Four people including Balwin facing charges.

There's no doubt that he fired the gun. There's no doubt that he failed to check the chamber of the gun to ensure it was not loaded with a live round.

There's no custom anywhere which relieves the shooter from being responsible for the safe use of a firearm.
Technically you are right, but in real life, stuff happens. It happens on movie sets too. So yes, in a perfect world, everybody would check and double check the weapon they are holding, but realistically sometimes they just don't think about it or bother. But with the political scene so volatile with Patriots hating Baldwin for his politics and leftists hating him for a gun related death and injury, maybe the desire for prosecution is stronger against him than it would be for others who committed the same kind of crime?

I don't know. I do know I would have a lot less concern about Alec Baldwin being a danger to me or anybody, despite this tragic accident, that I have concern about a lot of people who were not charged with crimes but should be. Anyway we aren't going to agree on this one. I do understand where everybody is coming from I think. So if he is prosecuted and found guilty or not, so be it.

I had no problem.

Then your web browser must be wide open to attack.

Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 5.51.54 PM.png

There is no way the shooting could have been intentional so we are left with a degree of negligence. Since a death was involved it's criminal negligence. I guess they never did a breathalizer on Baldwin we have to assume he was sober. Baldwin wasn't just an actor or an extra who was handed a loaded gun, he was in charge and he pulled the trigger. That makes him guilty of criminal negligence or unintentional manslaughter.

Forum List

Back