Fox News/Kristol says Romney won debate

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
The establishment/Wall St Repubs are terrified of a Perry win because they know that Independents won't vote for him (they prolly won't to a great extent ;-)

Romney

If a debate more than four months before the first vote is cast can influence the outcome of a presidential nomination race, the debate last night among eight Republicans should aid Mitt Romney’s candidacy. Seldom has there been as clear a winner.

Kristol is the chief mouth-piece of Fox News and the founder of the Project for a New American Century Project for the New American Century - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The establishment/Wall St Repubs are terrified of a Perry win because they know that Independents won't vote for him (they prolly won't to a great extent.
The same crapola was said about Reagan, by the NYC-DC corridor insider douchebag intelligentsia...And he beat the living shit out of Jimmah Cahtah.

Not that Reagan was any great shakes or that I have any love for Perry, mind you....Just sayin'.

So many on the left keep claiming that they hope Perry gets the nomination over Romney, because they say Romney stands a better chance at winning the general...yet they get all excited over any tid bit that appears to edge Perry out.

So many on the left keep claiming that they hope Perry gets the nomination over Romney, because they say Romney stands a better chance at winning the general...yet they get all excited over any tid bit that appears to edge Perry out.

A good point.

Frankly, the only people I see here who are thrilled with Romney are liberals.

Which means -

1) They think he'll be easier to beat because of his whacky religion, sleazy business practices, spineless flip-flops and lack of ability to connect with people.

or

2) they've concluded in their hearts that Obama is a dead man walking, and they are hoping for the most ineffectual, RINO they can possibly get.

A good point.

Frankly, the only people I see here who are thrilled with Romney are liberals.

Which means -

1) They think he'll be easier to beat because of his whacky religion, sleazy business practices, spineless flip-flops and lack of ability to connect with people.

or

2) they've concluded in their hearts that Obama is a dead man walking, and they are hoping for the most ineffectual, RINO they can possibly get.

Or... it could be that independents will see Romney as a smart candidate who could actually do the fucking job.

Or... it could be that independents will see Romney as a smart candidate who could actually do the fucking job.

Yeah, you can tell yourself that.

Frankly, I don't see it.

This guy made his money looting companies and sending the jobs overseas. As Huckabee said, "He looks like the guy who lays you off."

Read about AmPad or Damon Medical, companies "managed" to death by Bain.

Did you people learn nothing from 2008? I mean, seriously, I heard the same arguments being made for John McCain over Huckabee. "Oh, we need someone who will appeal to independents."

The establishment/Wall St Repubs are terrified of a Perry win because they know that Independents won't vote for him (they prolly won't to a great extent.
The same crapola was said about Reagan, by the NYC-DC corridor insider douchebag intelligentsia...And he beat the living shit out of Jimmah Cahtah.

Not that Reagan was any great shakes or that I have any love for Perry, mind you....Just sayin'.

The same thing was said about Goldwater.

The establishment/Wall St Repubs are terrified of a Perry win because they know that Independents won't vote for him (they prolly won't to a great extent ;-)

Romney

If a debate more than four months before the first vote is cast can influence the outcome of a presidential nomination race, the debate last night among eight Republicans should aid Mitt Romney’s candidacy. Seldom has there been as clear a winner.

Kristol is the chief mouth-piece of Fox News and the founder of the Project for a New American Century Project for the New American Century - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Someone here can understand anything Bill Kristol murmurs???? :lol:

Frankly, I don't see it.

You don't see it because you don't want to - because you are a fucking dim-witted bigot.

I guess what I see in Romney is a guy with no core convictions. Four elections, four different versions of what his core beliefs are. Is he for gay rights or against them? Is he for abortion or against it? Is he for Social Security, or does he think it's a "criminal affair"?

Oh, yeah, and he belongs to a batshit crazy religion. There's that.

Romney can do something Perry can't, get the Independents to consider voting for him. Swaggering, big- talking, Texans bring back bad memories for some. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Frankly, I don't see it.

You don't see it because you don't want to - because you are a fucking dim-witted bigot.

I guess what I see in Romney is a guy with no core convictions. Four elections, four different versions of what his core beliefs are. Is he for gay rights or against them? Is he for abortion or against it? Is he for Social Security, or does he think it's a "criminal affair"?

Oh, yeah, and he belongs to a batshit crazy religion. There's that.
Actually, I'd take a wiccan with philosophical principles over a greasy shoe salesman like Romney.

The guy is Bubba Clintoon without the bimbo eruptions.

I'm just underwhelmed by the current repub crop w/ the exception of Paul's principles and Huntsman's experience/intelligence. The Base won't vote for them though. I also don't like Huntsman's econ ideas. Same old stuff.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back