Forget What You're Being Told. Here's the Real Reason for California's Trucker Shortage.

Sign the loan papers, or you can't buy the car. That's your choice.
Pretty sure people aren’t fired for not taking a loan.

That is, unless they’re in the trucking industry. Imagine being told you have to go into six figure debt to your employer to keep your job.

Upgrading infrastructure should include mass storage and mass transit.
About that storage mess….you’re not talking about Amazon buying up all the malls that are going out of business to have their storage, right? I read that was some type of plan they had in the works because their warehouses are overflowing and they want more warehouses. If we leave Amazon’s storage problem out of it, I agree!

The left ruins everything it touches. They have wrecked the Golden State. And they are infecting the rest of America.

There are multiple causes, including union rules preventing extra shifts or longer hours to get the ships unloaded, a lack of rail capacity for the extra goods, and not enough truckers to haul everything away.
What if I told you the trucker shortage isn’t just what you’ve been told?
What if I told you that in California, the trucker shortage is a self-inflicted wound?
What if I told you the wound was inflicted by Democrats?
You can’t find your shocked face, can you?
Long term, this nation does have a trucker problem. The average age for truckers is 55, and the industry is having a hard time attracting new workers.
Redwood Logistics explains:

Over the next 10-15 years, a lot of truckers are going to retire, and there aren’t enough replacements in the pipeline.
The immediate problem, the one in Los Angeles, has been caused by the state’s vindictively regulatory state government.
We’ll get to the trucker shortage in just a moment, but California also faces a shortage of trucks for them to drive.
Twitter user Jerry Oakley reminds us that “Carriers domiciled in California with trucks older than 2011 model, or using engines manufactured before 2010, will need to meet the Board’s new Truck and Bus Regulation beginning in 2020.” Otherwise, “Their vehicles will be blocked from registration with the state’s DMV,” according to California law.
“The requirement is to purchase electric trucks which do not exist.”
As a result, trucks aren’t being purchased to replace the ones being regulated out of business.
But even if there were plenty of trucks in California, there wouldn’t be enough truckers to drive them — and it isn’t because the truckers are too old.

...​

Commie's forget that if an item is on your table or in your house, a trucker shipped it!!

Pretty sure people aren’t fired for not taking a loan.

That is, unless they’re in the trucking industry. Imagine being told you have to go into six figure debt to your employer to keep your job.
Bullshit

ou are conflating company drivers with owner operators. OTR drivers come in both company AND owner operators..

Distinctions without a difference, with the added onus of O/O's being in worse shape re dealing with crappy management. All they're doing is footing the company's expenses for them.

In other news, it's probably impossible to find out how many CDL's these schools crank out every year, may of them paid for by Federal and State job training money for unemployment programs versus how may jobs there actually are and what the average length of time is these drivers stay at the job before figuring out it's a scam and a rip off. The turnover is massive, around 90%. In construction it's about 22% for comparison. Fuck these companies; the government should not be in the business of paying to train drivers for these companies and feeding that kind of churning.

Last edited:
The left ruins everything it touches. They have wrecked the Golden State. And they are infecting the rest of America.

There are multiple causes, including union rules preventing extra shifts or longer hours to get the ships unloaded, a lack of rail capacity for the extra goods, and not enough truckers to haul everything away.
What if I told you the trucker shortage isn’t just what you’ve been told?
What if I told you that in California, the trucker shortage is a self-inflicted wound?
What if I told you the wound was inflicted by Democrats?
You can’t find your shocked face, can you?
Long term, this nation does have a trucker problem. The average age for truckers is 55, and the industry is having a hard time attracting new workers.
Redwood Logistics explains:

Over the next 10-15 years, a lot of truckers are going to retire, and there aren’t enough replacements in the pipeline.
The immediate problem, the one in Los Angeles, has been caused by the state’s vindictively regulatory state government.
We’ll get to the trucker shortage in just a moment, but California also faces a shortage of trucks for them to drive.
Twitter user Jerry Oakley reminds us that “Carriers domiciled in California with trucks older than 2011 model, or using engines manufactured before 2010, will need to meet the Board’s new Truck and Bus Regulation beginning in 2020.” Otherwise, “Their vehicles will be blocked from registration with the state’s DMV,” according to California law.
“The requirement is to purchase electric trucks which do not exist.”
As a result, trucks aren’t being purchased to replace the ones being regulated out of business.
But even if there were plenty of trucks in California, there wouldn’t be enough truckers to drive them — and it isn’t because the truckers are too old.

...​

Government caused problems always need highly educated adult progressive government solutions

The wheels on the bus go round and round
Round and round
Round and round

Forum List

Back