreeing and arguing about it. Two of my daughters have told me stories that I had never heard before about things that happened to them in high school and hadn’t told their parents.’ “

“ ‘There are teenage girls who don’t tell stories to a lot of people and then it comes up,’ he continued. ‘I don’t think we can disregard Ford and the seriousness of this.’ ”

Of course, Wallace’s words fell on the deaf ears of the FOX Noise audience, who are certain Kavanaugh never had a sexual thought until his wedding night. And the Old White Men of the GOP, they admire Kavanaugh for his sexual aggressiveness towards young girls, because raping young girls IS a rite of passage for those corrupt perverts. As Mitch McConnell is proving by ignoring the growing allegations against Kavanaugh, and the idiot trump.

It’s just more of the hypocrisy of the Republican congressional majority, and is what so many conservatives admire most about their Grand Old Party.

The conservatives’ admiration will be evident in their responses to this OP. Rational people need not reply to the foolishness of the righties. (And, yes, Democrats have also faced accusations, all but a few reacted honorably, and stepped down as a result. Unfortunately, there is NO honor in the Republican Party.)

View attachment 218971

I wonder if his daughters remember that Chris was their dad.

View attachment 218971

How the fuck were you ever going to know the truth.

Someone comes out of the woodwork decades later.......someone who's been seeing a therapis for decades and has some obvious issues.

Someone who can't get anyone to back her story.

And Wallace's daughters think it's serious.

What do they want ?

New Topics

Forum List

Back