For Guitar Players

WelfareQueen

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2013
Uranus
This thread is for the guitar players. I have played 40 years. Since I was a wee little hellion. Please use this thread to post your own shit or any excerpts from players you like. My guitars or guitars I've owned.

Ibanez Electric. (Got it from a drug dealer in a tight financial pinch in the early 80's. Very nice guitar.

64 Les Paul Custom. Also very nice. Bought it for $600 bucks in the mid 80's. Sold it for $1,500 in the early 2000's.

My favorite current guitar is my Taylor Made 310 CE. Beautiful Instrument.

Washburn Acoustic I got back in 1981. Very nice. Excellent high end, Not the mid range or the power of the Taylor Made.

Various classical guitars I rarely play.

Angelo I know I've mentioned I am a big Ritchie Blackmore fan. This is an isolation track of Deep Purple's Burn. I think the playing is amazing. From 2:30 on mind blowing.

This thread is for the guitar players. I have played 40 years. Since I was a wee little hellion. Please use this thread to post your own shit or any excerpts from players you like. My guitars or guitars I've owned.

Ibanez Electric. (Got it from a drug dealer in a tight financial pinch in the early 80's. Very nice guitar.

64 Les Paul Custom. Also very nice. Bought it for $600 bucks in the mid 80's. Sold it for $1,500 in the early 2000's.

Washburn Acoustic I got back in 1981. Very nice. Excellent high end, Not the mid range or the power of the Taylor Made.

Angelo I know I've mentioned I am a big Ritchie Blackmore fan. This is an isolation track of Deep Purple's Burn. I think the playing is amazing. From 2:30 on mind blowing.

IbA what ?
1987.jpg

Want to see one of the greatest guitar performances of all time? I dont say that lightly. This is truly impressive. Roy Clark did it on the "Odd Couple". Watch how the actors stop acting and become mesmerized by his tremendous skill.

I saw Rainbow at the Beacon Theater

I saw Rainbow at the Beacon Theater

Dio is one of the best singers ever!

IbA what ?
View attachment 479644

Your bird looks retarded.

DSC00101.JPG
Are Bassists allowed? Here's my rig and two ladies. From left is a 2018 Fender Player Series fretless Jazz Bass, center (up to down) Line6 G30 wireless, SWR WorkingPro 700, and Hartke XL bass cabs, 210 and 410, respectively. Right of that is my main player, my 2011 60th Anniversary Fender American Standard Precision Bass. Since the 2010 year and until the American Pro came out, Fender dropped the Custom Shop 62s in these basses. I string both my basses with D'Addario XL 165 Nickels (.045-.105)​

View attachment 479686Are Bassists allowed? Here's my rig and two ladies. From left is a 2018 Fender Player Series fretless Jazz Bass, center (up to down) Line6 G30 wireless, SWR WorkingPro 700, and Hartke XL bass cabs, 210 and 410, respectively. Right of that is my main player, my 2011 60th Anniversary Fender American Standard Precision Bass. Since the 2010 year and until the American Pro came out, Fender dropped the Custom Shop 62s in these basses. I string both my basses with D'Addario XL 165 Nickels (.045-.105)​

Love bass players. :thup: I believe to play bass at a high level is much more challenging than guitar. Honestly, when I really listen to great bands I am tuning into the drummers and bass players more than anything else.

View attachment 479686Are Bassists allowed? Here's my rig and two ladies. From left is a 2018 Fender Player Series fretless Jazz Bass, center (up to down) Line6 G30 wireless, SWR WorkingPro 700, and Hartke XL bass cabs, 210 and 410, respectively. Right of that is my main player, my 2011 60th Anniversary Fender American Standard Precision Bass. Since the 2010 year and until the American Pro came out, Fender dropped the Custom Shop 62s in these basses. I string both my basses with D'Addario XL 165 Nickels (.045-.105)​

Love bass players. :thup: I believe to play bass at a high level is much more challenging than guitar. Honestly, when I really listen to great bands I am tuning into the drummers and bass players more than anything else.
No joke there. The best musicians are those who can keep it in the pocket. Especially critical with the bass and drums since they're the ones primarily responsible for setting and keeping the tempo consistent, regardless of genre. I've also played upright (would love to get another one) and my background is in jazz, but also love old school R&B, Blues, Smooth Jazz/Quiet Storm, some rock and pop. I absolutely detest metal and MODERN country (Dad is a C&W guitarist from the "old" school).

Forum List

Back