Former President Bush to fundraise for Liz Cheney in his first 2022 event, setting up clash with Trump

Former President George W. Bush will hold a fundraiser next month for the embattled Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., whose criticisms of former President Donald Trump have put her political career in jeopardy.

George Bush must really hate trump.

Do you think Bush's campaigning for Liz Cheney will help?

Why isn't Jeb! making an appearance?....Thought he was supposed to be the "smart Bush".

tenor.gif

Some represent a monarchy with another name. The Bushes are afraid their investment will be thwarted by Trump.

Just look at the comments in the article, I think GOP voters get it.

The only two living former Republican presidents are taking opposite sides in the nasty intra-GOP battle to oust Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming from Congress.

Former President George W. Bush will headline a fundraiser for Cheney on Oct. 18 in Dallas, a Republican source familiar with the event confirmed to Fox News on Wednesday morning.

Cheney is the daughter of former Vice President Dick Cheney, who served as Bush’s vice president during his two terms (2001-2009) in the White House.

Bush’s appearance at the event – he’s listed on the invitation as a "special guest" – is his first helping fellow Republicans running in the 2022 midterm elections. Word of the fundraiser was first reported by the Wall Street Journal.

But Bush’s move puts him at odds with former President Donald Trump , who has launched a full court press to defeat Cheney as she runs next year for a fourth two-year term representing the entire state of Wyoming in the House.
Oh well......Bush will lose this one......

"Her fucking pos father ......Cheney ran that shit show
Fuck the Bushs, fuck the Cheneys. ,,,,,, dik sukers..."

Do most MAGAHats self-identify with the poster 'Hang-on-Sloopy'.
Is he the archetypical Trump supporter? The ideal Trumpster?
The model the others on the forum pattern themselves after?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The Neo Con Artists planned for the 9/11 thing .......... and 1/2 the population on course for early departure."
"Early departure"?
You mean like untimely dying?
Be our sherpa here Ivan, tell us what you are talking about.

"George Bush must really hate trump."

Well, I don't personally know W, but I would guess it ain't really a 'hate'-thingy as much as it is a disdain-thingy. A class distinction bias. Old respected money vs. new and crude money. Good manners vs. bad manners. Social refinement and civic duty vs. not so much.

I could be persuaded that that is more the case.
But will remain neutral for now.

From WaPo in 2018 vis-a-vis George Sr.'s funeral:

"For that, we can thank the late former president Bush, no fan of Trump. By insisting on his successor’s inclusion in the proceedings, Bush forced the current White House occupant to briefly abandon his unfrozen cave-man act, denying him the chance to further debase the office of president by siphoning the dignity out of 41’s final hours in D.C. — something 45 likely would have relished, given the opportunity."

"Elites are hilarious........Cheney will get all the Dallas votes in Wyoming."

I have no desire to throw shade on good poster 'buckeye', but.......but I kinda sorta think that the 'Dallas votes in Wyoming' ain't a consideration at all. Zero, zilch, nada.

Rather, it is Dallas money -----for persuading Wyoming votes in Wyoming..... that's the game.

IMHO

I have no desire to throw shade on good poster 'buckeye', but.......but I kinda sorta think that the 'Dallas votes in Wyoming' ain't a consideration at all. Zero, zilch, nada.

Rather, it is Dallas money -----for persuading Wyoming votes in Wyoming..... that's the game.

IMHO
I get it...that's the point.....they are doing this shit in Dallas.....not in Wyoming......when the problem is she needs votes in Wyoming......it's not a good look....she looks like an elitist.......which the people in Wyoming love DC insiders and elites telling them what to do....they LOVE it

Some of the comments are suggesting that they want another Democrat to win, they do NOT want a conservative or Trump-like politician to win. You won't see any of these fossils support a DeSantis, Pomepo or the like.

Bush and his ilk China-First, and the voters know this. China would be more willing to work peacefully with a nation they respect, not one they know will allow them to do as they please. This mutual respect, both Obama and Bush failed to attain.
Many Repub voters now know what they are but there are still many others who will vote for them. It is like an never ending scourage as we get Prog derived Vichy Repubs who cushion the moves to the left.

Bush v. Trump.... This sounds like an upcoming episode of the Biggest Loser.

Some represent a monarchy with another name. The Bushes are afraid their investment will be thwarted by Trump.

The only two living former Republican presidents are taking opposite sides in the nasty intra-GOP battle to oust Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming from Congress.

Former President George W. Bush will headline a fundraiser for Cheney on Oct. 18 in Dallas, a Republican source familiar with the event confirmed to Fox News on Wednesday morning.

Cheney is the daughter of former Vice President Dick Cheney, who served as Bush’s vice president during his two terms (2001-2009) in the White House.

Bush’s appearance at the event – he’s listed on the invitation as a "special guest" – is his first helping fellow Republicans running in the 2022 midterm elections. Word of the fundraiser was first reported by the Wall Street Journal.

But Bush’s move puts him at odds with former President Donald Trump , who has launched a full court press to defeat Cheney as she runs next year for a fourth two-year term representing the entire state of Wyoming in the House.
Is Trump running against Cheney?

Who at all is surprised he's helping a Republican, let alone his VP's daughter?

Big mistake. Miss Cheney hates President Trump. Bush seems to share that hatred after he endured the same scorched earth Demmie disdain. I wish hatred based on loyalty would stop division. I was Bush's greatest fan, but if he uses his star power to perpetrate division in the Republican Party. he will give Marxists control by successful divisions. I'd hate for all the good he did as President to be an agent of division of this nation from what's left of the Constitution after control freak Pelosi poisoned the well with help from two previous Democrat empires, Clinton and Obama. What horrible villains they have made of themselves. Please tread carefully, Mr. Bush.

It's not as bad as you wish. Get real and stop yer hate or you have no position to call out anyone for theirs.

I will always love Bush and Cheney, but I can't really know how Wyoming will go. No hard feelings, but I think George Bush, the President I passionately supported from the day he announced his run for President for the following nine years, well, I think he's burning up 🔥 good money on a shot in the dark candidate who happens to be the daughter of the best friends he ever had. Even so, her Dad is Wyoming's favorite son. It could be the closest vote for a House seat, and it could be decided by just one vote all things considered. And I have no idea who will win the chair for the Representative at large in the Equality State. The conservative people there also like Donald Trump because he supports business and will likely take another shot at peace on earth starting with healing in the Middle East. Bless 'em.

Forum List

Back