Fourteenth Doctor Who Rumors Are Developing

#metoo. I tried but frankly it just wasn't much good. I could barely understand a word she was saying and he stories were meh!! For me the rot started with Capaldi. I always have a "wait and see" approach with a new Doc to see how they develop. Capa just didn't do it for me. Jodi was worse imo. However, having said that, the wife has been streaming Jodi and I've seen a few. OKish but not enough to make me a regular viewer again let alone a fanatic!! I also miss the strong female Companion. Not many Sarah Janes out there.

Well, some thoughts.

Capaldi would have made a GREAT Classic series Doctor. He would have been right at home with Hartnell and Pertwee, older actors who brought a gravitas to the role. The problem is the fans have gotten used to younger, more action oriented Doctors, namely Tennant and Smith.

Jodi had a lot of problems. The first was you can't understand what she is saying half the time because she rattles off her lines so quickly.

A lot of the problems aren't her fault. The biggest problem is Chibnall wanting to leave his mark on Doctor Who by rewriting canon. Oh, wait, the Doctor hasn't had 13 lives, she's had hundreds and the Timelords erased them. And the Timelords stole their ability to regenerate from her when she was the Timeless Child. And they've destroyed Galifrey again. And they brought the Master back again, but they actually ignored the GOOD stuff that happened with the previous female version of the character.

but the biggest problem might be the series has just run out of gas. Seriously, they just did a New Years Dalek story... and how many times can you do stories with the Daleks and make them interesting? Previous Doctors have outwitted whole fleets of Daleks, and Jodi is flummoxed by one or two of them?

Finally, agree with you on companions. Jodi's are so lifeless that I have a hard time remembering their names. They are implying there's a lesbian component to her relationship with Yaz, but the two characters have so little chemistry they have to outright TELL us because they can't show it.

Forum List

Back