Ford Focus - Good Reliable First Car (craiglist ad)

RadiomanATL

Jun 13, 2009
Not here
Too funny

2002 Focus – good reliable first car

Looking for a first car for a teen? This car is absolutely brilliant. It’s got low mileage (68k), has been super reliable, and is excellent on gas. Since you’re likely paying for the gas, this will make things much cheaper on you. I average like 37MPG to a tank. And with such low mileage, it’ll work great for a long long time.

But you wanna know the best reason to buy this car for your kid?

It’s slow as shit. You don’t have to worry about speeding tickets or accidents in this baby. Your kid could have a 1 mile run and hit a brick wall not wearing a seatbelt and not be going fast enough to do shit. And there won’t be any sense in him getting some shitty ass fart can off of eBay – this car has the super slow SPI engine, no sense in trying to make it any faster. It’s a 4-door, so your kid won’t try to put gay ass Lambo doors on it. It is still possible to fit this with a body kit, but if you’d like, for an extra $200, I can stab him in the face if he does this.

...more at link.

how funny.....looking like a faggot in a ford focus...

da man wants to know why it has a new clutch if it hasnt been ran hard....

come on ...say it with me.....douche BAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Every time I drive the desert drive from vegas to cali I have to watch myself because it is so easy to look down and be over 90 and feel like Im just cruzin.

I Love these cars.

They are cheap to buy and have great repair and safety records.

Both of mine are 2007s, After 2007 they changed the engine and are not as peppy.

They handle great too.

I am with mr Strolling, why does he have a new clutch,new battery, new speakers with only 68k Miles on it? I think current owner rides it harder than he is telling

I am with mr Strolling, why does he have a new clutch,new battery, new speakers with only 68k Miles on it? I think current owner rides it harder than he is telling

The only thing that would be worrisome is the new clutch. It's a 2002 model, so it's way past time for a new battery. And new speakers are likely an upgrade he put in, considering he also upgraded the head unit.

Every time I drive the desert drive from vegas to cali I have to watch myself because it is so easy to look down and be over 90 and feel like Im just cruzin.

I Love these cars.

Both of mine are 2007s, After 2007 they changed the engine and are not as peppy.

They handle great too.

90? Ohhhh, you risk taker.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I own two of them and they are anything but slow.

Yup, have a 2000. Good gas mileage with standard, and got it cause it was a good price of me and heard it was a good, reliable car for that price. And you can go as fast as any normal car I've ever driven.

I Love these cars.

They handle great too.

90? Ohhhh, you risk taker.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Eh, speed is relative. In my beloved old pickup truck, the top speed is around 65 (it's geared for hauling, not speed) So 90 would feel like I'm flying in it.

If I owned a corvette, 90 would seem like I was sitting still. 90 in a Focus seems to be pretty peppy for what kind of car it is.

I once drove from Atlanta to Cali. Was in a Dodge 2500 hemi four-door truck, hauling a 20ft enclosed trailer that was about 4,000lbs overloaded. We were hauling staging equipment to do a car show in Cali.

Coming down out of the New Mexico and Arizona elevations, no one on the road but me and my crew, straight road. I look down and I was doing 120 without even realizing it. I don't think I've been as...well, frightened is the wrong word, but lets say "concerned" driving a vehicle as I was then. All senses came alive and I don't think I've been so focused on driving at any other point in my life. Every time I tapped the brakes gently, the speed wanted to creep back up due to the downward slope. Wound up every two-three seconds gently pumping the brakes to bring it down to a more reasonable speed. Took about 5-7 miles I think.

Too funny

2002 Focus – good reliable first car

Looking for a first car for a teen? This car is absolutely brilliant. It’s got low mileage (68k), has been super reliable, and is excellent on gas. Since you’re likely paying for the gas, this will make things much cheaper on you. I average like 37MPG to a tank. And with such low mileage, it’ll work great for a long long time.

But you wanna know the best reason to buy this car for your kid?

It’s slow as shit. You don’t have to worry about speeding tickets or accidents in this baby. Your kid could have a 1 mile run and hit a brick wall not wearing a seatbelt and not be going fast enough to do shit. And there won’t be any sense in him getting some shitty ass fart can off of eBay – this car has the super slow SPI engine, no sense in trying to make it any faster. It’s a 4-door, so your kid won’t try to put gay ass Lambo doors on it. It is still possible to fit this with a body kit, but if you’d like, for an extra $200, I can stab him in the face if he does this.

...more at link.

I got a Focus when gas was $4 a gallon. My lease was up and I was driving an hour to work every day. Let me say, the Focus is a bad ass little car. And they are making them look better and better every year.

But I just bought a 2010 Ford Fusion. Its bad ass. And I have Serrius Satalite and HOWARD STERN for 6 months free. I probably won't pay when its up, but man do I enjoy having Howard back. If I still drove 1 hour a day, I might, but I only drive 20 minutes to work now.

But nothing wrong with the Focus. Too small for some but not a bad little car. I'd give it a B for small cars.

The Focus is a Rally car in Europe. Not sure exactly what that means, but drive one and see how zippy and responsive it is. Its fun to drive. And its not like its a mini car, plus 30 mpg.

From my experience, Ford Focus sucks ass. My ex bought Ford Focus 2002 and it was slow as fuck and after two years it started literally falling apart (before it hit 100K), I bought around the same time a 2000 Honda Civic and didn't have a single problem with it, plus it had a much better acceleration than Ford Fuckus ... I'd never buy such a piece of shit.

From my experience, Ford Focus sucks ass. My ex bought Ford Focus 2002 and it was slow as fuck and after two years it started literally falling apart (before it hit 100K), I bought around the same time a 2000 Honda Civic and didn't have a single problem with it, plus it had a much better acceleration than Ford Fuckus ... I'd never buy such a piece of shit.

Yea, they weren't very good back then. But back then Honda's had breaks. You should take another look at Ford cars the next time you look to buy.

PS, why so anti American? I guess poor Americans can't help but shop at Walmart and buy cheap foreign cars.

The Focus is a Rally car in Europe. Not sure exactly what that means, but drive one and see how zippy and responsive it is. Its fun to drive. And its not like its a mini car, plus 30 mpg.

Well,I have a sedan, four doors, and that really isn't all that small. ANd surprisingly their is decent trunk space

Driving standard gives you more power than an automatic. I'd imagine an automatic in the older models would be really shitty at accelerating, considering the last car I had was 6 cylinder.

I bought mine used (108K miles), and one things I never did in the test drive is go into 5th gear, and first time on the highway I realize it doesn't go into fifth gear, which I"m assuming is the start of the clutch going. But I take bus to work so don't have to use it much, and rarely go on highway where I need fifth gear.

I HAD one (2001) and I was not impressed. It was just a commuter car. It died when I had a headon with a Suburban. Not good. Although it looked like a crushed beer can, I had minimal injuries; so that's a plus.

New Topics

Forum List

Back