Ford's profits surge

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Ford on Tuesday reported a huge turnaround to a profit in the first quarter, thanks to strong sales of new products around the world.

Ford Motor Co (F, Fortune 500)., the iconic auto and truck maker based in Dearborn, Mich., said that net profit totaled $2.1 billion in the first quarter, with earnings of 50 cents per share, beating analyst forecasts.

Ford reports jump in first quarter profits - Apr. 27, 2010

I will never own a GM product. They are crap as well as being sellouts to the government.

Yeah I wish the other auto corporations had run their companies as well as ford did.

Not all corporations are equally good.

Not all are honest either.

Good job by Ford

Great to see a major US manufacturer doing well

Good for them. Glad to see there are some out there that don't need or want the Govt to help them run their business for them.

Good going Ford.

What Ford has done in about the past 3-4 years - maybe it's been longer as I tend to lose track of time - should make for great analysis in business schools for a long time. Compared with GM and Chrysler they took some huge, albeit very calculated and well thought out, risks about 180 degrees opposite of how their competition addressed similar problems and it has paid off handsomely for them and will continue to do so in the future.

Kudos to Ford management!

Not entirely surprised here. GM is a mess and Toyota has had all those recall issues. Id be surprised if Ford wasnt doing better for the Quarter.

Not entirely surprised here. GM is a mess and Toyota has had all those recall issues. Id be surprised if Ford wasnt doing better for the Quarter.

Ford is actually building some pretty good cars.

What a concept!

Yeah I wish the other auto corporations had run their companies as well as ford did.

Not all corporations are equally good.

Not all are honest either.

I've got a great idea! Let's bail-out corporations that run their businesses poorly so that better companies can't get ahead. Awesome idea!

Forum List

Back