Forgot to say Happy National Corvette Day

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
So, since it's technically July 1st now, Happy belated National Corvette day.

In 2008, the American House of Representatives announced that June 30 would be commemorated as National Corvette Day….

Last edited:

In 2008, the American House of Representatives announced that June 30 would be commemorated as National Corvette Day….

I remember when the sinkhole open under the corvette museum in an area of Ky riddle with cave systems and underground streams. I thought it was a national tragedy, though I have never owned one.
Happy National Corvette Day, dude.:D

the best part about July 1st is that pride month is over
There was a pride month? How bout that. But, hey. Corvettes are cool, an American Icon. That's something to be proud of.

I remember when the sinkhole open under the corvette museum in an area of Ky riddle with cave systems and underground streams. I thought it was a national tragedy, though I have never owned one.
Happy National Corvette Day, dude.:D
I was here when it happened. I have a C5 Corvette. Live 70 miles from the museum. They got a cool hatchway on the floor people can lay on and look down the sinkhole.

Happy happy Corvette Bro. Crap, probably was a cool meet at the Museum!

Post you car man, people wanna see.
ZTyI5LM.jpg

Happy happy Corvette Bro. Crap, probably was a cool meet at the Museum!

Post you car man, people wanna see.
ZTyI5LM.jpg
I've told you before that I've always liked your C5, especially with the hard top versus the stock one. It's nice.

I doubt anyone is gonna get too excited over my crappy old C4, but I'll post a couple I have in my temp folder. Really want a C3, though. Probably gonna pick one of those up at some point. They're my favorite.

3_0580e6d9c5f26ebf7e05ff0437527e.jpg

Clarity Filter.jpg

Last edited:
I was here when it happened. I have a C5 Corvette. Live 70 miles from the museum. They got a cool hatchway on the floor people can lay on and look down the sinkhole.

I'm pretty sure they have a pile of the ones that got destroyed in that sinkhole on display down there, too. I think somebody posted pictures of that over on the vette forum.

I actually sold the C5 a couple of months ago. Looking for the right C6 Z06 to replace it with!!!

I do still have the C4. View attachment 667133

Really. I remember you were talking about selling it, didn't know you had, though.

I've came close to biting the bullet on a C6 ZR-1 a couple of times, before kicking some sense into myself. Lotta HP, for sure. Scary...

sddefault.jpg

Really. I remember you were talking about selling it, didn't know you had, though.

I've came close to biting the bullet on a C6 ZR-1 a couple of times, before kicking some sense into myself. Lotta HP, for sure. Scary...

sddefault.jpg
No way I could afford a ZR1 at current prices. Probably gonna wait a couple of years at this point before I get my next one. This economy is a little scary.

No way I could afford a ZR1 at current prices. Probably gonna wait a couple of years at this point before I get my next one. This economy is a little scary.

Yeah. Know what you mean. It's a mess, for sure.

I've told you before that I've always liked your C5, especially with the hard top versus the stock one. It's nice.

I doubt anyone is gonna get too excited over my crappy old C4, but I'll post a couple I have in my temp folder. Really want a C3, though. Probably gonna pick one of those up at some point. They're my favorite.

View attachment 667102

View attachment 667104
I like that C4, that's a fine ride. I did have a C3 a short while. Very nice, very different!

I'm pretty sure they have a pile of the ones that got destroyed in that sinkhole on display down there, too. I think somebody posted pictures of that over on the vette forum.
Yes, there are several in a display section been destroyed. Think one restored. Got that white one that was like the millionth or maybe it was the year they skipped cept for that one. Lot's of very nice donation and on loan cars. I believe I posted pics of that and the National Motorsports track. That's cool. Got lots of laps on it.

The pile....

NCMSkydome_41700-68fde98d5056b36_68fdea49-5056-b365-abec75f165a19c80.jpg

The pit.

1392253216000-XXX-Corvette-aftermath-01.jpg

Yes folks we have our own Corvette parking. Spaces are huge, wide and long, close to the museum.
1752_Museum1_9104d8d6-5056-a348-3a2a6995d459c98a_de6e87fb6cf51aac24f471a488a0d1c5.jpg

Yeah, it was the white 83.

19_corvette_museum-153-header.jpg

It's a very cool museum. Lot's of dioramas like gas/mechanic stations with a couple C1 etc. Well worth a visit.

Forum List

Back