For the People Act of 2021

If only, somehow, the capacity for rational thought could be required in order to participate in democratic processes. Collective decisions made by uninformed and thoughtless masses have consistently proved disastrous. This is only rivaled by decisions made for the masses by informed, sociopathic élites.

If only, somehow, the capacity for rational thought could be required in order to participate in democratic processes. Collective decisions made by uninformed and thoughtless masses have consistently proved disastrous. This is only rivaled by decisions made for the masses by informed, sociopathic élites.
Getting rid of gerrymandering and cutting off the Super PACs at the knees would be awesome.
Automatic voter registration via DMV and welfare applications would run the risk of registering noncitizens. I'm not sure voting by mail should be "enhanced" nationwide, either. It's fine for states that have the organizational capacity and wherewithal, but it should be up to them. It's a lot more complicated than just having people vote in person.

Everyone should quit pretending any of the hundreds of bills introduced in every republican state are intended for anything other than voter suppression.

Mailing ballots should be by far the exception. If voting is important, doing it in person is not too much to ask. It is a small thanks to give to those who did so much to make voting possible.

Mailing ballots should be by far the exception. If voting is important, doing it in person is not too much to ask. It is a small thanks to give to those who did so much to make voting possible.
Having to stand in line for hours in November is too much to expect of people trying to vote in the 21st century. Cold weather is by far the most effective ally republicans have in their voter suppression efforts.

Having to stand in line for hours in November is too much to expect of people trying to vote in the 21st century. Cold weather is by far the most effective ally republicans have in their voter suppression efforts.
More early voting would take care of that. I couldn't believe T**** said all voting should be done in one day. That's ridiculous considering how many people live in our cities.

More early voting would take care of that. I couldn't believe T**** said all voting should be done in one day. That's ridiculous considering how many people live in our cities.
They are going after early voting too which clearly exposes the true intent of Republican voter reform.

They are going after early voting too which clearly exposes the true intent of Republican voter reform.
What for? How does early voting hurt anything?

What for? How does early voting hurt anything?
It hurts republican candidates chances of winning.

The Senate should amend the bill with a few changes.
Voter ID
Ban mail-in ballots
Only five days to vote. Fri., Sat., Sun., Monday., Tue.
Make it a National Holiday on Tue.

Every House Democrat signs on to sweeping HR 1 bill, GOP argues it would 'undermine' election integrity | Fox News

I agree those are now in effect, except for the 5 days to vote and ban mail in ballots. I disagree with the ban mail in ballots, if anything it leaves behind a paper trail and many have to have mail in ballots.

The matching signature shouldn't be done, its obsolete and many people, losing hand dexterity due to accidents, MS, CVA (strokes), etc .

I have to agree with 5 days to vote and Tues should be a national holiday. Also mail in voting a month before should be counted as they come in.

Voter ID
Ban mail-in ballots

Every House Democrat signs on to sweeping HR 1 bill, GOP argues it would 'undermine' election integrity | Fox News

Let's see.
1) Most states already have some form of voter ID
2) In your dreams. There are states that have been using mail in balloting for years with no issues. Now all the sudden, the carnival barker loses and it's unreliable?
Mail-in and absentee voting are perfectly legitimate. There are people who legitimately can't get to a polling place. They should not have their vote silenced because of that.
I'd be fine with requiring the postmark on the ballot to be no later than the Monday prior to election day.
3) See #2. Although I'd like to see physical polling places being open Mon and Tues of election week.
4) All for it. Not sure why it isn't now.

Last, you need to go to the Republican led legislatures in all the states you believe were "stolen" from you and convince them to allow counting of mail-in ballots prior to election day. Because they passed laws prior to election day to prevent this from happening. That was the biggest reason you saw red and blue "mirages" on November 3rd and 4th, and also the reason counting the ballots took so long. NOT some phantom massive ballot fraud scheme.

Voter ID
Ban mail-in ballots

I agree those are now in effect, except for the 5 days to vote and ban mail in ballots. I disagree with the ban mail in ballots, if anything it leaves behind a paper trail and many have to have mail in ballots.

The matching signature shouldn't be done, its obsolete and many people, losing hand dexterity due to accidents, MS, CVA (strokes), etc .

I have to agree with 5 days to vote and Tues should be a national holiday. Also mail in voting a month before should be counted as they come in.
I was thinking early counting would lead to all kinds of security issues, but 17 states do it and I've never heard any complaints, so it makes sense then.

Everyone should quit pretending any of the hundreds of bills introduced in every republican state are intended for anything other than voter suppression.
That is the laziest, most dishonest and most superficial argument concerning voting reform today.

That is the laziest, most dishonest and most superficial argument concerning voting reform today.
No, that would be argument Trump is using to explain why he lost bigly.

Unfortunately, it's the truth. 67 court cases and absolutely no case taken up or decided in favor of massive voter fraud. It simply didn't happen. It is Republicans advancing these bills. They are about nothing more than voter suppression and disenfranchisement.

Improve polling stations.
Increase polling stations (they could even be mobile).
Increase surveillance of polling stations.
It is passing lamentable that participants in a democracy have so little willingness to be active. Anyone so uninclined probably shouldn't be voting, anyway.

Forum List

Back