For fans of Duran Duran,Rick Springfield,and Kevin Bacon Footloose fans.

Hellokitty thanks for coming on and actually talking about the topic, :thup: finally someone comes on and understands this thread is fir FANS of Duran Duran,Rick Springfield,REM, or the scenes from the original footloose movie,thst it’s not for trolls to come on and rag on them.

you are so correct,my sister she was crazy over Simon.my best friends sister was as well.It’s so obvious thst Nick is gay,he is bisexual actually,he goes both ways.he is married and has three kids.you look at Nick and the makeup he put on,he screams gay.he wore lipstick and makeup back then making it obvious.

.you look at all the band members whst they look like now my guess is Nick and Simon are for sure gay.I don’t think the other 3 are though the Taylor’s,Roger,Andy and John are.they sure don’t look it,not the way they have matured anyways.

Couple questions for ya.

one ,did you watch those videos.if so,doesn’t it amaze you how much they have changed especially John Taylor,back then he looked like a girl,but now he actually looks like a good looking dude,blond hair agrees with him.lol

last question,from watching those three videos,are you impressed and amazed over the energy they brought in the performances in those three videos,ESPECIALLY the third video wild boys,thst guitar guy Andy Taylor,smoking the cigerette he really gets into it with his incredible energy agreed? Oh one more question as well,ln watching and listening to those three videos,do you get goosebumps over them,those video performances,same as me or not.:) Especially the wild boys song performed in England.again The one thst Andy Taylor brought so much energy to jumping around with his guitar.
Correction on this post,Hellbilly you commented on Rick springfields album,did you watch those two videos of his,the videos alone by themselves even without the songs are really fun to watch.there is an extended version of state of the heart as well thst is really good as well,maybe even better than what you see in the video. :)

Last edited:
John Taylor of Duran Duran is an extremely under rated bassist. He is the king of syncopation. His bass playing is legendary.
Rick Springfield's album Living in Oz is one of the best guitar albums I've ever heard.
Footloose was a great movie. I may have to revisit it.
The beauty of music is there is something for everyone.
It’s amazing Hellbilly how in the beginning,John Taylor looked like a girl as you see in the early video but later on it’s he aged,he got much better looking ,looks like being a blond makes all the differerence in the world.lol proof of that is my aunt watched parts of that concert of Duran Duran with me when I talked her into looking at it when I visited her sometime back and in that video where John had aged and dyed his hair blond,she said “that guy with the red shirt is good looking. “ then when I showed her that pic there of Taylor in his younger days when they first started out where his hair was brown,without knowing who he was when I asked her if she could see thst pic of him,she said yeah he looks like a girl. :rofl:

Amazing isn’t it how he went from looking like a girl to being a good looking guy isn’t it.:biggrin: Looks like getting his hair blond made all the differerence in the world huh

So hillbilly,don’t you love the energy that Andy Taylor brought to thst performance in thst video with the way he was jumping up and down twirling the guitar on his shoulder and running around,he normally does not do that I think he just did it that time cause they were in his hometown where they are from England so he wanted to give them something extra special don’t you think,you DID watch that video from the 2004 concert they gave right.

Hellbilly I heard that song footloose the other day at a resteraunt and I had to get up and dance,it so much made my day. :)

Duran Duran is SUPER talented. That bassist is awesome as hell.

of course being a drummer I listen for stuff like that. Rio, The Reflex, Hungry like the wolf.......AMAZING rhythm section stuff in those songs.

chick band or not.......they kick ass.

I've always liked this stuff.

And as far as 'chick bands' that's the whole point of going to a concert back then. That's where all the chicks were. HellOoOooooo......

Rick Springfield just put out a really good box set called Orchestrating My Life. It's orchestral. It's pretty good. There's a live version and a recorded version of the set.

Also the orchestral singles are pretty cool, too. There's 9 diferent orchestral versions of Jessie's girl on that single. Jessie's Girl (Sound City Meets Prague Mix) is probably the best mix on that single, in my view, because it has the AOR/Orchestra mix, but there's a lot of different cello and piano versions on there, too.

Last edited:
Duran Duran is SUPER talented. That bassist is awesome as hell.

of course being a drummer I listen for stuff like that. Rio, The Reflex, Hungry like the wolf.......AMAZING rhythm section stuff in those songs.

chick band or not.......they kick ass.
What would you say your top five favorites of theirs is maybelooking and don’t forget careless memories,they got some amazing rhythm stuff in thst song as well,their music so much rocks. Yeah everyone seems to really dig John tally how he plays the base,you ste not the only one here to mention thst.

Hellokitty thanks for coming on and actually talking about the topic, :thup: finally someone comes on and understands this thread is fir FANS of Duran Duran,Rick Springfield,REM, or the scenes from the original footloose movie,thst it’s not for trolls to come on and rag on them.

you are so correct,my sister she was crazy over Simon.my best friends sister was as well.It’s so obvious thst Nick is gay,he is bisexual actually,he goes both ways.he is married and has three kids.you look at Nick and the makeup he put on,he screams gay.he wore lipstick and makeup back then making it obvious.

.you look at all the band members whst they look like now my guess is Nick and Simon are for sure gay.I don’t think the other 3 are though the Taylor’s,Roger,Andy and John are.they sure don’t look it,not the way they have matured anyways.

Couple questions for ya.

one ,did you watch those videos.if so,doesn’t it amaze you how much they have changed especially John Taylor,back then he looked like a girl,but now he actually looks like a good looking dude,blond hair agrees with him.lol

last question,from watching those three videos,are you impressed and amazed over the energy they brought in the performances in those three videos,ESPECIALLY the third video wild boys,thst guitar guy Andy Taylor,smoking the cigerette he really gets into it with his incredible energy agreed? Oh one more question as well,ln watching and listening to those three videos,do you get goosebumps over them,those video performances,same as me or not.:) Especially the wild boys song performed in England.again The one thst Andy Taylor brought so much energy to jumping around with his guitar.

Sorry for late response. 1st, I'm not hellbilly, just so there's no confusion with comments.

Watched the video's in op and agree they all had good energy and none of them plumped up like we've seen with some 80's band members. I'll note the videos were from 2005-13 and they've aged more since then and lost a little of the energy, but all still seem in good shape and preform with lots of energy for their age. Last video does pull on the emotions showing crying fans as the band leaves the stage.

Sorry for late response. 1st, I'm not hellbilly, just so there's no confusion with comments.

Watched the video's in op and agree they all had good energy and none of them plumped up like we've seen with some 80's band members. I'll note the videos were from 2005-13 and they've aged more since then and lost a little of the energy, but all still seem in good shape and preform with lots of energy for their age. Last video does pull on the emotions showing crying fans as the band leaves the stage.
Wow I thought you fell off the face of the planet there.yeah it’s amazing how they have stayed in shape all these years.all those videos except fir one,we’re all actually from a 2005 concert performance.yeah you can see in thst performance Simon does not have the same energy he did twenty years ago in 85.not the case at all though with Andy Taylor with the sunglasses,in thst wild boys video,he was jumping around running around on stage,something you don’t see most guitar players do,he has not lost one bit of energy over the years amazingly Hellokitty plus he really got into it with the crowd at the end.

I have come to the conclusion that he was like that he had so much energy for thst performance And song because they were playing in their hometown London where they grew up in so he saved something extra for them.because I have watched other video concert performances they gave and he didn’t act like thst.one of them you can see is when they were just out fir a few years taken in 85 and even back then,he did not do that when he was much younger.

Yeah that’s funny how those girls cried. :biggrin: So did Andy Taylor’s energy give YOU goosebumps in thst video as he did me? I am guessing not,few people are like me and really get into thst stuff as I do.:biggrin:

Wow I thought you fell off the face of the planet there.yeah it’s amazing how they have stayed in shape all these years.all those videos except fir one,we’re all actually from a 2005 concert performance.yeah you can see in thst performance Simon does not have the same energy he did twenty years ago in 85.not the case at all though with Andy Taylor with the sunglasses,in thst wild boys video,he was jumping around running around on stage,something you don’t see most guitar players do,he has not lost one bit of energy over the years amazingly Hellokitty plus he really got into it with the crowd at the end.

I have come to the conclusion that he was like that he had so much energy for thst performance And song because they were playing in their hometown London where they grew up in so he saved something extra for them.because I have watched other video concert performances they gave and he didn’t act like thst.one of them you can see is when they were just out fir a few years taken in 85 and even back then,he did not do that when he was much younger.

Yeah that’s funny how those girls cried. :biggrin: So did Andy Taylor’s energy give YOU goosebumps in thst video as he did me? I am guessing not,few people are like me and really get into thst stuff as I do.:biggrin:

Duran Duran would be one of the few concerts were I would be just like those girls crying. :)

Duran Duran would be one of the few concerts were I would be just like those girls crying. :)
you do agree with me don’t you that Andy Taylor’s energy he brought thst night in the song wild boys was incredible don’t you? As you seen in the other one taken at a concert in 85,he didn’t even act like that back then when he was much younger,do you appreciate his energy in it as much as I do? And didn’t yiu think it was funny how he got into it with the crowd at the end. :biggrin:

Hey Hellokitty you wouldn’t be interested in watching thst entire almost two hour concert from back then if I posted the video here for yiu would you? Man I so much wish I could get into a time machine and go back in time and watch thst concert from back then the fact I would be able to watch how Andy Taylor got into it on wild boys and plus,they really did play their best songs for the most part back then.a couple of theyr really good songs they played back then and are my favorites,they don’t play those anymore so when I see them in concert for the first time in arizona in September for the first time out where my brother lives,they won’t play those songs. :mad: I live in Kansas but they aren’t coming here so that’s why I’m going to Arizona sense staying with my brother,I won’t have to pay fir a hotel or cab.

Natural Citizen yeah but make the exception this time for this song. Tell me if you agree that andy taylor really had an exceptional amount of energy in his performance for this particular this song that night.its a shame they lost him,his replacement is very good but you miss that trademark that andy had of the sunglasses.

Natural Citizen yeah but make the exception this time for this song. Tell me if you agree that andy taylor really had an exceptional amount of energy in his performance for this particular this song that night.its a shame they lost him,his replacement is very good but you miss that trademark that andy had of the sunglasses.

Quit being such a fag, Rams Fan.

lol. No, I'm just yoking your chain, man. I'm not really a Duran Duran fan.

I just have some Rick Springfield albums.

Natural Citizen with the Duran Duran concert coming up in a couple weeks thought i would bring this thread back up to the top. That being said,have you seen these two videos before of Springfields?

if so on a scale of 1 to 4 what would your ranking be? these two songs of his are not neccessarily my two favorite songs of his,but they are indeed for SURE my two favorite MTV videos of his so i of course myself give them four stars.

anybody who likes his songs as i do i fail to see WHY they would not as well,i mean the production of these videos could NOT have been anymore brilliant than they are.Human Touch I would have to say is probably my favorite song of his as well.

maybelooking the day has finally arrived,I am going to be seeing them Tuesday night traveling to brothers house in arizona from the Midwest to see them. :yes_text12: It’s worth it,I have never seen them before and this might be my last chance,you just don’t know fir sure how much longer these guys will be around, know what I mean Hellokitty

Forum List

Back