Former WH Official Acknowledges Obama's 'Maybe' Not Good at Governing

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
"I talked to a former Obama White House person, just before Christmas, when Obama was sort of adrift, figuring out what to do, his poll numbers were pretty low. And he said,
'Look, the president needs to find an issue to campaign on.
This is what he's good at. He's really good at campaigning. Maybe not governing,' according to this Democrat," Hamby said this morning on CNN.

CNN: Former WH Official Acknowledges Obama's 'Maybe' Not Good at Governing | The Weekly Standard

Almost ALL of us that found Obama LACKING in executive experiences, (at least Clinton was a governor!) are called RACISTs when we've pointed this out!

How can any intelligent person disagree that when the ONLY skill set the number one EXECUTIVE in the country i.e. President of the USA has is "campaigning"
we are in deep trouble!

And there have not been any ANY events equal to these events so far in Obama's terms!
1) 2001 Recession.. Yea we've had worst recessions
2) Dot.com Bust... yea we the misery index..
3) 9/11... NOT ONE event touched everyone's lives.. we watched planes crash into buildings!
4) 7 of top ten worst hurricanes ... yes each president had at least one BAD hurricane or earthquake... But NOT 7!

What would Obama have done? If all he knew was how to "campaign"???

Richard A. Clarke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Clarke worked for the State Department during the presidency of Ronald Reagan.[2] In 1992, President George H.W. Bush appointed him to chair the Counter-terrorism Security Group and to a seat on the United States National Security Council. President Bill Clinton retained Clarke and in 1998 promoted him to be the National Coordinator for Security, Infrastructure Protection, and Counter-terrorism, the chief counter-terrorism adviser on the National Security Council. Under President George W. Bush, Clarke initially continued in the same position, but the position was no longer given cabinet-level access. He later became the Special Advisor to the President on cybersecurity. Clarke left the Bush administration in 2003

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_O'Neill_(Secretary_of_the_Treasury)

Paul Henry O'Neill (born December 4, 1935) served as the 72nd United States Secretary of the Treasury for part of President George W. Bush's first term. He was fired[1] in December 2002 for his public disagreement with the administration. Prior to his term as Secretary of the Treasury, O'Neill was chairman and CEO of Pittsburgh-based industrial giant Alcoa and chairman of the RAND Corporation.

they told us all a lot about what Bush was doing in office.

did you believe them?

do you remember Bush having detractors who were in his admin?
OH I'm sure there are detractors! I don't disagree!

But really comparing a 2 year experience in the US Senate with NO executive actions required to a person with
1) MBA from Harvard
2) Oil company executive
3) Baseball team owner
4) 4 years as governor of Texas would be the 14th largest economy in the world by GDP

So geez yea probably are detractors BUT the above FACTS are the FACTS..
What comparable experience as an EXECUTIVE has Obama had ...except his current on the job learning!

Last edited:
"I talked to a former Obama White House person, just before Christmas, when Obama was sort of adrift, figuring out what to do, his poll numbers were pretty low. And he said,
'Look, the president needs to find an issue to campaign on.
This is what he's good at. He's really good at campaigning. Maybe not governing,' according to this Democrat," Hamby said this morning on CNN.

CNN: Former WH Official Acknowledges Obama's 'Maybe' Not Good at Governing | The Weekly Standard

Almost ALL of us that found Obama LACKING in executive experiences, (at least Clinton was a governor!) are called RACISTs when we've pointed this out!

How can any intelligent person disagree that when the ONLY skill set the number one EXECUTIVE in the country i.e. President of the USA has is "campaigning"
we are in deep trouble!

And there have not been any ANY events equal to these events so far in Obama's terms!
1) 2001 Recession.. Yea we've had worst recessions
2) Dot.com Bust... yea we the misery index..
3) 9/11... NOT ONE event touched everyone's lives.. we watched planes crash into buildings!
4) 7 of top ten worst hurricanes ... yes each president had at least one BAD hurricane or earthquake... But NOT 7!

What would Obama have done? If all he knew was how to "campaign"???

Wow Health this is pretty damning stuff. Where does it say Obama is ONLY good at campagning?

And when did saying someone was only good a campaigning have anything to do with race? Did your strawman tell you that?

Oh and BTW those broker rules started INFORCEMENT about a week after Bush stood in front of the nation and said we were about to collapse

Now would one of you people who loved GLB act tell me why the Bush admin held back those rules for 8 long years?

Not the first time...Kirsten Powers, Democrat Strategist and pretty far left at that, said about Obama - "The Obama administration is great at Politics, but not so great at Policies."

what did Richard Clarke say about Bush?

do you even know?

he was the TOP terror expert in the country.

what did he say about Bush and AQ?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/clarkes-take-on-terror/

In the aftermath of Sept. 11, President Bush ordered his then top anti-terrorism adviser to look for a link between Iraq and the attacks, despite being told there didn't seem to be one.

The charge comes from the adviser, Richard Clarke, in an exclusive interview on 60 Minutes.

The administration maintains that it cannot find any evidence that the conversation about an Iraq-9/11 tie-in ever took place.

Clarke also tells CBS News Correspondent Lesley Stahl that White House officials were tepid in their response when he urged them months before Sept. 11 to meet to discuss what he saw as a severe threat from al Qaeda.

"Frankly," he said, "I find it outrageous that the president is running for re-election on the grounds that he's done such great things about terrorism. He ignored it. He ignored terrorism for months, when maybe we could have done something to stop 9/11. Maybe. We'll never know."

Clarke went on to say, "I think he's done a terrible job on the war against terrorism."

You only believe what you want to believe.

That is why you are always wrong.

Bad info in means bad decisions out

Forum List

Back