FOX News Proposes Criminalizing Fact-checking.

I wish I was making this up, but no, FOX News really is going that Stalinist. Since they're getting embarrassed by fact-checkers, they want fact-checking made illegal unless fact-checkers get a government license.

From the article:

The real problem here is not that fact checkers got something wrong, it’s that they have the power to censor what journalism Americans see and consume unilaterally.  

Yes, yes, the standard conservative "Pointing out that I lied is censoring me!" argument.

The First Amendment rightly renders government powerless to regulate news outlets’ publishing content from their own in house fact checkers -- they are protected by freedom of the press. But third party independent fact checkers are another story entirely.

Really, FOX? Because as everyone else sees it, the fact-checkers are press too. And FOX wants them shut down by government force.

So what can be done about this dangerous situation? A new bill before the Michigan House of Representatives is a move in the right direction. The bill would require fact checkers to register with the government and carry insurance to cover payment to those who suffer financial damages as a result of a bogus fact check.

So when FOX says a Democrat lies, that would be a fact check, so they'd have to register with the government.

Yeah, right.

So, how many conservatives agree with FOX, and say that government should ban any fact-checkers not approved by the government?

Poor little fucking child, do you need you nose wiped and a diaper change. The fucking commie media and their supposed fact checkers lied their collective asses off on a bunch of stories that actually KILLED PEOPLE. The suppression of hydroxychloroquine's effectiveness as an early treatment for covid and other early treatments is the best example. They set out to censor and destroy the careers of doctors that didn't toe the party line and did in many cases. Proof of their lies is coming out and there damn sure should be a price paid.

Last edited:
I wish I was making this up, but no, FOX News really is going that Stalinist. Since they're getting embarrassed by fact-checkers, they want fact-checking made illegal unless fact-checkers get a government license.

So, how many conservatives agree with FOX, and say that government should ban any fact-checkers not approved by the government?
In other words,,,

"conservatives" want to criminalize the truth.
Sure would make their lives easier.
"Liberals" want to spout their propaganda with no repercussions.
Sure would make their lives easier.
See? in favor of criminalizing the truth.

They are beyond help.
Nobody said that but you. You're projecting your desire to control the media.

Free speech is supported by conservatives, not leftists.
BWAHAHAHA
Shut down FB = Free Speech
Govt control of social media = Free Speech
BWAHAHAHAHA

When the proposal that telling the truth be subject to government regulation is criminalizing the truth.

Criminalizing the truth is what Tiny Minded "conservatives" call "Free Speech."

BWAHAHAHAHA
You're what happens when you get all your news from Facebook.
sorry.
ZERO news feeds on my FB.
ZERO political group membership on FB.
FB reserved for family and, of course, the Steelers.
Geez. YOUR FB must be a mess.
Naaaah, my FB is nothing but family and friends. I don't let billionaire social media site owners dictate my opinions.
Wow!
And since the family disowned you I'm guessing it's you and your Q buddies.
You guess wrong, but that's an every day occurrence with you.
Yeah, right.
Listen to yourself!
Who BUT your fellow Q-Mans would want to be around you.
Isn't it a shame FB cancelled all your Q-crap?

You are who you are and even your family don't want that crap.
See, that's the thing about leftists. They believe they're far smarter than everyone else, because they tell themselves so -- and they're so gullible, they believe it without question.

For instance, here, you've told yourself you know everything about my Facebook account and my family, despite having absolutely no way of knowing any of it.

Yet you're so gullible you believe what you told yourself.

I should give you the benefit of the doubt, however. Is it perhaps the voices in your head who are telling you these things? There's medication for that, you know.
And there is the problem with Tiny Minded Trumpinistas.
They are completely unable to face reality.
So they make up realities that feed their needs.
Sure you have a FB full of "family and friends." If it makes you feel better then just go on believing it.

BUT
We all know your "friends" list dropped to 3 when the cleared out the fake Q-Man and Trump accounts.
Counting your mom and the account you made for your fish.
Your dad unfriended you for your crap but you know mommies.
The other account? Just some catfisher working for Trump24.
you: *states things as fact he has no way of knowing*

me: you have no way of knowing that

you: *KEEPS DOING IT*

You really are a piece of work. Oh, sorry, forgot the trigger warning: WORK.
Wow!
Welcome to Trumplandia.
Where whatever one says is real if he REALLY REALLY wants it to be.

So how's that election wish coming? Wishing hard enough yet?
"Where whatever one says is real if he REALLY REALLY wants it to be."

Oh, you mean like you're doing about my Facebook account and my family?

Buffoon.
No, like your personality tells me what's there.
Your "friends" are all people you meet through this kind of BS.
and
YOU REALLY THINK THEY'RE YOUR FRIENDS and that is sad.
most of your family and friends fall into the category of EX-
Because they unfriended you after you Q-Manned them one time too many.

I don't know you but I've known you for years.
You lick yogurt off of hobos' feet.

I know this.

Dood -- that's nasty.
What's a hobo?
Isn't that the term for some guys who used to sneak onto trains?

50 years ago

BWAHAHAHAHA
welcome to 1990 asswipe!
Ahh, yes, 1990. Good year. Twenty years before you were born.
I wish.
But it is where you apparently live.

Problem is that social media such as Facebook and twitter isn't really checking facts, they are picking a side and censoring the other. For examples, FB will censor actual MDs that have counter views about who should get the covid vaccine. Are FB's fact checkers actual MDs that are qualified to fact check other MDs.....I don't think so.
Back in the 50s some doctors ACTUALLY recommended smoking.
Of course they had an ulterior motive bond medicine.
Much like the doctors you're referencing.
FB and others are acting responsibly in not acting as a conduit for false information that may kill people.
Is Fauci for masks or against them this week? Did the virus come from China or didn't it this week?
New information come in and the wise man adjusts to that new information.
New information comes in and the fool calls the old information lies and continues to just stupid up the place.

"tell me again daddy how wearing masks makes COVID worse."
THE GOVERNMENT WOULD NEVER LIE TO US JUST COMFORM AND DO WHAT YOUR TOLD AND NEVER QUESTION IT

I'll pass, bootlicker.
From Jan 21 2017 to Jan 20, 2021 the government led by Trump lied to us each and every day and you did, in fact, conform and do exactly what Trump, in his lies, told you to do.

So can the "I'll pass" too late.

Do you believe Trump won the 2020 election?
Don't lie. Your "truth" is all over this platform.
Really? Then you won't have any trouble linking for me what I believe.

Hop to it, boy. You got homework.
You were asked a couple of questions.
AFRAID to answer?
AFRAID if you say no you'll get tossed from the club?
AFRAID if you say yes you'll get the slapping you so rightly deserve?

Geez. Sucks to be you.
It's awesome being me. I recommend it to everybody. :biggrin:

Meanwhile, you made a charge against me. I have no obligation to do your homework for you, boy.

Hop to it.
Still afraid to answer sonny?
Not surprising.
But being you?
Like being Trump's dirty drawers.
Full of crap but loving the smell.
View attachment 495991
How is it you expect to be taken seriously, child?
I'm talking to a collection of very low IQ Trump morons.
What makes you think I would give a single shit about YOU taking me seriously.
You're incapable of rational discussion so I'm just tweaking to moron's nose just to hear him scream.
Yes, I'm sure your mommy is very proud of you.
Be glad she's not here.
She's not nearly the sweetheart I am.
Apparently, that's on a very sliding scale.
Speaking of "sliding," got a girl yet or still friendly with Ms. Handi and her five little friends?
My 30th wedding anniversary is the 22nd of this month.

But that doesn't go along with your childish view of me, so you're screech NUH UH as if that proves anything. Dumbass.
Good for you!!!!

AND

When's the 28th anniversary of your divorce?
Never been divorced.

Have you ever had a girlfriend, or are they turned off by all the hobos you invite in?
Never been divorced cause you ain't had pussy since pussy had you.

BWAHAHAHAHA
I thought about dropping this but you're like a cat with a laser pointer. Just too funny.
How was your middle school graduation?

Oh, wait -- you have summer school now, don't you?

Well, idiot children are idiots.
I was home schooled.
and
You been DADO-SCHOOLED!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Read the thread title and point out where Fox categorically wants to make it illegal to fact-check.
Can you not read simple English? FOX wants it so that only those licensed and approved by the government can fact-check. That presumably comes along with penalties for those who disobey the law. In the Stalinist utopia of the Trump cult, unlicensed fact checking would be criminalized.

Yes, I get that you want your way of looking at it to be our way of looking at it.

How truly leftist of you.

Forum List

Back