Four months of driving an EV some observations

We are many years away before EV technology is even CLOSE to as safe and efficient as combustion engine vehicles. What's wrong with waiting until the technology and the infrastructure is ready for deployment?
Because waiting is not necessary for some of us who have invested in alternatives to the car such as ebikes. Badger's enclosed etrike does not wait for charging stations or infrastructure, the solar panel is mounted on the moving vehicle, and will not only be boycotting the Petroleum Pimp, but taking on the Weather Pimp as well, Winter 2022-23.

The problem with these EVs now is that the power source is L-I batteries. That is not a good technology for vehicles. L-I batteries are fine for a hand drill or weed whacker but is not good technology for a vehicle. Too heavy, takes a long time to recharge and has limited range. in addition the batteries degrade significantly over a period of time.

I suspect many of the people that are rushing out to buy one now will regret it in the long run.

I also agree that the government will find out a way to tax the hell out of EVs one of these days. Maybe put a tax on the number of miles you can drive. You know, to conserve electricity. The roads are not going to to pay for themselves and right now the ICE drivers are paying the bulk of the cost.

I think they will come up with good battery technology one of these days. Solid State technology seems promising once they engineer out the problems. However, L-I batteries are not the answer.

Because waiting is not necessary for some of us who have invested in alternatives to the car such as ebikes. Badger's enclosed etrike does not wait for charging stations or infrastructure, the solar panel is mounted on the moving vehicle, and will not only be boycotting the Petroleum Pimp, but taking on the Weather Pimp as well, Winter 2022-23.

Yeah, good luck with that.

Forum List

Back