Fossil Fuel Exec Brags Of 'Hitting The Jackpot' As Natural Gas Prices Surge Amid Deadly Crisis In Texas

More than two dozen Texans have died as a result of Winter Storm Uri—and thousands remain without heat, water, and food—but widespread evidence of human suffering didn't stop one dirty energy executive from boasting about profiting from the crisis.

"Obviously, this week is like hitting the jackpot." That's what Roland Burns, president and chief financial officer of Comstock Resources, Inc., a shale drilling company, told investors on an earnings call earlier this week, according to NPR.

And apparently, Texas Republicans are expecting exactly that.

Yep. They're expecting the rest of the tax payers of America to pay the price gouging utility bills, Texas homeowners will be receiving, to pad their own pockets, and political campaigns, for a disaster the their failed disaster capitalist policies caused in the first place.

Please call your Senator at 202-224-3121, and tell them not one dime of tax payer money goes to Texas utility companies. Let governor Abbott explain those bills to them. I'm sure they'll be sympathetic, and understanding to that whole small government thing.

Totally Disgusting Display Greed and avarice...but Greedy Cons are always Greedy Cons.

Isn't that the American dream? Hurray, for free markets and capitalist who help to kick yous when you are down and to economically enslave the mass populace..
thats an opportunist not a capitalist,,

if youre going to troll every new thread the least you could do is be right,,
Yeah, like there is a diff..Show me where opportunist is a form of economic philosphy.
I would explain the diff for you but as youve shown many times your goal is the troll not the truth,,
You can't, can you?

More than two dozen Texans have died as a result of Winter Storm Uri—and thousands remain without heat, water, and food—but widespread evidence of human suffering didn't stop one dirty energy executive from boasting about profiting from the crisis.

"Obviously, this week is like hitting the jackpot." That's what Roland Burns, president and chief financial officer of Comstock Resources, Inc., a shale drilling company, told investors on an earnings call earlier this week, according to NPR.

Yep. They're expecting the rest of the tax payers of America to pay the price gouging utility bills, Texas homeowners will be receiving, to pad their own pockets, and political campaigns, for a disaster the their failed disaster capitalist policies caused in the first place.

Please call your Senator at 202-224-3121, and tell them not one dime of tax payer money goes to Texas utility companies. Let governor Abbott explain those bills to them. I'm sure they'll be sympathetic, and understanding to that whole small government thing.
They’re hitting the jackpot because of your crackpot democrat green scam agenda. Joe and the Ho are driving fossil fuel prices up in order to starve the poorest people on the planet to death.
Too bad there isn’t a strategy that would kill off the dumbest people because then there wouldn’t be any democrats.

Isn't that the American dream? Hurray, for free markets and capitalist who help to kick yous when you are down and to economically enslave the mass populace..
thats an opportunist not a capitalist,,

if youre going to troll every new thread the least you could do is be right,,
Yeah, like there is a diff..Show me where opportunist is a form of economic philosphy.
I would explain the diff for you but as youve shown many times your goal is the troll not the truth,,
You can't, can you?
dont need to cause I have a dictionary on my computer,,,

be kinda stupid of me to explain something to you that you can easily get on your computer,,,

Fuck that, tell them their secession just succeeded and kick their asses out.

...they did not die because of ERCOT /etc----my dad LIVED --outside--in 30 BELOW 0 weather!!! and did not die--that wasn't windchill ..they died because they were not prepared/smart/etc
They paid their electric bills and had homes. They covered their end.

Who dropped the ball?

Better than your fuckin' Communism. The American Dream is for everyone to live up to their full potential. If one is a worthless slacker ,they will end up in the gutter. Is that Capitalisms fault Komrade?

And yet when Katrina hit Bush was attacked by the left for not sending in the gov't to help the blacks fast enough. I didn't see liberals saying "fuck the blacks in New Orleans who didn't get out before the hurricane". No, but since Texas went red liberals hate them and don't think they deserve help from the feds in their natural disaster.

Fuck liberals.

Yes Let people continue to sit in the dark longer as punishment for daring to have sat in the dark to begin with. That'll teach em that Hillary should have won.
Hillary in charge would have made it worse, not better.
However, lack of energy infrastructure built for extreme cold which is rare to "no prior experience" goes back further than the 2016 elections.

Shyte happens.

I hope Uncle Joe sends me another stimulus check so that I can buy a kerosene heater and generator just in case once demand and prices on them come down this summer. I have been saying ever since I bought my house I really need a generator just in case. This reminds me I should stop dillydallying

Forum List

Back