For all of you running to support Alec Baldwin, listen to this

Obviously Baldwin didn't know it was loaded. There are people who are supposed to tend to that sort of thing. It sounds a lot like the friggin union people who left all pissy like, one of them put real bullets in the gun.

Hopefully the moron did it without gloves on and his fingerprint will prove it.

Wrong.
Actors don't know how to open the cylinder on a western revolver.
That is not within his knowledge or responsibility, unless the armorer had trained him to do so.

And yes they were filming.
Baldwin was practicing fast draws, but the camera woman was there because they always film anything they think they might later decide to use.
Then the actor has no business picking up a gun if they don't know how to properly handle and operate it. That sort of lackadaisical ignorance is what gets people killed.

Remember this?
Calling your little girl names, and insulting her. I remember when this happened years ago, and as a father of daughters, I lost all respect I had for this guy.
Since then, he has repeatedly been a dick, and now maybe karma has finally paid him a visit.

I refute everything you say and there is no such silly bullshit as karma.

Hand guns aren't exactly quiet. If the crew was playing with them during breaks...everyone knew it.

That hadda be one fucked up movie set. No wonder crew walked off the set
Exactly

It seems breaking safety rules was tolerated on the set

As producer he bears responsibility (along with others) probably in a civil action.
Probably
He had first hand knowledge that safety rules were not being followed

Remember this?
Calling your little girl names, and insulting her. I remember when this happened years ago, and as a father of daughters, I lost all respect I had for this guy.
Since then, he has repeatedly been a dick, and now maybe karma has finally paid him a visit.

Addictions run in families----the Baldwins and the women they marry all have addictions. Baldwin is a pig, but I think his daughter is likely much the same.

Then the actor has no business picking up a gun if they don't know how to properly handle and operate it. That sort of lackadaisical ignorance is what gets people killed.
Yes, but how does a gun on a movie set wind up with a real bullet in it? One would think that sort of thing should be completely forboden.

If this were Charleton Heston, the demleftists would be attacking the 2A, drafting new gun laws and making political speeches daily. Their wacko voters would be protesting in every big city in America.

I don't get it all this back and forth BS between the left and the right. This isn't a political issue. Baldwin didn't purposely shoot and kill anyone. He didn't know the gun was loaded. It wasn't his job to check it.

You party loyalist need to put down you party BS, and use some common sense. And stop nip nicking irrelevant crap.

I don't get it all this back and forth BS between the left and the right. This isn't a political issue. Baldwin didn't purposely shoot and kill anyone. He didn't know the gun was loaded. It wasn't his job to check it.

You party loyalist need to put down you party BS, and use some common sense. And stop nip nicking irrelevant crap.
It's a legal criminal and civil issue. Baldwin is the one that pulled the trigger, in any instance that makes him culpable, in this case liberals are trying to pretend some magic union rules remove his culpability. That's simply not the case. The only place the union rules apply would be in civil court, as part of the contracts between employer/employee. Responsible gun owners are upset because they know the final responsibility in any gun death lies with the one holding the gun and pulling the trigger.

Remember this?

Christ he beat her mother up. She was so high maint he had to keep her in line

It's a legal criminal and civil issue. Baldwin is the one that pulled the trigger, in any instance that makes him culpable, in this case liberals are trying to pretend some magic union rules remove his culpability. That's simply not the case. The only place the union rules apply would be in civil court, as part of the contracts between employer/employee. Responsible gun owners are upset because they know the final responsibility in any gun death lies with the one holding the gun and pulling the trigger.

You want to punish accidents? Seriously? For what? To teach them not to have an accident? That's just stupid.

Good grief. There's way too many party loyalist commenting on this. Punishing an accident.

Y'all are some real geniuses. SMH

I agree: it wasn't Baldwin's job to check it. That's the whole point, and why he's not been charged with manslaughter. Because they have well-known procedures on movie sets, and those SEEMED at that moment to be happening correctly: someone pushed the gun cart toward Baldwin with three guns on it, yelled "Cold gun!" and Baldwin took one. He could have taken any of the three. I'm sure law enforcement is real interested in whether there were other live round in those guns, and who could have got at them. Because, you know, somebody got at that one. I wonder if it was the closest one to Baldwin? I'd look at the guy who pushed the cart toward Baldwin. Did he sort of pre-choose which gun Baldwin would take?

You want to punish accidents? Seriously? For what? To teach them not to have an accident? That's just stupid.
It's not an accident, there is some much negligence, unsafe behavior, and sheer stupidity to call this an 'accident'. Anybody else in the country would be held accountable. Your desire to support a two tiered justice system is noted.

SAG rules are NOT the responsibility of the actors.
Actors are not paid or have time to read the SAG rules.
SAG rules are the responsibility of the director, who is supposed to have read the rules.
Thank you for makling it clear there's no need whatsoever for anyone to take you seriously.

Forum List

Back