Fox Takes over Astrovision

Hobbit

Mar 25, 2004
Near Atlanta, GA
I'm sure all of you have seen it before. It's that big TV screen up on the side of a skyscraper in New York City's Times Square. Until now, it's been controlled by NBC, but with slumping ratings and a few other problems, they've allowed their lease to expire. As of 8 am today, eastern standard time, FoxNews now controls this giant icon. I just watched the changeover live, as one of the "Fox and Friends" reporters used a giant remote control to usher in the change with a graphic of the "Fox News Cube" crushing the NBC peacock logo. For those of you who don't know, one of Fox's early 'pipe dreams' was to surpass NBC, and in their early days, they couldn't even get air time in New York City, where they are still headquartered. Now, they have far surpassed NBC and can be seen on the biggest screen in town.

I'm sure all of you have seen it before. It's that big TV screen up on the side of a skyscraper in New York City. Until now, it's been controlled by NBC, but with slumping ratings and a few other problems, they've allowed their lease to expire. As of 8 am today, eastern standard time, FoxNews now controls this giant icon. I just watched the changeover live, as one of the "Fox and Friends" reporters used a giant remote control to usher in the change with a graphic of the "Fox News Cube" crushing the NBC peacock logo. For those of you who don't know, one of Fox's early 'pipe dreams' was to surpass NBC, and in their early days, they couldn't even get air time in New York City, where they are still headquartered. Now, they have far surpassed NBC and can be seen on the biggest screen in town.

Didn't the the liberal media say Fox News would never make it? Now Fox News is kicking their ass

Forum List

Back