Ford already has 20,000 reservations for new electric F-150 Lightning pickup

What we are saying is there is no waiting if the batteries in the vending machine are already charged up. You drop off your spent one in exchange. Thus, current EV/car batteries must be standardized for this to work. Even part of a battery (as a module) is a start toward this goal.

#219: Cobalt is decreasing for use in batteries, whereas Ni and Mn are increasing. Lithium is still critical for developments in recycling technology. China should not be allowed to corner the market on this recycling tech.

Was storming our nations capitol building rational or emotional? Was creating a gallows to hang Mike Pence rational or emotional? You tell me.
You have me there

It was pretty emotional at times

Do you defend the black lies matter riots?

I think conservatives are more likely to hold the rioters on 6-1 accountable than for libs to own up to what your side has been doing for over a year

If conservatives are more likely to hold rioters accountable then why do I see conservatives consistently defending and making up silly excuses for the capitol rioters? I even see a great deal of republican politicians doing it. Conservatives are a bunch of whiny bitches.

I don't defend BLM, but I support police reform, and I can understand why black ppl are upset that there appears to be no accountability whenever an unarmed black person is shot and killed. Anyone caught destroying property or assaulting anyone should immediately be arrested and thrown in jail. I'm not busy on here defending ppl who assault 140 capitol police officers to break into the capitol building and call them tourists.

If conservatives are more likely to hold rioters accountable then why do I see conservatives consistently defending and making up silly excuses for the capitol rioters?
The rioters were wrong to act the way they did

And so are the weekly and sometimes daily riots by ANTIFA and Black Lies Matter that we have wittnessed for the past 15 months

But I have NEVER seen any lib admit that

The battery pack on that stupid truck weights almost a ton and without a load it can hardly go 200 miles on a charge so only an idiot would buy one.

Ford has no worries. All these stupid Democrats in charge of the big city shitholes, Communist states and the Federal government will buy fleets of them with taxpayer's money. It will be a terrible purchase but doing stupid purchases have never stopped Democrats has it?

Please post links to where it says it can hardly go 200 miles on a charge.
Ford claims 250 miles on one charge. Of course that is empty, one passenger, not pulling anything and in warm weather on level roads. Once you start loading the truck up (like people tend to do with trucks) or start pulling things or taking it out in cold weather then that range is going to drop considerably.

No, nowhere does it say that. First it was 200, now it's 250. Which is it? lol. Ford has claimed neither. The range is 300 miles and yes, that's probably at under 70 miles per hour and with one passenger, and yes, in cold weather you will see a drop in ev range, but why pretend the same doesn't happen to ICE cars?

The battery pack on that stupid truck weights almost a ton and without a load it can hardly go 200 miles on a charge so only an idiot would buy one.

Ford has no worries. All these stupid Democrats in charge of the big city shitholes, Communist states and the Federal government will buy fleets of them with taxpayer's money. It will be a terrible purchase but doing stupid purchases have never stopped Democrats has it?

Please post links to where it says it can hardly go 200 miles on a charge.
Ford claims 250 miles on one charge. Of course that is empty, one passenger, not pulling anything and in warm weather on level roads. Once you start loading the truck up (like people tend to do with trucks) or start pulling things or taking it out in cold weather then that range is going to drop considerably.

No, nowhere does it say that. First it was 200, now it's 250. Which is it? lol. Ford has claimed neither. The range is 300 miles and yes, that's probably at under 70 miles per hour and with one passenger, and yes, in cold weather you will see a drop in ev range, but why pretend the same doesn't happen to ICE cars?

First of all if that was the range for the Faggotmobile they would have said it was carrying a 1600 lb load.

250 is Ford's marketing. Most EV get less than the advertised numbers that when you add in AC or heat or additional passengers or a cold battery or a load in the back of a Faggotmobile. I suspect that it will be sub 200 for most trips.

These batteries really ain't worth shit. they may be a Moon Bat's wet dream but the technology will never work for most Americans.

I would buy one if they were reliable and durable. I love my 40 volt weed eater. However, most people would not be able to afford the truck though. IMO, it's insane that a vehicle costs more than the house you live in and won't even last 15 years. How much does a replacement battery cost? A motor? Transmission if it has one? How far can ot go on one charge? Lol, simple minded folks never ask questions. They just do what they are told.

The nazis spew all this crap simply because it's part of the destroy the west agenda they've had going on for almost 100 years.

View attachment 491531
The Nazis used ethanol blends.

Hmmmm...... So do we....

#219: Cobalt is decreasing for use in batteries, whereas Ni and Mn are increasing. Lithium is still critical for developments in recycling technology. China should not be allowed to corner the market on this recycling tech.

~~~~~~
To Late China has already cornered the market on all known sources in the M.E, Africa and Asia Minor etc..
**********​
**********​
Meanwhile......

We Bet F-150 Lightning's Range Is under 100 Miles when Towing at the Max​

• Ford estimates that range for the 2022 F-150 Lightning electric pickup will be 230 miles for trucks with the standard battery and 300 miles on trucks with the extended-range pack.
  • The truck uses height sensors at each corner to estimate payload and adjust range predictions accordingly.
  • However, we estimate that towing anywhere near the Lightning's stated 10,000-pound maximum tow rating will lead to highway range in the double digits.
The old adage "your mileage may vary" is very apropos when discussing EVs. And the F-150 Lightning's, because of its tough-truck capabilities, will vary more than most.

Last edited:
Was storming our nations capitol building rational or emotional? Was creating a gallows to hang Mike Pence rational or emotional? You tell me.
You have me there

It was pretty emotional at times

Do you defend the black lies matter riots?

I think conservatives are more likely to hold the rioters on 6-1 accountable than for libs to own up to what your side has been doing for over a year

If conservatives are more likely to hold rioters accountable then why do I see conservatives consistently defending and making up silly excuses for the capitol rioters? I even see a great deal of republican politicians doing it. Conservatives are a bunch of whiny bitches.

I don't defend BLM, but I support police reform, and I can understand why black ppl are upset that there appears to be no accountability whenever an unarmed black person is shot and killed. Anyone caught destroying property or assaulting anyone should immediately be arrested and thrown in jail. I'm not busy on here defending ppl who assault 140 capitol police officers to break into the capitol building and call them tourists.
The excuses for Antifa and BLM make Jan. 6 look like a pimple on a 400 pound permanent prog welfare woman's azz.

Dumbass #229: China has not cornered the market on lithium recycling. If you give the battery back to the commies, you’ll regret it.

Anyone caught destroying property or assaulting anyone should immediately be arrested and thrown in jail.
Unfortunately in deep blue liberal controlled cities the lib rioters ate getting a slap on the hand when the police are even allowed to do their job

Excellent news for anyone who wants a cleaner, greener future. More carbon thingies are expended in the production of a car, including those awful electrical ones, than in the driving of them.

Really, if you want to do your bit for the planet, forget Tesla and other expensive promotions of vanity on wheels. Just carry on driving the same old banger you’ve always had. Keep it serviced and maintained and run it till it falls apart.

Posted in ATW

Looks like there is some interest in this vehicle---When the worlds most popular truck, the F-150, goes electric--it's a sign--of course, a lot of Right wing types won't buy it..since they can't blow a bunch of obnoxious smoke...LOL!

The automaker revealed the vehicle at 9:30 p.m. ET Wednesday night during an elaborate presentation at the company's world headquarters in Dearborn, Mich. The company's shares jumped by about 3% in premarket training.
The reservations are being closely watched by the company as well as investors to gauge the interest of customers in EV pickups, which is an unproven segment that automakers are rushing to enter.
Ford is taking reservations for the vehicle on its website. A refundable $100 deposit is required.

Ford is garbage !! Also it’s a huge woke company

Looks like there is some interest in this vehicle---When the worlds most popular truck, the F-150, goes electric--it's a sign--of course, a lot of Right wing types won't buy it..since they can't blow a bunch of obnoxious smoke...LOL!

The automaker revealed the vehicle at 9:30 p.m. ET Wednesday night during an elaborate presentation at the company's world headquarters in Dearborn, Mich. The company's shares jumped by about 3% in premarket training.
The reservations are being closely watched by the company as well as investors to gauge the interest of customers in EV pickups, which is an unproven segment that automakers are rushing to enter.
Ford is taking reservations for the vehicle on its website. A refundable $100 deposit is required.

RELATED QUOTES
|

Trump plans to restore his 'beautiful' Boeing 757 with Rolls-Royce engines and…

Watch Simone Biles pull off a move no woman has done in a gymnastics competition

1621680413112.png

• Ford has taken 20,000 reservations for its new electric F-150 Lightning pickup in less than 12 hours since the truck was officially unveiled.
  • The reservations are being closely watched by the company as well as investors to gauge the interest of customers in EV pickups.
  • CEO Jim Farley said the F-150 Lightning will be a test as to whether mainstream Americans truly want electric vehicles.

Play
Current Time 0:05
/
Duration 4:17
Loaded: 8.94%

Unmute

HQ
Captions
Fullscreen
Ford CEO: There have been 20,000 orders for new electric-F-150 pickup since unveiling

• a close up of a newspaper: How you can save a million bucks for retirementUSA TODAY Logo
  • a person standing in front of a buildingGOBankingRates Logo
  • a woman sitting at a table using a laptopVeuer Logo
Ford Motor has taken 20,000 reservations for its new electric F-150 Lightning pickup in less than 12 hours since the truck was officially unveiled to the public, CEO Jim Farley told CNBC.

The automaker revealed the vehicle at 9:30 p.m. ET Wednesday night during an elaborate presentation at the company's world headquarters in Dearborn, Michigan. The company's shares jumped 3.3% in Thursday morning trading.

"The response has been great," Farley said during an interview on "Squawk Box." "With 20,000 orders already, we're off to the races."

The reservations are being closely watched by the company as well as investors to gauge the interest of customers in EV pickups, which is an unproven segment that automakers are rushing to enter. They include Tesla, General Motors and several start-ups such as Rivian, Lordstown Motors and Canoo.

Ford's strong reservations for the F-150 Lightning are not unique. Two days after unveiling the Tesla Cybertruck in November 2019, CEO Elon Musk tweeted that the company had taken 146,000 reservations for the steel trapezoid-shaped pickup.

Farley said the F-150 Lightning will be a test as to whether mainstream Americans truly want electric vehicles.

Pause
Current Time 0:48
/
Duration 1:47
Loaded: 59.43%

Unmute

HQ
Captions
Fullscreen
Ford reveals its new electric F-150 Lightning pickup truck — Here are all the new features

• a close up of a newspaper: How you can save a million bucks for retirementUSA TODAY Logo
  • a person standing in front of a buildingGOBankingRates Logo
  • a woman sitting at a table using a laptopVeuer Logo
"I am looking at this vehicle as a test for adoption for electric vehicles," Farley told reporters at the vehicle's unveiling. "We should all watch very carefully how this does in the market."

The wildly popular truck series has reigned supreme for 44 years, including 39 as the best-selling vehicle overall in the U.S. The significance of the truck to Ford can't be overstated. F-Series, which includes the F-150 and large truck siblings, is the automaker's profit engine.

"Refundable" deposits mean fuck all.
Picture a pickup truck hauling around a thousand pound battery forty miles from the nearest recharge station. If you make it to the station all you will need is a credit card and the patience to wait for the twenty 'electric' vehicles to be recharged until it's your turn.
Hopefully the fossil fuel based electric generating plant is up and running to send the electricity to the recharging station five hundred miles away.
"Hi honey. I'm sorry but I won't make it to the birthday party today. I'll be home sometime tomorrow afternoon.".

The electric truck will become standard and accepted by everyone in the near future until a new technology comes along and we have to hear some folks whine about that change.

You are confused Moon Bat.

I know that electric vehicles are a Moon Bat's wet dream but they will be just as big a disappointment as these stupid wind farms that never work or solar arrays which are always a waste of money.

I wonder how many of you stupid uneducated Moon Bats even know that batteries don't create energy? All they do is inefficiently store energy that was created elsewhere. Energy created by fossil fuels or nuclear for the most part.

These stupid battery packs are only good for about 500 recharging, which is about two years worth of use in a work truck.

Then you have this little thingy about the rare earths that are used to make the stupid batteries create an environmental disaster and the elements will be depleted long before we run out of fossil fuels.
GOLD STAR WINNER for the smartest post in the month of May!
BTW the fucking Chinese are busy little beavers buying up every rare earth mineral claim on the planet.
They already literally own the entire continent of Africa.
"Get your wet Teddy bears here!".

Haha, Just how far will that truck will be able to haul an RV, or full load on one charge?

Most people do not haul an RV or have a full load. There will still be other options for those who do so the question is really moot.
Ninety five percent of new pickup truck buyers use the trucks to move or haul shit around.
"Hey honey! I've just ordered ten new electric Ford 150's! Don't worry. I can get a full refund anytime I want. I just wanted to inflate the sales figures to fuck with the REPs."
Tomorrow I'm going to try to order ten more using 'Bitcoin."

These car companies know that electric cars are shitty. Their engineers know the problems and know how it is failed technology.

However, they know how to make a profit.

They know how stupid consumers are and will buy something based upon their gut feeling rather than the economics.

They also know that government and some Moon Bat run companies are bonkers and will buy fleets of the ridiculous things. Also very stupid Moon Bat government officials will do everything possible to force people to use electric cars.

The market will be there because of Liberal idiocy.

Then there will be a lot of disappointed people that buy the stupid cars and wish later they hadn't.

We use to think that the movie "Idiocracy" was nothing more than a silly comedy. However, we are finding out it is documentary.
Picture a thousand electric ,government owned, vehicles sitting in three feet of water after a hurricane.

Ford already has 20,000 reservations for new electric F-150 Lightning pickup​

That means there will be about 4,000 dissatisfied people selling them to go back to gasoline. I'd bet most of these people buying them are not serious commercial businessmen whose business DEPENDS on their truck! Most of these people are more concerned about whether the truck has a USB charging port than they are about the spring clearance off road in rough terrain.

Now where are all the EV electric semis, tractor trailers, dump trucks, construction vehicles, airplanes and wheel loaders? :21:
Our neighbor bought a new Prius two years ago. A couple of months ago he passed away. His family contacted the local Prius dealer b/c they wanted to sell the car. The dealers said they would only pay the family 5K for the car b/c a used Prius is almost impossible to sell b/c they refuse to warranty the battery b/c no one can accurately tell how long the existing battery will last b/c the previous driver may have driven the car "too hard" causing the battery to wear out sooner.
It's virtually impossible to sell a used electric car privately for the same reason.

Haha, Just how far will that truck will be able to haul an RV, or full load on one charge?

Most people do not haul an RV or have a full load. There will still be other options for those who do so the question is really moot.
Ninety five percent of new pickup truck buyers use the trucks to move or haul shit around.
"Hey honey! I've just ordered ten new electric Ford 150's! Don't worry. I can get a full refund anytime I want. I just wanted to inflate the sales figures to fuck with the REPs."
Tomorrow I'm going to try to order ten more using 'Bitcoin."

The truck will be able to haul what most people haul.

Forum List

Back