FOX News piece: Conservatives point finger at Trump after GOP’s underwhelming midterms: 'He's never been weaker' ‘he's no doubt in rearview mirror"

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
It’s 6am and I haven’t gone to bed. The headlines are already popping up on my screen:

“No Signs of ‘Red Wave’ as Race for Congress Remains Tight” (New York Times)

“Congress hangs in balance as Democrats defy expectations” (Washington Post)

“‘Red wave’ fails to materialise as Fetterman clinches crucial Senate seat for Democrats” (The Guardian)

“Control of Congress Remains at Stake as Democrats Fend Off Anticipated ‘Red Wave’” (The Wall Street Journal)

So many of you who worked hard over these last months to prevent the bloodbath. A fascist takeover by a full slate of election deniers & voting suppressors.

And now we know there'll be no bloodbath. Not today. Because millions of us erected a force field around the haters & bigots to stop them in their tracks. And that's what has happened. Sometimes you have to lose a battle or two in order to win the war.

I love how you all knew that if for some reason we couldn’t create a blue tsunami on Nov 8, our second best choice was to make sure there'd be no red wave.

And that is where we are at as America wakes up on The Day After. Last night, the GOP was in a state of shock as they found themselves, at least for now, in control of neither the House nor the Senate! They were unable to throw a single Dem out of the Senate. In fact just the opposite happened—the Dems were able to flip control of their PA Senate seat from a Republican to a Dem. In stunned disbelief, the Dems instantly went from a 50-50 Senate to a 51-49 Senate in their favor. Georgia & Nevada are still too close to call, but the Dem in Georgia holds a small lead, and the Dem in Nevada has played see-saw all night with the Republican. To be clear, they’ll be counting these votes for days, if not weeks,so it’s anybody’s guess what'll happen.

You need 218 House seats to hold a majority, to be able to pass (or defeat) a bill. Right now they're 20 seats short of that & that's why none of the networks/AP/New York Times have called the House for either Party.

The looks on the faces of Fox News are glum. This wasn't what they—or we—have been told for months would happen...

Last edited:
FOX is banned in my household.
That's is how people remain stupid and uninformed enough to throw their support behind a clown like Trump in the first place.

They "ban" all information that isn't what they want to hear.
Then they just exist in their own little echo chambers of ignorance repeating lies and fake news like they are the truth.

Forum List

Back