Former NHLer Jordin Tootoo rips creepy Canada: ‘How could a nation allow this?’

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
If only he knew the reality of Canada. So many Americans and Europeans do today, which is one reason Canadas economy is in rapid decline, our position in major international organizations in peril.

sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/nation-allow-tootoo-b-c-residential-school-findings/

Former NHLer Jordin Tootoo, the first Inuk to play in the league, says he was left “reeling” after learning about last week’s discovery of the remains of 215 children at a former residential school in Kamloops, B.C.

The 38-year-old from Rankin Inlet, Nunavut — who played 13 seasons in the NHL — posted an emotional letter to Twitter on Friday in which he detailed his “rage” over the findings and his personal connection to Canada’s residential school system, where roughly 150,000 First Nations, Metis and Inuit children were forcibly sent and where many suffered abuse and died.

“This week has been one of the toughest of my life. The revelations emerging from the Kamloops residential school and the expectation that it is likely the tip of the iceberg has me reeling,” wrote Tootoo.

“The word, school, is not accurate. These were prisons for children who had been ripped from their families. These places were where a nation attempted to annihilate the culture of my people.”

Over the past 50+ years, how many native peoples women have been abducted, assaulted and killed only to have their cases completely ignored by the Canadian government? Look it up. It is horrific.

Over the past 50+ years, how many native peoples women have been abducted, assaulted and killed only to have their cases completely ignored by the Canadian government? Look it up. It is horrific.

I know first hand how this works in this country, it's not just native citizens. I'm one of many such victims.

The only solace is that many in other countries know about our reputation too, and we are paying a steep price. From back to back Security Council seat losses after 70 years of never losing a vote, to Europe basically ignoring us in their "free trade" agreement, to American presidents not even visiting us. The curtain has been drawn back and our allies and enemies alike know what they see.

I've seen Obama lecture us on human rights in Parliament, seen Cali. police criticize Canadian police, seen business leaders become more critical of Canada. There is a reason Canada has worked really hard to build a close partnership with China, we are more similar than people know and we realize that our traditional allies don't view us with the same trust.

The creepy covert TPS, OPP and RCMP and their political enablers own this collapse.

Forum List

Back