Former DOJ national security chief says that Trump likely violated the Espionage Act and a separate federal statute

Rather than send his documents to his Presidential Library...

In late 2016, military convoys began shipping some 30 million pages of paper documents and 30,000 artifacts to a former furniture store in suburban Hoffman Estates, Ill.

A furniture store? Thats a weird place for Obamas documents, dont you think.?

This lie has already been debunked.

Oh, yeah. Like that time he met with his buddies and wondered whether he should get General Flynn fired or try to get him to lie after convincing him to talk without his attorney present, and then threatened to go after Flynn's kids if he did not cooperate?

Oh wait . . . that wasn't Trump. Who was that, again?
Didn't Trump appoint Barr to the department of Justice and wasn't he the one who dismissed the case against Flynn. That would mean Trump would be involved and that's why it was all f***** up. Everyone and everything he touches is damaged goods.

Didn't Trump appoint Barr to the department of Justice and wasn't he the one who dismissed the case against Flynn. That would mean Trump would be involved and that's why it was all f***** up. Everyone and everything he touches is damaged goods.
I don't know that Barr dismissed the case. Not saying he didn't, I just don't remember that.

Yes, the "Trump appointees" is a great talking point that Trump unfortunately handed the enemies of America. He knew he had to get rid of the top of the pyramid, but he thought to appoint experienced people instead of avoiding establishment Republicans who hated him.

Both the FBI and the DOJ need to have their top third at least completely removed. Let them re-build starting with U.S. Attorney-sized units with the U.S. Attorney of each hand picked for loyalty, just like every president before except Bush 43, IRRC.

I don't know that Barr dismissed the case. Not saying he didn't, I just don't remember that.

Yes, the "Trump appointees" is a great talking point that Trump unfortunately handed the enemies of America. He knew he had to get rid of the top of the pyramid, but he thought to appoint experienced people instead of avoiding establishment Republicans who hated him.

Both the FBI and the DOJ need to have their top third at least completely removed. Let them re-build starting with U.S. Attorney-sized units with the U.S. Attorney of each hand picked for loyalty, just like every president before except Bush 43, IRRC.
I double check Barr was the one who dismissed the case on technicalities. There was plenty of evidence. trump always finds a way to circumvent Justice. He believes in the law as long as it doesn't adversely affect him.

I double check Barr was the one who dismissed the case on technicalities. There was plenty of evidence. trump always finds a way to circumvent Justice. He believes in the law as long as it doesn't adversely affect him.
What was Flynn's crime and what were the technicalities?

As far as I know, he was entrapped into lying to an FBI agent, by promises that he did not need have his attorney present. We know that's what happened, because their notes said they were planning exactly that.

What was Flynn's crime and what were the technicalities?

As far as I know, he was entrapped into lying to an FBI agent, by promises that he did not need have his attorney present. We know that's what happened, because their notes said they were planning exactly that.
That's what the attorneys tried to present as their case. Did you know he confessed twice. Once without a lawyer and then again with a lawyer. trump got his way as usual, by hook or crook, he really knows how to run a scam.

That's what the attorneys tried to present as their case. Did you know he confessed twice. Once without a lawyer and then again with a lawyer. trump got his way as usual, by hook or crook, he really knows how to run a scam.
No, I didn't know that he "confessed twice." Since you provide no evidence of that I still don't know it.

That sounds like the spin of a clickbait headline more than actual facts.

The question was what is his crime, and what were the technicalities?

The Espionage Act has a specific provision that relates to gross negligence of handling of documents.

The full interview has a lot of interesting insights.

“There's a variety of different possible crimes, but I think the two that are probably worth focusing the most on are 18 USC 2071. This really applies to any federal government employee who, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies or destroys public records, right? Records that are public records. Another potential crime is actually under the Espionage Act, which is 18 USC 793. And that actually has provisions that apply to essentially the mishandling through gross negligence, permitting documents to be removed from their proper place, or to be lost, stolen, or destroyed. There's also conspiracy provisions within that 18 USC 793. But certainly gross negligence could be proved by willfulness, because that would be even beyond gross negligence.”

One other important point she makes is that the FBI would have good reason to believe evidence is still there.

“It's a very overt step for the FBI to actually execute a search warrant that signals to the whole world that they had probable cause — that a federal judge agreed with — to believe that the evidence of a crime would be located in the premises to be searched at the time it was searched. So it couldn't be, "We thought the stuff was there a year ago, but not now." It would have to be probable cause to believe that evidence of a crime exists in that location at that time. And that means that the Department of Justice, probably at the highest levels, probably all the way up to the attorney general, agreed that this was a step that was not only legally supportable, but also important to take.”

Obama's National Security Chief?

Where was she when Hillary was Initiating the failed Russian Collusion coup attempt and Barry and his treasonous criminal agencies were trying to carry it out?

Where was she when Hillary was taking TS/SCI material, sending and receiving classified, and illegally smashing classified systems with hammers?

Where was she when Hilary was collaborating with Russians to get fake Dossier dirt on Trump?

Seems she sucked at her job.

Where was she when Hillary was Initiating the failed Russian Collusion coup attempt and Barry and his treasonous criminal agencies were trying to carry it out?

Where was she when Hillary was taking TS/SCI material, sending and receiving classified, and illegally smashing classified systems with hammers?

Where was she when Hilary was collaborating with Russians to get fake Dossier dirt on Trump?

6frp0e0ecci91.jpg

Plenty of Republican dick suckers could have went after Hillary but they didn’t. Why is that? Trump had his own DOJ head and his own FBI chief after firing Comey. Why didn’t they go after Hillary? Can you even answer this question?

Plenty of Republican dick suckers could have went after Hillary but they didn’t. Why is that? Trump had his own DOJ head and his own FBI chief after firing Comey. Why didn’t they go after Hillary? Can you even answer this question?

Yeah, I can. Hillary was protected by the same criminals who participated in the failed Hillary / Obama administration coup attempt.

Yeah, I can. Hillary was protected by the same criminals who participated in the failed Hillary / Obama administration coup attempt.
Lol oh really? And who were they? Why couldn’t the figureheads I mentioned get through them?

Forum List

Back