Zone1 Forum feedback

First off my sympathies to the mods, I do not envy your job.

My observation is that most of the posts in recent days belong in badlands or flamezone or whatever we call it now.

I hope it improves in time.

We cant ask for level of effort, but we DO demand "topical content" in every post. We're just not gonna judge flaming in any particular post unless it overwhelms the effort to discuss to the specific topic. All we want is for each thread to have a UNIQUE topic and that threads are aligned with the stated topics.

ANY suggestions on how to TUNE this paradigm are always appreciated.

With whom must I engage in shameful acts of intimacy for access to this place they call " The Sewer"?

New members get access to the Taunting Forums - Badlands, Flame Zone, Rubber Room, -- when they reach a couple hundred posts. "The Sewer" forums as you called them will then appear on your forum listings.
Where the hell is THE EXISTING THREAD?

Can anyone explain where to find these threads when a mod ends a thread and leaves the comment USE THE EXISTING THREAD?

How are we supposed to know what thread when you are too lazy to provide a link or just merge them?

We're supposed to set a time on a link to the "existing thread" from any merged into it. IDEALLY -- that time should be 4 to 6 hours during the day and maybe even 6 to 8 hours late in the day. So that anybody currently in one of the merged threads just CLICKS on the OLD listing (or any alert to the thread you were in) -- and magically you are taken to the "merged thread".

That's the "resident time" for the link in the LISTINGS !!! I believe you can STILL click on the link in any thread you were in that's been merged -- and THAT OLD link will take you to the "existing thread" -- no matter HOW much time has passed.

So that is covered. Occasionally a mod will go BEYOND that and tell where the recently merged thread STARTS, because all posts go into the merge by time order as the ONLY criteria.

Not my point dear lad, and you really should google fascim

My point is personal reponsibility, which seems to be somewhat a premium in today's world

The mods can make all the rules they want here, but they will never and a day have a handle on it if posters come without restraint and civility

That comes from within

~S~

. You really should google 'sarcasm'.

My suggestion:

When mods plan to make someone take a vaycay for whatever reason, TELL THEM in pm BEFORE you do it. Because once its done, the punished person has no clue why because...drumroll...THEY CAN'T GET IN TO READ PMS FROM YOU STATING WHY AND HOW LONG THAT VAYCAY IS TO LAST. Duh.

Hard to do -- because in some cases, a warning PM can go on for DAYS AND PAGES. And then we'd be called RUDE and vicious for cutting the discussion short and enacting the ban.

But REALLY -- the reason is -- 70% of bans are assessed by the system. It calculates how many and how often the member HAS warnings and just puts the member out. In fact, many times, the warning issuing mod has NO IDEA that THEIR warning is gonna trigger a "system ban" and are surprised to see the members' name crossed out a few minutes later.

I think ALL bans cause a screen message to appear at log-in telling you the duration of the ban.

New members get access to the Taunting Forums - Badlands, Flame Zone, Rubber Room, -- when they reach a couple hundred posts. "The Sewer" forums as you called them will then appear on your forum listings.

We're supposed to set a time on a link to the "existing thread" from any merged into it. IDEALLY -- that time should be 4 to 6 hours during the day and maybe even 6 to 8 hours late in the day. So that anybody currently in one of the merged threads just CLICKS on the OLD listing (or any alert to the thread you were in) -- and magically you are taken to the "merged thread".

That's the "resident time" for the link in the LISTINGS !!! I believe you can STILL click on the link in any thread you were in that's been merged -- and THAT OLD link will take you to the "existing thread" -- no matter HOW much time has passed.

So that is covered. Occasionally a mod will go BEYOND that and tell where the recently merged thread STARTS, because all posts go into the merge by time order as the ONLY criteria.

So access to the Forbidden Zone is strictly on "Merit"?

You gotta prove you're good enough to be bad.

Genius!

So access to the Forbidden Zone is strictly on "Merit"?

You gotta prove you're good enough to be bad.

Genius!

That's not the reason to have a time period to access. EVERY new member WILL get access to them. We started that policy to discourage permanently banned members from coming back in with duplicate accounts and returning to those Taunting forums. Thus the "time out" for "new" members (who really ARE NOT new).

Or "bots".. Or spammers accessing those forums.

Forum List

Back