For Your Consideration

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
Great movie that makes fun of Hollywood in such a subtle way. Cleverly written and acted througout, and on many occasions laugh out loud funny. Very enjoyable and fun movie, I would highly reccommend it!!!

Great movie that makes fun of Hollywood in such a subtle way. Cleverly written and acted througout, and on many occasions laugh out loud funny. Very enjoyable and fun movie, I would highly reccommend it!!!

I like the cast. They did a nice job with 'Best in Show'.

I like the cast. They did a nice job with 'Best in Show'.

I love the whole crew and all their movies from Spinal Tap on up. Mighty Wind was very funny as well..

Chris Guest and Eugene Levy wrote this newest one.

I actually heard this one wasn't too good, glad to hear some good reviews. I recently finally bought Spinal Tap and for a movie that could've easily been really stupid and one-note, there's some unbelievably subtle humor in there.

Best in Show was great, but waiting for guffman and amight wind weren't so great. I'll rent this though.

See, Waiting for Guffman was my favorite movie out of all of them (besides Spinal Tap, natch). I felt like it was Eugene Levy's best performance (ever since then, he's been playing a variation on Jim's Dad in every movie). I dunno, it just clicked with me more than Best in Show or Mighty Wind.

While we're on the subject of mockumentaries, I just got this in the mail today....

lollilove.jpg

It's about a bunch of self-righteous Hollywood types (James Gunn, Jenna Fischer, Jason Segel, Linda Cardellini) who craft a charity program by giving lollipops out to homeless people. Most of the reviews I've read actually compare it to Guest & Co.'s films, so I'm interested in seeing it.

Forum List

Back