Former NFL quarterback Ken Stabler had brain disease CTE

Kat

Retired Mod
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2008
Former Oakland Raiders quarterback Ken Stabler, the late NFL MVP and Super Bowl winner who is a finalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, has been diagnosed with the brain disease CTE, Boston University researchers said Wednesday.
Stabler, who died of colon cancer at 69 in July, had Stage 3 chronic traumatic encephalopathy, Dr. Ann McKee told The Associated Press. McKee said the disease was widespread throughout his brain, with ''quite severe'' damage to the regions involving learning, memory and regulation of emotion.

''We've now found CTE in former NFL players who played every position except kicker,'' said McKee, a professor of neurology at Boston University. ''While we know on average that certain positions experience more repetitive head impacts and are more likely at greater risk for CTE, no position is immune.''

Late NFL QB Stabler suffered from CTE

:(
This is coming out more and more. It's really getting scary.

I ♥ Stabler.

thats the key word OAKLAND Raiders.thats what they should always have been and need to remain.I never saw the snake play but he was their best ever they had. I always liked that commerical with him and dan fouts together in the tastes great less filling commerical.I still have that in some old oakland raider games i have when gannon was there.that was the one time i did like the raiders when rich gannon was there.

Big loss to his family, especially his grand kids. He completed 65% of his passes one season. That was a big accomplishment back then.

Stabler was an all time great, up there with Lamonica and Blanda.

Come ON!!! The Snake fucked up his own brain on booze and drugs. Kenny was great. How he chose to enjoy life was his own damned business and no one else's fault.

You don't get CTE from drugs and alcohol. In the general population CTE is rare. In the NFL it is common. It is a risk that you take when you subject your body to vicious hits.

Come ON!!! The Snake fucked up his own brain on booze and drugs. Kenny was great. How he chose to enjoy life was his own damned business and no one else's fault.

You don't get CTE from drugs and alcohol. In the general population CTE is rare. In the NFL it is common. It is a risk that you take when you subject your body to vicious hits.

Stabler was a QB. Even in his era the QBs were seldom hit hard. Was there a position on the teams even back then save the kickers and holders that took less punishment than the QB?

Stabler was a QB. Even in his era the QBs were seldom hit hard. Was there a position on the teams even back then save the kickers and holders that took less punishment than the QB?

His brain shows he has CTE, the only way you can get CTE is from hits to the head. The game was a lot rougher then than now. Several QB's in today's game get concussions, You don't get CTE from booze and drugs, you get it from hard hits to the head.

His brain shows he has CTE, the only way you can get CTE is from hits to the head. The game was a lot rougher then than now. Several QB's in today's game get concussions, You don't get CTE from booze and drugs, you get it from hard hits to the head.

He probably got his hits in practice. It was the Raiders..Right? :lol: Was there ever a dirtier team in the history of the NFL?

He probably got his hits in practice. It was the Raiders..Right? :lol: Was there ever a dirtier team in the history of the NFL?

Never a harder hitting team, but when teams got their asses handed to them they had to make excuses, I see you are an excuse maker.

I loved Stabler. Up until a few years back he did color for Bama.
No one could tell a better story than the snake.....and yes he drank a lot earlier on., and he got in trouble, but that has nothing to do with CTE.

Never a harder hitting team, but when teams got their asses handed to them they had to make excuses, I see you are an excuse maker.

I show consistent passion for my team win or lose. You just complain about it. I would rather dig in and explore why wins and losses happen than just be a whiner.

Funny you don't show any loyalty to any team. You only passion seems to be in trying to drag down mine and others interest in our teams. You really are not a better fan than anyone else. In fact you are not really a fan at all. But carry on...if it gives you some perverse pleasure to criticize my enthusiasm then by all means go for it.

I show consistent passion for my team win or lose. You just complain about it. I would rather dig in and explore why wins and losses happen than just be a whiner.

Funny you don't show any loyalty to any team. You only passion seems to be in trying to drag down mine and others interest in our teams. You really are not a better fan than anyone else. In fact you are not really a fan at all. But carry on...if it gives you some perverse pleasure to criticize my enthusiasm then by all means go for it.

Excuses, excuses, and more excuses. You wanting Newton to get hurt is pretty low even for you. That is pretty sick even for you homer. I defended the Raiders and you in your ignorance say stupid shit. You are an ignorant homer, not a fan, a weak little homer that throws hissy fits when your team doesn't win but carry on, you are a poor loser and all of us on this board know it.

Excuses, excuses, and more excuses. You wanting Newton to get hurt is pretty low even for you. That is pretty sick even for you homer. I defended the Raiders and you in your ignorance say stupid shit. You are an ignorant homer, not a fan, a weak little homer that throws hissy fits when your team doesn't win but carry on, you are a poor loser and all of us on this board know it.

That is some burden getting yourself elected as the spokesperson for USMB. Having had a similar honor bestowed I can relate.

Well.....if EVERY member knows this intel there is no point in denying it. I'm sure you did your part in surveying the members. Good work. Now you need to get with Cereal to get me perma banned. I'm sure with all the data you have gathered he will have no choice but to drop the hammer.

In the mean time while awaiting my fate I'll just keep on pointing out what a great team the Seahawks are and what a nasty cynical A-hole you are. I'm here to have fun talking Seahawks. That obviously rubs you the wrong way. With all that clout you claim no doubt my 7 years here will be coming to a sad end real soon.

Funny this conversation reminds me of one I had on the old Seahawks dot com board around 15 year or so. We had a vote on the matter and guess what. That survey showed I had about 100-1 comments in my favor.. Then... One of my friends started an official vote for president of the MB and what do you know??? I won!

JayHawk a very popular member of the original Seahawks board and I got together and became close friends. and are still pals to this day.

they USED to have that honor for decades no doubt ,the cheatriots have easily taken that crown from them now though.:lol:

the raiders got nothing on them.the cheats make them look like a bunch of boyscouts.:haha:

they USED to have that honor for decades no doubt ,the cheatriots have easily taken that crown from them now though.:lol:

the raiders got nothing on them.the cheats make them look like a bunch of boyscouts.:haha:

The Raiders are now Morman homophobes? WOW! That's a shocker!

which is no surprise whatsoever since Poopers team in the cheatriots despite his claim they are not the way he defends them to know end same as old fartstyle and his wife chrissy troll.

yeah I never thought i would find myself saying that about the chokeland faiders especailly since traiter Al is an evil man who gave the city of oakland the middle finger once but compared to that team,pretty much.:biggrin:

yeah I never thought i would find myself saying that about the chokeland faiders especailly since traiter Al is an evil man who gave the city of oakland the middle finger once but compared to that team,pretty much.:biggrin:

Ya that move to LA was some twisted crap but then he topped THAT with slinking his team back to the Bay. I don't see how that team can have any loyal fans at all the way Slick Al treated them.

Ya that move to LA was some twisted crap but then he topped THAT with slinking his team back to the Bay. I don't see how that team can have any loyal fans at all the way Slick Al treated them.

The Raiders sure are the perfect fit for the city of oakland,they got the weirdest fans in the NFL,that asshole takes the team away from them making them go into depression mode "and I know how that felt when the Rams left LA.,most depressing moment in my life."

that asshole takes them away from them and yet to this day,oakland fans hold him on a pedastal.:rolleyes:

LA Ram fans are fare more intelligent than them,unlike them,THEY dont hold that bitch on a pedastal,they in fact would like to piss on her grave same as me. :thup:

There are SOME fans in oakland however that were wise,many of them after the Raiders returned to Oakland,threw away their season tickets.I know i would have done the same thing if the same owner that took the team away from me brought them back.

I cannot believe the mindset of many of them was-they are back now,its okay,its all good.Uh no its not.the guy gave you all the middle finger and your going to take them back?:rolleyes:

had I grown up in oakland and been a raider fan i WOULD become one now though since that asshole is dead.Cant hold a grudge against the son for what his father did.

traiter al just like georgia frontiere is burning in hell right now.

Forum List

Back