Former Bush Aides Slam Perry’s Bernanke Comments: ‘Inappropriate And Unpresidential,’

When did the Fed start printing money?
1913...Under the foolhardy guidance of progressive avatar Woodrow Wilson.

No, that is when the Fed was created. When did the Fed start printing money?

1914: $1 Federal Reserve Bank Note
At the time this was issued, a "note" was well understood to be a promise of payment. Accordingly, this is prominently labelled as a "Federal Reserve Bank Note".

And what is this Note redeemable in? Here's what it says: "Secured By United States Certificates Of Indebtedness Or One-Year Gold Notes, Deposited With The Treasurer Of The United States Of America". The Note was directly redeemable in Treasury debt, but it was not directly redeemable in Gold.
A History of Paper Money - Using US Money From 1913 To Date

At the time this was issued, a "note" was well understood to be a promise of payment. Accordingly, this is prominently labelled as a "Federal Reserve Bank Note".

And what is this Note redeemable in? Here's what it says: "Secured By United States Certificates Of Indebtedness Or One-Year Gold Notes, Deposited With The Treasurer Of The United States Of America". The Note was directly redeemable in Treasury debt, but it was not directly redeemable in Gold.

The Fed did not print those notes, they issued them.

Again, when did the Fed start printing money? The last time I checked the Department of Treasury, specifically the Bureau of Engraving and Printing, was responsible for printing money.

When did this stop? When did the Fed assume these responsibilities?

Perry won't make it, the question is who will wind up the republican nominee?
Ron Paul as the nominee will guarantee an Obama win.

Romney? At this point in time that is how I would call it.
Will the GOP fall back on "it's Romney's turn", like they did with McCain and several others?

Becuase that always works out well... McCain. Bob Dole....

angrybobdole.jpg

"Bob Dole doesn't like that!"

Again, when did the Fed start printing money? The last time I checked the Department of Treasury, specifically the Bureau of Engraving and Printing, was responsible for printing money.

A distinction without a difference.

The fence is as legally responsible as the burglar.

about the time you turned into a nitpicking asshole, so i'd say forever, mintbreath.

buy a clue, fuckwit

Gosh, you need a douche to take out that sand in your vagina.

Asking a simple question on when the Fed usurped printing powers from the U.S. Treasury is not nitpicking. Its amazing that people do not know the difference between the U.S. Treasury and the Fed, but then again many people do not know the difference between debt and deficit.

If this is how he's going to act on the campaign trail, he ain't getting elected President.

That would be true. But I prefer an in your face guy to counter the absolute BS we have now.

Play nice............Be civil...................... you terrorists.

Obama doesn't act Presidential either at times.

Even when Obama does act Presidential, Which is rare. He still does not act like a leader. It appears from now till the Election we no longer have a President, We have a campaigner and Chief.

Oh, please. The fact is, most of the money that exists doesn't exist in the form of hard currency. It exists as credits in bank accounts.

You want to use a nitpick on a term (which is figuratively accurate if not literally accurate) to dodge the point, that the Fed's policies are causing inflation by devaluing the dollar, and that is what Gov. Perry was getting at.

Again, it seems like this truth is too scary for you, so you want to focus on whether Perry was mean or if you are using the right word or not.

about the time you turned into a nitpicking asshole, so i'd say forever, mintbreath.

buy a clue, fuckwit

Asking a simple question on when the Fed usurped printing powers from the U.S. Treasury is not nitpicking. Its amazing that people do not know the difference between the U.S. Treasury and the Fed, but then again many people do not know the difference between debt and deficit.

was my previous post illegible for some reason, fuckroast?

Oh, please. The fact is, most of the money that exists doesn't exist in the form of hard currency. It exists as credits in bank accounts.

You want to use a nitpick on a term (which is figuratively accurate if not literally accurate) to dodge the point, that the Fed's policies are causing inflation by devaluing the dollar, and that is what Gov. Perry was getting at.

Again, it seems like this truth is too scary for you, so you want to focus on whether Perry was mean or if you are using the right word or not.

I know all about M1, M2, and M3 and realize that currency in circulation is only a small percentage of the money supply. What is the point of your digression?

Additionally, I never deflected from the Fed's inflationary policies which I am not a fan of. How you think I deflected for asking you a simple question is beyond me.

Why do you lie, distort, and twist my simple question? The truth is not scary for me. In fact, I have been studying and reading about the Fed and monetary policy for years.

However, it seems that you incapable of understanding that the U.S. Department of Treasury is the agency that prints the money. That is all I was asking, yet I get this tangent full of diarrhea.

If you want to discuss monetary policy, then I will be more than happy. However, I suggest that you take a different approach.

buy a clue, fuckwit

Yep, that is half the trouble. It seems most Americans do not know the difference on Either Point.

Hell I remember when the Stimulus was going on. I over heard some College kids talking at a restaurant. One of them was talking about how they were doing a paper about how instead of the Stimulus they could give each and every American 250,000 Dollars. Not one of the so called Educated kids at the Table even corrected her on her Math. Which of course was very flawed because even at 1 Trillion Dollars you could only give 250,000 Dollars to about 1.25% of All Americans. If you divided it up evenly everyone would have got about 3300 Bucks.

How can you expect Voters to make good Decisions, when they do not even understand the Basics of the issue, What Deficit and Debt are, How the Fed Works, Or even how much Money were really talking about.

Last edited:
Former aides to President George W. Bush are suggesting Texas Gov. Rick Perry is not presidential material in the wake of his comments yesterday that Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke may be guilty of “treason” and would be treated “pretty ugly down in Texas.”
Former Bush Deputy Press Secretary Tony Fratto spoke out against Perry’s comments just moments after ThinkProgress first reported them, writing on Twitter that the they were “inappropriate and unpresidential.”
This morning, Nicolle Wallace, who served as White House Communications Director in Bush’s second term, said on MSNBC’s Morning Joe that “someone who wants to be the next president probably shouldn’t use these words” and agreed that Republicans should “lay off of some of this some personal stuff and keep it ideological.” “Not only is it going to maybe turn off some people in the middle, but these aren’t fights that are going to serve Perry well politically,” she added.
Key Bush aide Karl Rove appeared on Fox News later in the morning, where he called Perry’s comments “very unfortunate” and not “presidential“:
It’s his first time on the national stage, and it was a very unfortunate comment. You don’t accuse the chairman of the federal reserve of being a traitor to his country and being guilty of treason and suggesting that we treat him pretty ugly in Texas — that’s not, again, a presidential statement. [...] Governor Perry is going to have to fight the impression that he’s a cowboy from Texas, this simply added to it.
Former Bush Aides Slam Perry’s Bernanke Comments: ‘Inappropriate And Unpresidential,’ Too ‘Cowboy’ | ThinkProgress

The video of Morning Joe can be found here Morning Joe

The video of Karl Rove calling Perry not 'presidential' can be found here. Karl Rove Calls Rick Perry's Bernanke Comments 'Unpresidential' - Politics - The Atlantic Wire

rick parry is an extremist loon.

karl rove has the same 'credibility' he has always had and wants what he has always wanted.... to put and keep repubs into office. his candidate is the 'party' choice -- mitt. you'll hear a lot from him between now and the election going after the other candidates.

the only differences is that in this particular case, he happens to be correct.

Didn't Rick Perry say the "Gulf Oil Spill" might be an "Act of God"?

Its so early on this is not even going to matter. How about the crazy shit Obama has said in the past 3 years. I bet Perry can go toe to toe with OBUMMER

Forum List

Back