Former Missouri Governor Eric Greitens EXONERATED of Any Wrongdoing by Missouri Ethics Commission

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
A career ruined, a life in disarray, it was fake news at work.

PRESS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE DISTRIBUTION

GREITENS FULLY EXONERATED BY MISSOURI ETHICS COMMISSION

“NO evidence of ANY wrongdoing”

FEBRUARY 13, 2020—After a 20-month investigation the Missouri Ethics Commission (MEC) released an order fully exonerating former Governor Eric Greitens. They found “no evidence of any wrongdoing on the part of Eric Greitens.” Charlie Spies, the leader of Dickinson Wright PLLC’s political law practice, served as Mr. Greitens’ legal counsel throughout the MEC investigation.

Further, in an unusual move, the MEC agreed not “to limit the civil or criminal remedies that may be available to Governor Greitens,” against those who made accusations.

“Eric Greitens is and always has been innocent of these false accusations. Our contention from the beginning was that the accusations against Mr. Greitens were baseless,” said Catherine Hanaway, the leader of Husch Blackwell LLP’s Government Solutions practice team and a former U.S. Attorney.

The MEC order is the result of one of the most thorough and exhaustive investigations in the history of the commission. Overall, the MEC issued 23 subpoenas, conducted 20 interviews, and reviewed roughly 8,000 documents, emails and videos. Over the last two years the Greitens campaign incurred costs of over $1.3 million defending against the allegations.

Governor Greitens said, “It’s good to have been exonerated, and I’m glad to have been vindicated. I’m grateful that the truth has won out, but this was never really about me—they launched this attack because we were fighting for the people of Missouri.”

“I would like to thank Charlie Spies of Dickinson Wright PLLC, and Catherine Hanaway of Husch Blackwell LLP for finally setting the record straight,” Greitens concluded.​

Eugene G. Bernat on Twitter

BREAKING: Former Missouri Governor Eric Greitens EXONERATED of Any Wrongdoing by Missouri Ethics Commission

PRESS RELEASE

FEBRUARY 13, 2020—After a 20-month investigation the Missouri Ethics Commission (MEC) released an order fully exonerating former Governor Eric Greitens. They found “no evidence of any wrongdoing on the part of Eric Greitens.” Charlie Spies, the leader of Dickinson Wright PLLC’s political law practice, served as Mr. Greitens’ legal counsel throughout the MEC investigation.

Further, in an unusual move, the MEC agreed not “to limit the civil or criminal remedies that may be available to Governor Greitens,” against those who made accusations.

“Eric Greitens is and always has been innocent of these false accusations. Our contention from the beginning was that the accusations against Mr. Greitens were baseless,” said Catherine Hanaway, the leader of Husch Blackwell LLP’s Government Solutions practice team and a former U.S. Attorney.

The MEC order is the result of one of the most thorough and exhaustive investigations in the history of the commission. Overall, the MEC issued 23 subpoenas, conducted 20 interviews, and reviewed roughly 8,000 documents, emails and videos. Over the last two years the Greitens campaign incurred costs of over $1.3 million defending against the allegations.

Governor Greitens said, “It’s good to have been exonerated, and I’m glad to have been vindicated. I’m grateful that the truth has won out, but this was never really about me—they launched this attack because we were fighting for the people of Missouri.”

“I would like to thank Charlie Spies of Dickinson Wright PLLC, and Catherine Hanaway of Husch Blackwell LLP for finally setting the record straight,” Greitens concluded.​

BREAKING: Former Missouri Governor Eric Greitens EXONERATED of Any Wrongdoing by Missouri Ethics Commission
Wonderful to see. Hopefully he can get his life back together now.

Glad to see this

and this as well, from wiki-
Since June 2018, Special Prosecutor Gerard Carmody has been investigating Gardner and announced a 7-count felony indictment against the prosecution's lead investigator.[5][6]

PRESS RELEASE

When I read the story I noticed that the political party affiliation of the governor was not given

which makes it 99% certain he is a republican

otherwise the lib news media would shouted that a democrat was falsely accused

Glad to see this

Since June 2018, Special Prosecutor Gerard Carmody has been investigating Gardner and announced a 7-count felony indictment against the prosecution's lead investigator.[5][6]
But why did the GOP leave this guy hanging out to dry? They did the same thing to Govenor McDonnel in VA.

The GOP needs more people with some balls, thats for damned sure.

Glad to see this

But why did the GOP leave this guy hanging out to dry? They did the same thing to Govenor McDonnel in VA.

The GOP needs more people with some balls, thats for damned sure.
They are beginning to learn. Problem is, until they themselves can get all the facts, they have to be leery or political opponents will ream them if that person is indeed found guilty.

You failed to note this from your link-
A consent order says Greitens can pay $38,000 of the fine and be done with the case as long as no more violations occur, and said the ethics commission “found no evidence of wrongdoing on the part of Eric Greitens, individually.”

I failed to note anything other than the fact his campaign was fined. :p

A consent order says Greitens can pay $38,000 of the fine and be done with the case as long as no more violations occur, and said the ethics commission “found no evidence of wrongdoing on the part of Eric Greitens, individually.”

Yep, you did. Wonder why... ;)

Well, the OP made it sound like nothing but some sort of witch-hunt. I don't know what went on with it (I hadn't heard of this until I saw the thread) but there was at least some reason for investigation, at least, it appears.

I don't really give a crap one way or the other. Not my state, I don't know anything about the situation other than what I've read in a couple of articles, just thought I'd add some info. :D

Well, the OP made it sound like nothing but some sort of witch-hunt. I don't know what went on with it (I hadn't heard of this until I saw the thread) but there was at least some reason for investigation, at least, it appears.

I don't really give a crap one way or the other. Not my state, I don't know anything about the situation other than what I've read in a couple of articles, just thought I'd add some info. :D
It was another case of fake allegations thrown at a Republican trying to ruin their life, that is all.

It was another case of fake allegations thrown at a Republican trying to ruin their life, that is all.

Meh, according to the OP article, he was facing possible impeachment from the Republican house. I don't care for either of the major parties, so I don't usually look at these things through that sort of lens. :dunno:

Forum List

Back