For My Listening Pleasure...

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I don't know how many are listeners so NY sports radio station, WFAN.....but it was my morning go-to.

And it was Carton, not Boomer!!!

The show deflated when Carton was sent to jail.....but it looks like he'll be back.

"Craig Carton released early from prison with a WFAN return realistic

Former WFAN radio host Craig Carton was released from federal prison on Tuesday morning, The Post has learned.

Carton, 51, will either enter home confinement or a halfway house to finish out his sentence, according to sources.

Carton’s release is unrelated to COVID-19. Carton went to prison on June 17, 2019, so he served a little more than a year. He was let out early from his 3½-year prison sentence for a ticket scam due to completing a number of programs offered by the federal penitentiary.

Carton may have a path back to WFAN as Chris Oliviero, his former producer, now heads up Entercom’s New York stations.

It is believed that when Oliviero agreed to return to the company, he asked if he would be able to re-hire Carton at FAN. He was told he would be allowed to if he saw fit, according to sources. It is not a done deal and it is not exactly clear when Carton would be able to return to FAN, but with his release, there is a belief that a return to FAN could very well happen."

I don't know how many are listeners so NY sports radio station, WFAN.....but it was my morning go-to.

And it was Carton, not Boomer!!!

The show deflated when Carton was sent to jail.....but it looks like he'll be back.

"Craig Carton released early from prison with a WFAN return realistic

Former WFAN radio host Craig Carton was released from federal prison on Tuesday morning, The Post has learned.

Carton, 51, will either enter home confinement or a halfway house to finish out his sentence, according to sources.

Carton’s release is unrelated to COVID-19. Carton went to prison on June 17, 2019, so he served a little more than a year. He was let out early from his 3½-year prison sentence for a ticket scam due to completing a number of programs offered by the federal penitentiary.

Carton may have a path back to WFAN as Chris Oliviero, his former producer, now heads up Entercom’s New York stations.

It is believed that when Oliviero agreed to return to the company, he asked if he would be able to re-hire Carton at FAN. He was told he would be allowed to if he saw fit, according to sources. It is not a done deal and it is not exactly clear when Carton would be able to return to FAN, but with his release, there is a belief that a return to FAN could very well happen."
For my listening pleasure, that i just cant get enough of. Brings a smile to my face all the time.

I don’t care

Just don’t give Mike Francessa his old job back
Rather see them bring Doggie back than Carton

"Entercom welcomes Craig Carton back to WFAN

October 29, 202010:09 am

PHILADELPHIA, PA – October 29, 2020 – Entercom welcomes the return of on-air host Craig Carton as afternoon show co-host for WFAN 101.9 FM/660 AM (WFAN-FM/AM), the most listened to sports station in the country. Carton will rejoin the station November 9 and be heard alongside co-host Evan Roberts, weekdays from 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. ET.
“Craig Carton was part of the fabric of WFAN for a decade, both on and off the air, engaging and entertaining audiences with his one of a kind personality and talent,” said Chris Oliviero, Senior Vice President and Market Manager, Entercom New York. “We all hope that this next step on his road back will not only be beneficial to Craig, but also for his audience as he shares his story and looks to make an impact through the power of his voice. WFAN welcomes him back and is excited to have him join Evan Roberts in afternoon drive.”
“I am grateful to Entercom for the chance to return home to WFAN,” said Carton. "

Fireworks will ensue.

"CRAIG CARTON PREDICTS RADIO WAR WITH BOOMER & GIO
“Carton uses radio wars as fuel for content, he always has and everyone at WFAN knows it, with many of them previously getting a front row seat to watch it.”

Forum List

Back