FoxNews does it again- Do they ever check their footage?

LOL...that's all you can come up with?

Ratings are EVERYTHING to news. You can dismiss the vital information that shapes theses networks all you want. You're not a valid representation of any of them.

But if that's the game we're playing...fine. Jon what's his name on the comedy station and the farce news show that plays everyday so he can draw a paycheck means very little to me. Does that make his content invalid?? I think it's crap. Oh don't get me wrong, Jon's a funny guy....but he's no Laurel and Hardy.

The Circus is a good place to go for entertainment too, however I don't go there for my news. Same thing goes for Fox News.

I am a valid representation of my generation. As for your comparison to Jon Stewart, paycheck means nothing either. For example, A-Rod makes the most but I think he's overrated.

You seem to think that most ratings = best but that's a fallacy. There is also the factor that Fox News is an admitted Conservative network. Whereas non-Conservative spin on news is spread across more than three stations. If there were more stations like Fox News, their ratings would sharply decrease.

I love how they said

"This was a production error in which the copy editor changed a script and didn't alert the control room to update the video,'' Michael Clemente, senior vice president of news at FOX, sad this evening. "There will be an on-air explanation during Happening Now on Thursday."

Whaaa? Changed the script on a months old video and didn't update the image? Why would you do that anyway? That makes no sense whatsoever. This is NEW footage needing NEW commentary. I call double bullshit. Why would your control room even HAVE a copy of the teabagger's little pow wow at hand?

Oh, but they don't need to be truthful, they have "truthiness" on their side. That still makes 'em a legit news organization, y'know.

I love how they said

"This was a production error in which the copy editor changed a script and didn't alert the control room to update the video,'' Michael Clemente, senior vice president of news at FOX, sad this evening. "There will be an on-air explanation during Happening Now on Thursday."

Whaaa? Changed the script on a months old video and didn't update the image? Why would you do that anyway? That makes no sense whatsoever. This is NEW footage needing NEW commentary. I call double bullshit. Why would your control room even HAVE a copy of the teabagger's little pow wow at hand?

Oh, but they don't need to be truthful, they have "truthiness" on their side. That still makes 'em a legit news organization, y'know.

WTF is "truthiness"? Is that like being "sort of" pregnant?

I love how they said

colbert fail

I wouldn't be surprised if FOX is a secret wing of the Onion. some of the best trolls on TV

"Trivial mistake"? Twice in two weeks, the same "trivial mistake"? Really? Your brainwashing must be nearly complete, grasshopper. I would assume that most people in Michigan could not afford the book, hence the low turn out of only 1000 people, right?

Michigan is a SOLID BLUE STATE. They are confirmed Obamabots. I am surprised that 1000 showed up that early in the morning to get Palin to sign a book.

Wait & see the crowds in RED STATES. That may be something to talk about.

NO MATTER WHAT: Palin's book is still the top BEST SELLER---:clap2::clap2:

Laugh about that one LIBS.

Fox News again accused of airing misleading video - Yahoo! News

For the second time in just over a week, Fox News is coming under fire for misusing old news footage. The latest flap is leading some people to charge that the cable news network is intentionally misleading its audience, while Fox claims a "production error."

Wednesday's incident occurred when Fox News host Gregg Jarrett mentioned that a Sarah Palin appearance and book signing in Grand Rapids, Michigan had a massive turnout. As footage rolled of a smiling and waving Palin amidst a throng of fans, Jarrett noted that the former Republican vice-presidential candidate is "continuing to draw huge crowds while she's promoting her brand-new book,'' adding that the images being shown were "some of the pictures just coming in to us.... The lines earlier had formed this morning."

However, the video used in the segment was from a 2008 McCain/Palin campaign rally. In response to the minor uproar that arose after clips of Jarrett's report hit the Internet, Fox senior vice-president of news Michael Clemente issued an initial statement saying, "This was a production error in which the copy editor changed a script and didn't alert the control room to update the video."

On Thursday afternoon, Fox News issued an on-air apology delivered by host Jane Skinner:

At least they admitted it. Heck your Obama media networks very rarely even reports the news, especially if it would spell bad news for Boy Wonder--:lol::lol::lol:

$lipstuck-pig-sb0206d.jpg

Even better was Jon Stewart busting them for using earlier teabagger (that still makes me giggle) footage from 9/12 to boost the much smaller gathering for the health care protest. Nothing but partisan propaganda. They should no longer be allowed to call themselves a news source, but an entertainment/opinion show.

Video: Sean Hannity Uses Glenn Beck's Protest Footage | The Daily Show | Comedy Central

Well...there you go dumb ass...you just posted a link that contains footage from an editorial OPINION show on Fox....so what's your bitch again? Jon Stewart is a fucking dumb ass too...he fell for it!!!!:rofl: :rofl:

Even better was Jon Stewart busting them for using earlier teabagger (that still makes me giggle) footage from 9/12 to boost the much smaller gathering for the health care protest. Nothing but partisan propaganda. They should no longer be allowed to call themselves a news source, but an entertainment/opinion show.

Video: Sean Hannity Uses Glenn Beck's Protest Footage | The Daily Show | Comedy Central

Well...there you go dumb ass...you just posted a link that contains footage from an editorial OPINION show on Fox....so what's your bitch again? Jon Stewart is a fucking dumb ass too...he fell for it!!!!:rofl: :rofl:

Show the integrity of the editorial staff when even a comedian can catch your deceptions

Show the integrity of the editorial staff when even a comedian can catch your deceptions
Who's deceptions?

Like I said...OPINION SHOWS ARE NOT NEWS!!! The sooner you and the rest of the DNC tools get that FACT through your thick neanderthal skulls...the better off you will be.

Got that?

Last edited:

Who's deceptions?

Like I said...OPINION SHOWS ARE NOT NEWS!!! The sooner you and the rest of the DNC tools get that FACT through your thick neanderthal skulls...the better off you will be.

Got that?

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!"

Fox News again accused of airing misleading video - Yahoo! News

For the second time in just over a week, Fox News is coming under fire for misusing old news footage. The latest flap is leading some people to charge that the cable news network is intentionally misleading its audience, while Fox claims a "production error."

Wednesday's incident occurred when Fox News host Gregg Jarrett mentioned that a Sarah Palin appearance and book signing in Grand Rapids, Michigan had a massive turnout. As footage rolled of a smiling and waving Palin amidst a throng of fans, Jarrett noted that the former Republican vice-presidential candidate is "continuing to draw huge crowds while she's promoting her brand-new book,'' adding that the images being shown were "some of the pictures just coming in to us.... The lines earlier had formed this morning."

However, the video used in the segment was from a 2008 McCain/Palin campaign rally. In response to the minor uproar that arose after clips of Jarrett's report hit the Internet, Fox senior vice-president of news Michael Clemente issued an initial statement saying, "This was a production error in which the copy editor changed a script and didn't alert the control room to update the video."

On Thursday afternoon, Fox News issued an on-air apology delivered by host Jane Skinner:

Did they Edit a Tape and Make it Appear that a Black Man with an AR-15 was Actually a White Man?...

^Of course that was a "Mistake"... :lol:

:)

peace...

I love how they said

In satire, truthiness is a 'truth' that a person claims to know intuitively "from the gut" without regard to evidence, logic, intellectual examination, or facts.[1]
American television comedian Stephen Colbert revealed this definition[2] as the subject of a segment called "The Wørd" during the pilot episode of his political satire program The Colbert Report on October 17, 2005. By using this as part of his routine, Colbert satirised the misuse of appeal to emotion and "gut feeling" as a rhetorical device in contemporary socio-political discourse.[3] He particularly applied it to U.S. President George W. Bush's nomination of Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court and the decision to invade Iraq in 2003.[4] Colbert later ascribed truthiness to other institutions and organizations, including Wikipedia.[5]

Truthiness, although a "stunt word", was named Word of the Year for 2005 by the American Dialect Society and for 2006 by Merriam-Webster.[6][7] However, linguist and OED consultant Benjamin Zimmer[2][8] pointed out that the word truthiness[9] already had a history in literature and appears in the Oxford English Dictionary (OED) (as a derivation of truthy) and The Century Dictionary, both of which indicate it as rare or dialectal, and to be defined more straightforwardly as "truthfulness, faithfulness".

Truthiness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Foxnews' business is built around an audience that won't object to this kind of thing, so they no longer have an incentive not to do this kind of thing.

Foxnews' business is built around an audience that won't object to this kind of thing, so they no longer have an incentive not to do this kind of thing.

They won't complain when someone they agree with does it.

When someone they disagree with does it, they squeal like jilted hairdressers.

But defending these kinds of practices - it is happening far too much to write it off as "simple mistakes" now - just goes to show who the posters are who rank ideology above truth.

Did you read the story you linked to?
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – College students ditched class, employees skipped work and some huddled in the cold overnight just to make sure they get an orange wristband Wednesday that would let them meet Sarah Palin.
A line of more than a thousand people — some sporting Palin Power stickers and Palin T-shirts — moved slowly into a Barnes & Noble store Wednesday to see the former Republican vice presidential candidate and Alaska governor on the first stop of her "Going Rogue" book tour. During the hours they waited, some broke out in chants of "Palin! Palin! Palin!"
Scores more who couldn't get wristbands awaited Palin's arrival outside, braving the cold and yelling. "USA!" and "Sarah, Sarah!" at an event that took on the feel of a political pep rally.

As I said before, the FoxNews haters trying to score some points by pointing to a trivial mistake when there were actual crowds gathered at the book signing only serves to highlight their desperation.

I hate Fox news and MSNBC

That is why I try not to watch those programs.

Caught inflating teaparty numbers
Caught inflating Palin numbers
Caught switching footage to create an illusion of participation that just wasn't there - TWICE

Trying to defend this type of "journalism" is pathetic. I guess lying is OK as long your ideology is in the "right" place, huh?

Caught inflating teaparty numbers
Caught inflating Palin numbers
Caught switching footage to create an illusion of participation that just wasn't there - TWICE

Trying to defend this type of "journalism" is pathetic. I guess lying is OK as long your ideology is in the "right" place, huh?

Almost sounds like Rassmussen

I dunno, maybe they're feeling the pressure after all...

After a rash of mistakes and apologies over the past weeks, Fox News has sent a memo to employees announcing a new "zero tolerance" policy for on-screen errors.

FishBowlDC obtained the memo, sent last Friday, which warns mistakes could lead to written warnings, suspensions and termination.

"Please know that jobs are on the line here. I can not stress that enough," the memo reads.

Fox has had three much-noticed errors in the past few weeks. First, Sean Hannity used misleading footage to beef up attendance numbers at a Capitol Hill tea party rally -- an incident that caught the attention of the Daily Show's Jon Stewart, forcing Hannity to apologize on air.

Then, last week, one of the midday news shows aired footage of an old Sarah Palin campaign rally to show the "crowds" at her current book tour. An anchor apologized a day later, and Fox blamed a "production error."

Finally, in another segment about Palin's book, the network showed the cover of a satire book called "Going Rouge" instead of her actual memoir, "Going Rogue."

Fox News Threatens Pink Slips For On-Screen Errors | TPM LiveWire

Like someone said in the comments after this article, I wonder if they're also gonna stop identifying Republican congresscritters who screw up with a "D" by their names...

If the heat that the adminstration is applying by drawing attention to the bias results in better journalism - we'll all win.

Forum List

Back