Former GOP senator switches parties, challenges for lt. gov.

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
He blames GOP's refusal to support Medicaid expansion.

Former GOP senator switches parties challenges for lt. gov.

"Why join the Democratic Party and run for lieutenant governor?" Johnson said before a cheering throng of supporters at a Capitol press conference. "I'll tell you: We are all Mississippians first. Elected officials should be in the business of helping all Mississippians, not picking out who to hurt."

"The Republican Party leaders' actions against supporting Medicaid expansion and threatening our local hospitals was the final, deciding factor for me."
<more>

He blames GOP's refusal to support Medicaid expansion.

Former GOP senator switches parties challenges for lt. gov.

"Why join the Democratic Party and run for lieutenant governor?" Johnson said before a cheering throng of supporters at a Capitol press conference. "I'll tell you: We are all Mississippians first. Elected officials should be in the business of helping all Mississippians, not picking out who to hurt."

"The Republican Party leaders' actions against supporting Medicaid expansion and threatening our local hospitals was the final, deciding factor for me."
<more>
Well, that is one way to successfully retire from politics.

Former GOP senator switches parties, challenges for lt. gov.

A rare example of a rat swimming toward a sinking ship.
Just the opposite. The sinking ship is the GOP.
It is a rare example of someone who realizes the people he has been working with are not doing their jobs as public servants, and he has been honest enough to change affiliations in order to do the right thing. Good for him.

Forum List

Back