Football...out for the season :(

Semper Fi

VIP Member
Nov 25, 2003
Wisconsin
Yesterday, 6 days from the last JV game, I was hit from behind on my left shoulder, and landed on the back of my right shoulder, dislocating it instantly. After being carted off the practice field and driven to the hospital, x-rays confirmed it was indeed dislocated.

At this point the pain was increasing steadily and constantly, and two shots totalling 5 mg of morphine and one shot of another painkiller (the exact name escapes me) finally started to ease it. After a few attempts, the nurses at the clinic managed to pop the ball back in the socket, complete with a satisfying "click" sound. Today I went to the doctor today, and he said I also tore some ligaments, and it would be 2 months until I could be active, and 4 months until I could do any strenuous sports or weight lifting.

So this kind of puts a damper on the winter, as I was planning to join the powerlifting team at my new high school. And so close to the end of the season. What Im going to do now, I do not know. :(

Yesterday, 6 days from the last JV game, I was hit from behind on my left shoulder, and landed on the back of my right shoulder, dislocating it instantly. After being carted off the practice field and driven to the hospital, x-rays confirmed it was indeed dislocated.

At this point the pain was increasing steadily and constantly, and two shots totalling 5 mg of morphine and one shot of another painkiller (the exact name escapes me) finally started to ease it. After a few attempts, the nurses at the clinic managed to pop the ball back in the socket, complete with a satisfying "click" sound. Today I went to the doctor today, and he said I also tore some ligaments, and it would be 2 months until I could be active, and 4 months until I could do any strenuous sports or weight lifting.

So this kind of puts a damper on the winter, as I was planning to join the powerlifting team at my new high school. And so close to the end of the season. What Im going to do now, I do not know. :(

I don't know if your school has physical therapy trainers there or not, but my son's school did. When he blew his knee out, they worked in tandem with his physical therapy people via sports physician-it was literally therapy 7 days per week, he made track in winter. ;) The school didn't charge, obviously, whereas his prescription was for therapy 2X per week-per insurance.

You could go to Disneyland....

Ok I'll stop with the jokes....
Nick, sorry to hear you were injured....
I've seen them pop those dislocations back in, on some of these real life medical shows......:eek2:

Hope ya feel better, real soon....:thup:

Forum List

Back