Former Pharmaceutical Executive Makes Light of People Dying, Makes Mockery of Congress, Pleads 5th

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
There are some guys who deserve to have their ass beat, some guys for whom there should be a special law that would allow their ass to beaten...Martin Shkreli is the POSTER CHILD for such a law!

"The former pharmaceutical executive who generated national outrage after he raised the price of a once-cheap life-saving pill to $750 was unapologetic and showed his contempt for lawmakers Thursday -- invoking his Fifth Amendment rights and rolling his eyes, as one congressman asked if he was “even paying attention.”

DESPICABLEME_20160204_110645.jpg

At one point, he chuckled, rolled his eyes and turned his head, prompting Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md., to demand, “Are you even paying attention?”

“It’s not funny, Mr. Shkreli,” Cummings said. “People are dying.”

“I have never seen the committee treated with so much contempt,” Rep. John Mica, R-Fla., said.

Shkreli's lawyer Ben Brafman said his client wasn't being disrespectful but that his eyerolls and smirks were the result of nervous energy.

After walking out of the hearing Shkreli tweeted: "Hard to accept that these imbeciles represent the people in our government."

("Shkreli faces separate criminal charges of securities fraud in connection with another drug company he owned. The lawmakers summoned him to answer for the decision that made him infamous: raising the price for Daraprim, the only approved drug for a rare and sometimes deadly parasitic infection.
The brash entrepreneur and former hedge fund manager, who pleaded not guilty after his arrest in December in New York, has been out on $5 million bail.")

-----

I don't know about 'imbeciles', but I do know Cummings and the other members of that committee are 'pu$$ies'! I would have slapped him with 'Contempt' for his OBVIOUS contempt for and disrespect for the Committee / Congress. I would have had him sharing a cell with the biggest, hairiest, horniest convict I could find for about 12 hours....

------

Luckily for Americans (hopefully), this a$$hole's behavior shed light on how greedy pharmaceutical execs and companies regard and treat the American people (which is pretty much how career politicians treat them...the politicians just don't show their disdain for citizens as openly as this jackass did). Maybe this will fuel some action against the companies...

"Problems with the prescription drug market – price increases, lack of transparency in pricing and regulatory roadblocks for generic drug alternatives – were the focus of the hearing."

Regarding a cheap life-saving pill whose price was raised to 4750 PER PILL:

Shkreli said in an email to one contact: "We raised the price from $1,700 per bottle to $75,000. Should be a very handsome investment for all of us."

Yeah this lowlife shows in vivid color what greed unchecked looks like. Prison is too good for this loser, but let's hope he gets prison and finds some new 'friends' there.

I am beginning to believe there is something in their blood, but its the love of money they are raised to believe in. He is afflicted with Jim Cramer, I would never listen to his advise either. I don't know what it is about these greedy slim balls.

Isnt this guy in prison now or close to it?

I hate reading about these amoral pricks, the Wall Street culture is full of them.

Isnt this guy in prison now or close to it?

I hate reading about these amoral pricks, the Wall Street culture is full of them.
(Yeah, and Hillary has and does take a LOT of money from them. Not long ago she invoked '9/11/01' TWICE to justify doing so. 'I was instrumental in helping re-build Wall Street, so they OWE me... :p )

Forum List

Back