Ford Says Strong Sales Lead To $2.1B 1Q Profit

R

rdean

In a sign of its confidence in the economic recovery, Ford said it's boosting North American production in the second quarter to 625,000 vehicles, a 9 percent increase over first-quarter levels. The increase could mean additional hiring by Ford, but Chief Financial Officer Lewis Booth said Tuesday it's too early to say if the company will be adding workers.

Ford Says Strong Sales Lead To $2.1B 1Q Profit

DETROIT (AP) -- General Motors Co. will invest $890 million at five factories to make its V-8 engines more fuel efficient, preserving or creating roughly 1,600 jobs.

GM said in a statement that it has invested more than $2.3 billion at 22 U.S. and Canadian factories since it emerged from bankruptcy protection last July, restoring or creating more than 9,100 jobs.

GM To Invest $890M In Plants, Keeping 1,600 Jobs

Let's hope the news keeps getting better.

Selling off Volvo and such did not hurt the bottom line either ;)

It is very hard to seperate hype from truth in businesses right now.
None want to appear weak.

I don't rule out much of these profits being via the financial arm of Ford, having positions in this almost doubling of the stock market in a little over 1 year.

I don't rule out much of these profits being via the financial arm of Ford, having positions in this almost doubling of the stock market in a little over 1 year.

As I said, but they are hyping the auto arm.

I don't doubt it.

I don't see where people magically got all this money to spend on new vehicles in the past year, or the credit for that matter.

Forum List

Back