Food shortages in the UK - Army to step in to keep supplies flowing

Britain/UK can be self supportive...
They just aren't.
In order to protect the population they instituted margin controls on the sale of goods. There's a ton of laws that have to be successfully navigated for farmers of all sorts to make a profit. And for many it's much easier and more profitable to sell the land and take the interest on the money....much riskier to actually farm where the losses can add up quickly.

And with the original quarantines many farmers went bankrupt being unable to sell the crops they had originally invested large sums of money into.
Small farm Meat production is almost always a losing game. (Less than 1,000 head and insufficient land that produces the feed and water)

so...they have many issues to overcome.... about 30% of their farmers are belly up. Imports and logistics are hiccuping. Exports are as well.
Some real LEADERSHIP would be most welcome at this time by the population.

1627478924353.png

Shelves heaving with soverignty.

Even Brits can't find people who will work for nothing, just to feed fat ass Tommy The Commie.

Its brexit.
The government has given truck drivers exemptions if they test regularly. Meanwhile, the ethnic cleansing of European drivers has left us 100k short of truck drivers.

In other brexit news Ireland is in meltdown and the UK is reneging on a treaty it signed a few months ago.

Here Tammy whines about a self-inflicted problem, the hiring of cheap foreign labor and replacing citizens, then sniveling years later about 'labor shortages' when the foreigners can longer crash wages to the bottom. Sounds like the right wing whiners here in the U.S. The y loved criminal illegal aliens, then found out the vermin vote. lol lol lol too late assholes.

View attachment 518339

Shelves heaving with soverignty.
Why don’t you tell them the whole truth:

Brexit regulations are only a small part of it.

Coronavirus and self-isolation is also causing staff shortages, while European lorry drivers have cut journeys to the UK due to Brexit and Covid-19 restrictions.

Also, in Waitrose, staff are retiring, and some don’t want to work weekends.

Why don’t you tell them the whole truth:

Brexit regulations are only a small part of it.

Coronavirus and self-isolation is also causing staff shortages, while European lorry drivers have cut journeys to the UK due to Brexit and Covid-19 restrictions.

Also, in Waitrose, staff are retiring, and some don’t want to work weekends.
There are 100k driver vacancies irrespective of covid, dopey.

Last edited:
For a couple of years after WW-II my family was still sending monthly food parcels to England.

Of course it wasn't a communist nation then.

These days I don't believe we'd expend the effort. Though my parents hadn't seen how the world has changed since then. Today the reality has to be "Hooray for me; to Hell with everybody else". It doesn't feel good but, hey, sometimes reality just doesn't.

Forum List

Back