Foolproof recession indicator is glowing red

Recession indicator with perfect track record flashing red

What will be the fix this time?
Bush/Obama admin spent over a $trillion bailing out the central banks, investment groups and $billionaires that resulted in the widest earnings gap in American history and rocketed stock prices beyond absurd.

That was never going to fix the problem of an entire economic industry dependent on ever rising stock values despite reality.

Will the FEDS and Trump do the same as Obama/Bush bail out the super corporations/investment banks to maintain the gross over valuation?

Bush/Obama admin spent over a $trillion bailing out the central banks, investment groups and $billionaires

What are you talking about?
If you meant the bank portion of TARP, the banks paid that back at a huge profit to the Treasury.

Tooooo Stuuuupid! Taxpayers paid back the treasury!

Taxpayers bought those worthless mortgages from the Banks at full face value plus interest through HUD! Then HUD sold them to people like me for 15% of what they paid the banks. I bought 6 of those houses from HUD for the price of 1.

Last edited:

Bush/Obama admin spent over a $trillion bailing out the central banks, investment groups and $billionaires that resulted in the widest earnings gap in American history and rocketed stock prices beyond absurd.

That was never going to fix the problem of an entire economic industry dependent on ever rising stock values despite reality.

Will the FEDS and Trump do the same as Obama/Bush bail out the super corporations/investment banks to maintain the gross over valuation?

Bush/Obama admin spent over a $trillion bailing out the central banks, investment groups and $billionaires

If you meant the bank portion of TARP, the banks paid that back at a huge profit to the Treasury.

Taxpayers bought those worthless mortgages from the Banks at full face value plus interest through HUD! Then HUD sold them to people like me for 15% of what they paid the banks. I bought 6 of those houses from HUD for the price of 1.

Taxpayers paid back the treasury!

No, it was the banks paying back the TARP loans.
Taxpayers didn't qualify for TARP loans.

Taxpayers bought those worthless mortgages from the Banks at full face value plus interest through HUD!

Borrowers with FHA insured mortgages went through foreclosure. Not TARP.

Then HUD sold them to people like me for 15% of what they paid the banks.

Sounds just like the government, losing 85% of insured value.
Makes big government supporters like you look stupid.

I bought 6 of those houses from HUD for the price of 1.

Good for you. Has nothing to do with TARP.

Taxpayers bought those worthless mortgages from the Banks at full face value plus interest through HUD!

No, I am not a Big Government Repubtard scumbag like you! Republicans ALWAYS grow government! Bush & Republicans insured all those subprime loans with unfunded mandate tax dollars! There has NEVER been a Republican president in history that didn't cause MASSIVE JOB KILLING RECESSIONS!!! However most Democrat presidents don't cause any recessions!

Bush created the Subprime Disaster. The spike in Sub-Prime lending only happened after Bush Signed American Dream Down-payment Act In 2003. Bush & the Repubtards pushed subprime loans to boost GDP so they could claim his tax cuts boosted the economy. Republicans controlled the entire government when Bush started that disaster!
drecon_0912.png

Last edited:

No, I am not a Big Government Repubtard scumbag like you! Republicans ALWAYS grow government! Bush & Republicans insured all those subprime loans with unfunded mandate tax dollars! There has NEVER been a Republican president in history that didn't cause MASSIVE JOB KILLING RECESSIONS!!! However most Democrat presidents don't cause any recessions!

Bush created the Subprime Disaster. The spike in Sub-Prime lending only happened after Bush Signed American Dream Down-payment Act In 2003. Bush & the Repubtards pushed subprime loans to boost GDP so they could claim his tax cuts boosted the economy. Republicans controlled the entire government when Bush started that disaster!
drecon_0912.png

The spike in Sub-Prime lending only happened after Bush Signed American Dream Down-payment Act In 2003.

Bush did force Fannie and Freddie to make 55% of their mortgage purchases sub-prime mortgages.

Much, much worse than Clinton's 50% mandate.

Might as well he's already bailing the farmer's out.

What a maroon.....
We've been bailing out farmers since I believe 1926 if I remember correctly.
You going to blame Trump for whooping cough next?

drecon_0912.png

The spike in Sub-Prime lending only happened after Bush Signed American Dream Down-payment Act In 2003.

Bush did force Fannie and Freddie to make 55% of their mortgage purchases sub-prime mortgages.

Bush went around Fannie & Freddie who only did 2,5% as subprime by using other shadow banks to lend government backed loans! Bush increased subprime lending from Clinton's 2.5% to 14% on only a 3% reserve ratio. Anyone can see that 3% reserves can't cover 14% faulty loans. Your man Bush fleeced US taxpayers by backing this shit!!

drecon_0912.png

Bush went around Fannie & Freddie who only did 2,5% as subprime by using other shadow banks to lend government backed loans! Bush increased subprime lending from 2.5% to 14% on only a 3% reserve ratio. Anyone can see that 3% reserves can't cover 14% faulty loans. Bush fleeced US taxpayers by backing this shit!!!

Bush used shadow banks?

Morning drinking? Dude!

Pushing subprime loans was a bad idea?
Don't tell Barney Frank.....or Bill Clinton.

drecon_0912.png

Bush went around Fannie & Freddie who only did 2,5% as subprime by using other shadow banks to lend government backed loans! Bush increased subprime lending from Clinton's 2.5% to 14% on only a 3% reserve ratio. Anyone can see that 3% reserves can't cover 14% faulty loans. Your man Bush fleeced US taxpayers by backing this shit!!

Dude... why do you keep saying Bush Bush Bush?
You act as if there was no Congress/Senate during his 8 years.
Bush wasn't that involved. He went along with what he was told to support.
Ever hear of Barney Frank? Never heard of him? Rubin a name that sounds familiar?
Larry Summers?

drecon_0912.png

Yep. And, nobody was forcing any bank to make sub-primes; most of the sub-primes were generated by by fraudsters filing falsified loan applications like CountryWide. Goldman Sachs invented the practice of burying this crap paper in bundles and then paying bond raters like S&P to write up bogus AAA ratings so they could sell the junk to state pension funds and other institutional investors. Nobody in government held a gun to these crooks' heads and made them commit frauds.

drecon_0912.png

Ever hear of Barney Frank? Never heard of him? Rubin a name that sounds familiar?
Larry Summers?

You are brainwashed by FAKE NEWS!

There is a MAJOR HUGE DIFFERENCE between Fannie & Freddie backing a few loans of vetted hard working people WITH DOWN PAYMENTS & JOBS who have short loan history and how REPUBLICANS & BUSH made DOWN PAYMENTS for irresponsible BUMS who couldn't even scrape together a small down payment to qualify for PMI insurance! Because they had NO JOBS. Income or Assets!, (NIJA Loans) One page LIAR LOAN application!

SB. 811 (108th): American Dream Downpayment Act 2003
All 9 cosponsors were REPUBLICANS
Sessions, Jefferson “Jeff” [R-AL]
Crapo, Michael [R-ID]
Brownback, Samuel “Sam” [R-KS]
Burns, Conrad [R-MT]
Hagel, Charles “Chuck” [R-NE]
Santorum, Richard “Rick” [R-PA]
Campbell, Ben [R-CO]
Enzi, Michael [R-WY]
Murkowski, Lisa [R-AK]

Passed by REPUBLICAN House & Senate, REPUBLICAN Majority Leaders Senate: Frist, William H. (R-TN) House: Tom DeLay (R-TX) unanimous consent & signed into law by REPUBLICAN President BUSH!!!

Last edited:

Yes but you also have to consider the fact that the private industry lost even more than the government sector did on these mortgages. Not that I am a fan of big government and programs, but everyone lost large amounts of cash on those mortgages. Overall some of these things are a net positive, they just have their lumps too.

Also you have to consider that Bush greatly expanded the government and greatly increased government debt, and Trump has also increased the size of government and has produced mass amounts of debt.

Really all republican politicians support massively expanding the government (it just sounds cool to say you support small government, and GOP voters are easily manipulated). Bush and Trump have done just that, the same way Obama did.

drecon_0912.png

Larry Summers?

There is a MAJOR HUGE DIFFERENCE between Fannie & Freddie backing a few loans of vetted hard working people WITH DOWN PAYMENTS & JOBS who have short loan history and how REPUBLICANS & BUSH made DOWN PAYMENTS for irresponsible BUMS who couldn't even scrape together a small down payment to qualify for PMI insurance! Because they had NO JOBS. Income or Assets!, (NIJA Loans) One page LIAR LOAN application!

Crapo, Michael [R-ID]
Burns, Conrad [R-MT]
Campbell, Ben [R-CO]
Enzi, Michael [R-WY]
Murkowski, Lisa [R-AK]

Passed by REPUBLICAN House & Senate, REPUBLICAN Majority Leaders Senate: Frist, William H. (R-TN) House: Tom DeLay (R-TX) unanimous consent & signed into law by REPUBLICAN President BUSH!!!

I am sorry guy, but you are white washing. You are wearing blinders and that is sadly an epidemic today on both sides.
If I cared to, I could sit here and play tit for tat with you all day showing how Democrats took part. And then you could bounce back showing how Republicans did it.
The truth is BOTH SIDES did it.
Quite frustrating for those of us who removed the blinders and abandoned the rock throwing contest between the two sides to see people, such as yourself, who are smart... but make yourself ignorant by only paying attention to what the other side does..

divide-and-conquer-cartoon-pinterest.jpg

Yes but you also have to consider the fact that the private industry lost even more than the government sector did on these mortgages. Not that I am a fan of big government and programs, but everyone lost large amounts of cash on those mortgages. Overall some of these things are a net positive, they just have their lumps too.

Also you have to consider that Bush greatly expanded the government and greatly increased government debt, and Trump has also increased the size of government and has produced mass amounts of debt.

Really all republican politicians support massively expanding the government (it just sounds cool to say you support small government, and GOP voters are easily manipulated). Bush and Trump have done just that, the same way Obama did.

Yes but you also have to consider the fact that the private industry lost even more than the government sector did on these mortgages.

That's on the private buyers.
Bush and Clinton are the idiots that made sub-prime losses the responsibility of the Treasury, by forcing Fannie and Freddie to buy crap.

Also you have to consider that Bush greatly expanded the government and greatly increased government debt

Yup, Bush spent like a drunken sailor. Obama made Bush look sober.

Yes but you also have to consider the fact that the private industry lost even more than the government sector did on these mortgages.

That's on the private buyers.
Bush and Clinton are the idiots that made sub-prime losses the responsibility of the Treasury, by forcing Fannie and Freddie to buy crap.

Also you have to consider that Bush greatly expanded the government and greatly increased government debt

Yes, but the point being that both parties are equally as bad when it comes to big government and spending so don't think that big government is just a democrat problem, in some ways the GOP are worse.

Trump has run up the deficit massively to the tune of $1.2T deficit this year, yikes. If we do have a crash which could happen in a year or 2, then that will go up dramatically to possibly $2T, then we are in BIG trouble.

drecon_0912.png

Larry Summers?

Crapo, Michael [R-ID]
Burns, Conrad [R-MT]
Campbell, Ben [R-CO]
Enzi, Michael [R-WY]
Murkowski, Lisa [R-AK]

I am sorry guy, but you are white washing. You are wearing blinders and that is sadly an epidemic today on both sides.
If I cared to, I could sit here and play tit for tat with you all day showing how Democrats took part. And then you could bounce back showing how Republicans did it.
Quite frustrating for those of us who removed the blinders and abandoned the rock throwing contest between the two sides to see people, such as yourself, who are smart... but make yourself ignorant by only paying attention to what the other side does..

View attachment 274899

I was a Republican until the blinders came off after the Bush Depression. I don't belong to any party anymore & hate Democrats & Republicans! I am only stating FACTS!

There was not a subprime problem until 2003! Prior to that democrats only helped people with incomes & down payments, who maybe bought in a bad area, had no credit history or was late on a few bills at one time. Those type only had a 1% default rate that was easily covered by 10% bank reserves.

The disaster was caused by Republicans making down-payments for people who did not have enough income to live on & pay mortgage. Deregulated Shadow Banks were allowed to only keep 3% reserves because prior default rate was only 1%. Government making down-payments skyrocketed defaults to 18% & increased subprime lending ratio from 2% to 14% of all loans. That increase in people borrowing on homes drove prices up so fast bankers figured they could make money selling foreclosure if the borrower defaulted and borrowers thought their house would go up to bail them out even if they made negative equity payments. There is no way 3% reserves will ever cover an 18% default rate!

drecon_0912.png

Last edited:

Larry Summers?

Crapo, Michael [R-ID]
Burns, Conrad [R-MT]
Campbell, Ben [R-CO]
Enzi, Michael [R-WY]
Murkowski, Lisa [R-AK]

View attachment 274899
I was a Republican until the blinders came off after the Bush Depression. I don't belong to any party anymore & hate Democrats & Republicans! I am only stating FACTS!

There was not a subprime problem until 2003! Prior to that democrats only helped people with incomes & down payments, who maybe bought in a bad area, had no credit history or was late on a few bills at one time. Those type only had a 1% default rate that was easily covered by 10% bank reserves.

The disaster was caused by Republicans making down-payments for people who did not have enough income to live on & pay mortgage. Deregulated Shadow Banks were allowed to only keep 3% reserves because prior default rate was only 1%. Government making down-payments skyrocketed defaults to 18% & increased subprime lending ratio from 2% to 14% of all loans. That increase in people borrowing on homes drove prices up so fast bankers figured they could make money selling foreclosure if the borrower defaulted and borrowers thought their house would go up to bail them out even if they made negative equity payments. There is no way 3% reserves will ever cover an 18% default rate!

drecon_0912.png

Government making down-payments skyrocketed defaults to 18%

Sounds serious!

Just how many people do you think were helped by Bush's silly American Dream Downpayment Initiative?

Both Sides Did It!!!

True. Frank and Maxine Waters are big players, as were Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II, and it was Obama's responsibility to prosecute the fraudsters, and he didn't. But the fact remains that the first big players to fall fell because of panic, not having lots of bad paper on their books. Thornburg Mortgage was one of the first to fall in the U.S., all of their paper was AAAAA prime mortgages on high quality housing, a default rate of around 0.02%, not a single bad loan in their entire portfolio. They got caught with their pants down when the overnight market dried up almost overnight and they found themselves trapped between the 'mark to market rule' and being over-leveraged at 50 to 1 by their CDO obligations. Anybody here think FRank and Waters sent soldiers around and forced them to over-leverage themselves at such ridiculous levels, or any of the others doing the same thing?

Larry Summers?

Crapo, Michael [R-ID]
Burns, Conrad [R-MT]
Campbell, Ben [R-CO]
Enzi, Michael [R-WY]
Murkowski, Lisa [R-AK]

View attachment 274899

drecon_0912.png

:rolleyes:
There was a sub prime problem the day the Clinton admin and Congress started passing "Homes for Everyone". It just took till 2003 before it could no longer be hidden.

Forum List

Back