For all of you running to support Alec Baldwin, listen to this

It's my understanding that the retard was shooting a western (meaning that he had a REVOLVER in his hand)....

What kind of idiot can't look at the cylinder and not see a live bullet ( which would have been plainly visible with even a cursory inspection)????

If there was ever a case for negligent homicide, this fits the bill....

Apparently, this incident is just another example of why Liberals should NEVER be allowed to have a firearm!!!!!
How do you see a bullet in an 1873 revolver?

Irrelevant

NO live rounds should have been allowed on site.

No guns should have been available for the crew to play with

Fine.
I can agree with that.
I would have ensured the gun was not loaded with anything but blanks, but it is unrealistic to expect Baldwin to know what to do.
He should have been trained or everything done for him.

AND guns should have been checked by the (inexperienced 24 year old) armorer and the assistant director should never have handed a loaded gun to an actor without checking it and then yelling "COLD GUN"

Agreed as well.
Lots of people had knowledge as to what should be done, and could easily have done it.
But Baldwin is an actor, so does not have the expertise and should not be expected to have it.

Oh stop it, just stop it. By now, you know as well as anyone that the producer, in this case, Alec Baldwin, is where the buck stops. He is responsible for everything. He allowed the chaos to exist. No one else and he pulled the trigger.

What is not clear enough for you?

Wrong.
The producer is not the director and does not control what goes on with the set.
The crew plinking, the armorer not checking, and the person handing Baldwin the gun are all the people who should have done something different.
If they had done their job right, then Baldwin would have done exactly what he did, and the scene would have been finished perfectly.
There is not a thing Baldwin did wrong.

As producer he bears responsibility (along with others) probably in a civil action.

He hired people to handle the props, so it is not his fault when they screw up.
But likely there is insurance for this sort of financial liability.

Hollywood studio procedures don't supercede New Mexico law. The only rules that apply are those legislated by the state. In this case someone pointed a gun at a person, pulled the trigger, the target died. No amount of fawning over movie stars changes that. There is a decent chance that some gutless prosecutor will ignore the law in this case, but they better hope they didn't in any other cases. Allowing movie actors to kill with impunity isn't really a good message to send.

New Mexico law requires intent, even if it is about gross negligence.
But no one has pointed out any negligence on the part of Baldwin at all.

Except all those Hollywood procedures failed and someone died. It was not an accident, it gross negligence on the part of many people, especially the shooter.

Nothing that Baldwin the shooter did was wrong.
I would have checked the gun but a novice like Baldwin is not expected to.

If the gun had blanks as it was supposed to, then nothing would have happened.
So then how could Baldwin have been negligent?
There is nothing he was supposed to do differently.

Of course they did, or they couldn't be so casually ignored. They are pretty useless guidelines if just anyone can ignore them and kill people. Which is precisely why the shooter is culpable.

Wrong.
Producers do not enforce anything.
They usually are not on the set at all.

Remember this?
Calling your little girl names, and insulting her. I remember when this happened years ago, and as a father of daughters, I lost all respect I had for this guy.
Since then, he has repeatedly been a dick, and now maybe karma has finally paid him a visit.

Dick. I would Never talk to my kids like that.

Nothing that Baldwin the shooter did was wrong.
I would have checked the gun but a novice like Baldwin is not expected to.

If the gun had blanks as it was supposed to, then nothing would have happened.
So then how could Baldwin have been negligent?
There is nothing he was supposed to do differently.
He wasn’t but karma is a bitch sometimes. He will have to live with this for the rest of his life.

Accidents carry consequences - sometimes criminal.
In fact, Baldwin's act of negligence fits perfectly under the NM statute for involuntary manslaughter.
And the DA said:
“We haven’t ruled out anything,” the district attorney, Mary Carmack-Altwies, said in a telephone interview. “Everything at this point, including criminal charges, is on the table.”

According to the SAG safety policies and procedures, this is only allowable while on camera - that is, filming.
They were not filming.
But you know that.

Wrong.
Actors don't know how to open the cylinder on a western revolver.
That is not within his knowledge or responsibility, unless the armorer had trained him to do so.

And yes they were filming.
Baldwin was practicing fast draws, but the camera woman was there because they always film anything they think they might later decide to use.

According to whom?

And thus, your admission he, and they, did not follow the rules. Negligence.
The result? A woman died. Baldwin killed her, because of his negligence.

Someone brought live rounds onto the set, put them into a gun, went plinking with it, and then left live rounds still in the gun.
And yet instead of blaming the person who is obviously guilty, you want to blame Baldwin?
That is just silly.

I wouldn't be surprised if my dad has a few choice words to describe me since him and I do not see eye to eye on so many issues which is why I haven't had anything more to do with him in years. Right me if I am wrong, but didn't Mr. Baldwin and his daughter make up eventually?

God bless you and him and his family always!!!

Holly
I think they did but when a dad uses such language and vitriolic tone with a young daughter, I doubt she'd every really be able to forget it. It just shows how angry this guy is and how little respect he has for anyone else. My guess is he's the kind that only gives grudging "respect" to those who have more power than he does.

I think they did but when a dad uses such language and vitriolic tone with a young daughter, I doubt she'd every really be able to forget it. It just shows how angry this guy is and how little respect he has for anyone else. My guess is he's the kind that only gives grudging "respect" to those who have more power than he does.
Irrelevant to this discussion

He would have had to manually remove each round or turn the gun around (with the barrel now pointing at his face) and look into the open cylinder ends
Depending on the model, it can take fewer than 60 seconds to dump the ammo into his hand, visually inspect it to be sure there are only blanks, then to reload. But even if it took 5 minutes, Hutchins would still be alive. The crew had some members who left complaining of his production staff "cutting corners". He may not go to jail but SOMEONE will. Hopefully, his insurers have a clause to protect themselves from "accidents" that would not have happened on a professionally run set.

Irrelevant to this discussion
Uh...No, I'd say it has EVERYTHING to do with this situation. He's proven himself to be a hot-head for years and that kind of bottled-up anger and aggression can manifest itself in such avoidable incidents.

Remember this?
Calling your little girl names, and insulting her. I remember when this happened years ago, and as a father of daughters, I lost all respect I had for this guy.
Since then, he has repeatedly been a dick, and now maybe karma has finally paid him a visit.

What's the problem? He's daughter is being a spoiled brat, didn't answer the phone when she was supposed to. So she gets an asschewing from the dad. Apparently the mom ain't gonna try to make the kid be a decent kid. Someone has too.
What the hell is what with giving your kid an asschewing now a days?

Forum List

Back