FORD EDGE OWNERS!!!! Road Trip...

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
On April 1 I'm heading out on a five week road trip.

By the end of the year I want to drive the four longest roads in America. The first leg, I-90 from Boston to Seattle, is actually the third longest road in the country. The second leg, from Newport, Oregon to Boston on US-20, is the longest road in the country.

I'm not driving my car. I'm going to rent and put the miles on someone else's car. My daughter may be joining me in Seattle, so I'm thinking Ford Explorer. It's be nice and roomy, with plenty of space for suitcases, three Pelican cases full of camera gear, stuff we buy along the way. But if she doesn't join me (that's a possibility) I was considering the Ford Edge.

I drove my 1999 Ford Explorer from Portland, Oregon to Poyntelle, Pennsylvania eight years ago. I took 25 days to make the trip, and was comfortable the whole way.

To anyone who owns a Ford Edge: Strictly from a "physical comfort" perspective, would you take your Ford Edge on a five week road trip?

By the end of the year I want to drive the four longest roads in America. The first leg, I-90 from Boston to Seattle, is actually the third longest road in the country. The second leg, from Newport, Oregon to Boston on US-20, is the longest road in the country.

I'm not driving my car. I'm going to rent and put the miles on someone else's car. My daughter may be joining me in Seattle, so I'm thinking Ford Explorer. It's be nice and roomy, with plenty of space for suitcases, three Pelican cases full of camera gear, stuff we buy along the way. But if she doesn't join me (that's a possibility) I was considering the Ford Edge.

I drove my 1999 Ford Explorer from Portland, Oregon to Poyntelle, Pennsylvania eight years ago. I took 25 days to make the trip, and was comfortable the whole way.

To anyone who owns a Ford Edge: Strictly from a "physical comfort" perspective, would you take your Ford Edge on a five week road trip?
My co workers wife just got one. She LOVES it and she is old and whiny, so you should be good lol

I have owned two Explorers, 1996 and 2018. I have also owned two Edges, both 2013-one SEL and one Limited. I think you will find either enjoyable. The Edge is slightly smaller and does not hold up to rough roads as well as the Explorer. However it gets a mile or two per gallon better gas mileage. I think my Explorer hits between 19-20 and the Edge gets between 21 and 22. All four of my vehicles were V-6's. For paved roads and mileage, I would choose the Edge but if interior size is your issue you'll have a great trip with an Explorer.

My son has a Ford Edge and loves it. It’s roomy comfortable and quite. A Ford Flex would give you more room.

My son has a Ford Edge and loves it. It’s roomy comfortable and quite. A Ford Flex would give you more room.

I'd love to rent a Flex, but none of the rental companies around here have them. They stopped production of them in 2019. Those that were in rental fleets have probably long since gone to auction...

Forum List

Back