Four people including Balwin facing charges.

Not necessarily. If Baldwin fired a gun at a movie set that he believed to nonfunctional or a prop then wouldn’t that be a mistake where that Baldwin isn’t at fault ? I’m asking for argument sake. I don’t know much about this particular case

Nope. You don't get to pick up a gun without checking it, point it at another human being, and pull the trigger without being responsible, even if you're a rich white DemoKKKrat.

Not necessarily. If Baldwin fired a gun at a movie set that he believed to nonfunctional or a prop then wouldn’t that be a mistake where that Baldwin isn’t at fault ? I’m asking for argument sake. I don’t know much about this particular case

The gun was not a prop - and no one thought it was. It was supposed to be loaded with blanks. The first question is how live rounds got on set? They are strictly forbidden. The safety officer will typically hand the actor the exact number of rounds to be fired in a scene and the actor will load the weapon themselves. There is no chance of mistaking a live round for a blank. The big lead and copper thing on top is a giveaway.

There is something extremely hinky about the whole situation.

The gun was not a prop - and no one thought it was. It was supposed to be loaded with blanks. The first question is how live rounds got on set? They are strictly forbidden. The safety officer will typically hand the actor the exact number of rounds to be fired in a scene and the actor will load the weapon themselves. There is no chance of mistaking a live round for a blank. The big lead and copper thing on top is a giveaway.

There is something extremely hinky about the whole situation.

The "armorer" on set was a 20-something chick Alec Baldwin was fucking, so there's definitely an issue of qualifications and safety protocols.

This is her:

1664302295785.png

I'll believe it when it happens.

Baldwin is a leftist - no way he will be charged.
Should he be? That guy is a real douche, but he has never claimed to be a gun expert. The production team handed him a gun that he thought was empty and he rehearsed a scene by pulling the trigger. That is not proper gun safety protocol, but i think we all assume that he is fairly clueless when it comes to guns.

Nope. You don't get to pick up a gun without checking it, point it at another human being, and pull the trigger without being responsible, even if you're a rich white DemoKKKrat.
Another good point. You don't point the weapon at another person. You aim 5 feet to the side. The audience can't tell the difference and even with blanks there is the possibility of dust or debris that can become a projectile. No actor, not even extras, ever points a real gun at people.

Should he be? That guy is a real douche, but he has never claimed to be a gun expert. The production team handed him a gun that he thought was empty and he rehearsed a scene by pulling the trigger.

You don't get to pick up a gun without checking it, point it at another human being, and pull the trigger without being responsible, even if you're a rich white DemoKKKrat.

You don't get to pick up a gun without checking it, point it at another human being, and pull the trigger without being responsible, even if you're a rich white DemoKKKrat.
You do if you arent a gun owner, dont know shit about guns and a producer hands you a gun that you assume is an unloaded prop.

Should he be? That guy is a real douche, but he has never claimed to be a gun expert. The production team handed him a gun that he thought was empty and he rehearsed a scene by pulling the trigger. That is not proper gun safety protocol, but i think we all assume that he is fairly clueless when it comes to guns.

Yes, he absolutely should be charged.

The level of negligence required for this to happen is outrageous. I've been an extra in a dozen Westerns, and never found such a low level of safety, even on very low budget productions.

They broke every protocol there is. Starting with, how did live rounds even get there?

Can't get past the paywall, but I would be surprised if that happened with Baldwin being such a leftist darling.

And, as much as I detest Baldwin's sociopolitical views and his lame explanations to cover his butt in this incident, I just don't think they have a case. I don't believe he intended to harm anybody that day and had no reason to believe there was live ammunition in the pistol; no reason to check if there was live ammunition in it. Pulling the trigger was akin to one of us pulling the trigger on a toy cap pistol. Not everybody is trained in gun safety including the rule that you don't point a weapon at anybody you don't intend to or aren't willing to shoot.

Whoever put live ammo in that prop gun might be charged with gross negligence though.
He was the person who fired the killing shot. The shooter is responsible for the safe handling of a firearm. It was his responsibility to check the status of the gun before firing.

A lack of intent does not relieve one from being held responsible for negligence.

Yes, obviously others can be held to some degree of responsibilty and or negligence too.

You do if you arent a gun owner, dont know shit about guns and a producer hands you a gun that you assume is an unloaded prop.
That would still be negligence on the shooters part

Seems like an ironclad case against Baldwin then. Why’s the investigation taking so long?

Seems like an ironclad case against Baldwin then. Why’s the investigation taking so long?
It's politically loaded. Baldwin is a major lefty. democrats are basically not subject to any sort of law, but the family of the victim is insisting and the press didn't do as much to cover it up as they normally do.

Can't get past the paywall, but I would be surprised if that happened with Baldwin being such a leftist darling.

And, as much as I detest Baldwin's sociopolitical views and his lame explanations to cover his butt in this incident, I just don't think they have a case. I don't believe he intended to harm anybody that day and had no reason to believe there was live ammunition in the pistol; no reason to check if there was live ammunition in it. Pulling the trigger was akin to one of us pulling the trigger on a toy cap pistol. Not everybody is trained in gun safety including the rule that you don't point a weapon at anybody you don't intend to or aren't willing to shoot.

Whoever put live ammo in that prop gun might be charged with gross negligence though.
Everyone knows that when you are handed a weapon you always check it yourself before firing.

Baldwin is a 75IQ idiot
He was horseplaying with a gun
Intelligent people understand to treat all guns as if they are loaded

New Topics

Forum List

Back