Ford Vs. Ferrari

Syriusly

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2014
Great film. I had heard of Shelby but I didn't know this story. Great cars, great action. One of my absolute favorite films so far in 2019.

You had heard of Shelby but had never heard this story... wow...

I first heard of Shelby because of this story.

I look forward to seeing the film, but first I will be reading the book Go Like Hell which tells the full story...

https://www.amazon.com/Go-Like-Hell-Ferrari-Battle/dp/0547336055&tag=ff0d01-20

I'm sure there are other books on the subject, but from what I hear this one is the best of the bunch...

An eccentric mechanic being the master of the building of the Ford GT 40. I never knew the story and names involved, neither the Ford company cars racing the Ferrari.

Watching this movie I was spilling my popcorn to my legs and floor every time the GT-40 made a hard turn while testing it. I was wishing to be there at least as the car wash guy. The foreign accent of Christian Bale didn't convinced me much, so I better concentrated in the improvising style of Ken Miles to calibrate the racing car to obtain its best.

I still thinking that the GT 40 rpm in idle was a little high, I was tempted to enter into the screen with my flat screwdriver and turn the air entrance a little low. Also I should use 65R-15 tires rather than the 60-15 they used in the car... ha ha ha ha... I know no mechanics, barely I fix mine as an amateur.

The race film shots are much better than Le Mans with Steve Mcqueen. Both movies with cars form the 60s and 70s. Le Mans confrontation was between Ferrari and Porsche.

If the story is true, then that guy should stay broke without his shop but alive. He didn't receive fame because his winning was stolen (perhaps no, when he gave a special look to Enzo Ferrari), by the Ford executives who tricked him. With the salary received he should have kept his car mechanic shop and improved it, and take his family to vacations going to Australia.

The flavor of the movie is thanks to that seasoning called "competence". Any movie of this kind is always attractive, in dancing, games, racing...

I noticed a kind of forced acting by all of them in general, still the script and scenes cover it so well that the given attention had no opportunity to distract itself, my eyes were on the screen all the time.

I can watch this movie again some day, but I will prepare myself for the new occasion, I promise I will put on my seat belt next time.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back