Found this today

Aug 22, 2014
The guy wants $3500 for it. LOL

its just a basic 383 auto car and of course the engine and tranny are almost certainly shot. I mean look at that POS. I offered him a thousand.

Attachments

• charger.jpg
    charger.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 119
You're being generous.

Today someone told me that folks who run in demolition derbies are finding it increasingly difficult to find large older model cars such as this, so they're moving to mini-derbies using smaller vehicles. Or something like that.

If the floorpans, trunk, and quarters are intact, he'll get $3000 for it. (If all 4 are there, those wheels alone are probably worth $500+.)

*facepalm*

There IS NO FRAME! That looks more like oxidized paint that anything else. And while the pic isn't good enough to be sure, the body looks relatively solid. Offhand, two spots that often rot on 1968-70 Chargers are behind the front wheelhouse & the base of the C-pillar...both are solid on this car. Maybe it's not a great candidate for a restoration, but there looks to be plenty of good metal in it.

*facepalm*

There IS NO FRAME! That looks more like oxidized paint that anything else. And while the pic isn't good enough to be sure, the body looks relatively solid. Offhand, two spots that often rot on 1968-70 Chargers are behind the front wheelhouse & the base of the C-pillar...both are solid on this car. Maybe it's not a great candidate for a restoration, but there looks to be plenty of good metal in it.

Of course there is a frame. Just because it is not a traditional body on frame vehicle doesn't mean there isn't a backbone to the vehicle.

It has been said before, but if you purchase a thing like this and it will cost X to restore it, but it will be worth X-y after restoration, then there is a good argument to be made that the thing is worthless.

its just a basic 383 auto car and of course the engine and tranny are almost certainly shot. I mean look at that POS. I offered him a thousand.
Not a POS at all . Body looks pretty damn good. Not worth $3500 but a $2,200 offer is fair and they'll probably sell it to you. The wheels alone (if straight) are worth a nic chunk of change. I'd tell you to kick rocks with that offer :) BTW I LOVE the classic Chargers and Challengers (current ones too)

ahem SRT Hellcat Forum ;)

Not a POS at all . Body looks pretty damn good. Not worth $3500 but a $2,200 offer is fair and they'll probably sell it to you. The wheels alone (if straight) are worth a nic chunk of change. I'd tell you to kick rocks with that offer :) BTW I LOVE the classic Chargers and Challengers (current ones too)

ahem SRT Hellcat Forum ;)
The starter magneto was crappy in the many of the original models

New Topics

Forum List

Back