Foreign raiders are targeting Canada's tech, but Ottawa thinks it has an answer

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Creepy Canada has their panties in a knot because Silicon Valley just outright bought out a strong Montreal A.I company instead of just taking our best talent as they normally do.

The short answer is Canada doesn't have an answer, because our centralized system that is designed to crush civil liberties and fund massive creepy covert police activities. It's a system designed to fail in high tech, innovation and creativity. Perfect for failure in a globally competitive world.

Expect us to continue to lose our best, and those that do succeed while simply be purchased. Maybe its for the better, as Canada doesn't know what to do with talent. We overfund research areas but have no idea on how to implement and actually compete and win.

Go ahead and innovate, let the covert police control and manage it. Pretend talented, ambitious people aren't hired because "they aren't the right fit" and other B.S to ensure control. Eventually the Big Dogs will come in from other nations and move your candy-asses aside and do something with it, and often with our best talent. A lazy covert kakistocracy always loses to the free market.

Sad to see my country and it's impending collapse. Not surprised at all though. I'm one of it's many victims to the predators.

Canada’s industry minister is preparing for raids on some of Canada’s most promising digital and research-oriented companies in 2021.

“I had a lengthy conversation with (Finance Minister) Chrystia Freeland about this,” Navdeep Bains said in a year-end interview. “There’s a lot of economic activity out there. There’s a lot of Canadian tech companies we’ve built over the past number of years. We’ve got to protect those Canadian companies to the extent that they can stay in Canada and scale here in Canada.”

That will please business leaders such as Jim Balsillie, the former co-CEO of the company that created the BlackBerry smartphone, who insists Canada should be more aggressive in protecting homegrown technology stars, lest we repeat a history that includes the development of many automobile factories, but no actual automobile makers.

You have my sympathy

it really hurts to watch the decline of your bomeland that I can tell you have deep love for

the same is going on in America and its maddening

Forum List

Back