Food Prices

I just saw another bad news story from the WEF/UN globalist controlled burn of the global economy leading to famine and starvation.

Thousands block German border with Holland in protest over controversial Dutch nitrogen policy​

Now ANOTHER crisis hits EU! Hundreds of tractors block the German/Netherlands border​

Dutch Farmers Protest Climate Mandates That would Cut Livestock by 30 Percent​

Nation is world's 5th largest food exporter

" . . . It openly acknowledged that “there is not a future for all [Dutch] farmers within [this] approach,” as reported by the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Foreign Agriculture Service.

“The Minister of Nature and Nitrogen Policy expects about a third of the 50,000 Dutch farms to ‘disappear’ by 2030,” the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade reported in a June 23 Market Insight Report.

The Netherlands is the world’s fifth-largest exporter of food, exceeded only by the United States, Germany, the United Kingdom, and China, according to World Bank statistics.

The Dutch government offers a multibillion-dollar buyout arrangement for farmers.

Christianne van der Wal, minister of nature and nitrogen policy, has left open the possibility that the government will expropriate land from farmers who do not comply, as reported by NOS Nieuws.

The proposals and resultant protests come amid worldwide fertilizer and food shortages.

Epoch Times Photo

Farmers leave the city of Bathmen, the Netherlands, on their way to the rural farmers’ protest in Stroe. Tens of thousands of participants are expected at the protest against the nitrogen policy, on June 22, 2022. (Bart Maat/ANP/AFP via Getty Images)

United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres warned on June 24 that “there is a real risk that multiple famines will be declared in 2022,” adding that “2023 could be even worse.”

On a recent episode of “Facts Matter” on EpochTV, American farmer John Boyd, Jr. warned of potential food shortages as a result of steeply rising input costs.

He said the expenses of running his own operation have tripled, driven in large part by significantly increased fertilizer costs.

In Sri Lanka, a ban on chemical fertilizers contributed to an economic crisis that has destabilized the government.

The country has recently announced a temporary ban on fuel sales to private vehicles, effective June 27 through July 10. . . "

Video of Protest

View attachment 666069
Similar problems appear to be going on in other countries eg New Zealand presenting the farmers as being anti climate protection when in reality it seems to be the intent as you are saying is to get their land off them. Seems to go with the intent by the richest to buy up and have control of land and hence food.

IF we're lucky JAN, but then the world seems to be turning faster than we'd all like it to.....

Agreed........and store prices have went up since this thread. The costs would still average out when comparing home grown to store bought. Last time I bought whole chickens at the store the price was $1.24lb......that was at Walmart for the twin pack of whole birds and is the cheapest price around. In the last year it had went up from $1lb to $1.12, and now $1.24.

Not long after this thread, I bought a dozen Cornish chicks @ $2.49 each, a 5 or 6lb bag of chick starter for just under $10 I think (maybe $7 or $8), plus a 40 or 50lb bag of meat bird feed for $25. Before I butchered them, bought another 2 bags of feed. Then ya count the water bill, electricity, time & trouble and the investment was around $120 total. That's $10 per bird, store bought is around $12 per bird, so I guess I was ahead to grow them, but it's alot for me to do myself.

I had saved some money on the feed bill, because I don't offer feed 24/7 and only feed twice a day and they were in a tractor in the yard for grass, dirt & bugs. I can grow some feed grains to offset costs, but not enough to sustain meaties. I'd rather keep that for the eggers.

Not sure of my plan for next year, whether to raise more chicks or not......or maybe do turkeys again. But in either case I need to be better prepared with better/more secure set up. The new pups have been a real challenge when it comes to raising birds

Agreed........and store prices have went up since this thread. The costs would still average out when comparing home grown to store bought. Last time I bought whole chickens at the store the price was $1.24lb......that was at Walmart for the twin pack of whole birds and is the cheapest price around. In the last year it had went up from $1lb to $1.12, and now $1.24.

Not long after this thread, I bought a dozen Cornish chicks @ $2.49 each, a 5 or 6lb bag of chick starter for just under $10 I think (maybe $7 or $8), plus a 40 or 50lb bag of meat bird feed for $25. Before I butchered them, bought another 2 bags of feed. Then ya count the water bill, electricity, time & trouble and the investment was around $120 total. That's $10 per bird, store bought is around $12 per bird, so I guess I was ahead to grow them, but it's alot for me to do myself.

I had saved some money on the feed bill, because I don't offer feed 24/7 and only feed twice a day and they were in a tractor in the yard for grass, dirt & bugs. I can grow some feed grains to offset costs, but not enough to sustain meaties. I'd rather keep that for the eggers.

Not sure of my plan for next year, whether to raise more chicks or not......or maybe do turkeys again. But in either case I need to be better prepared with better/more secure set up. The new pups have been a real challenge when it comes to raising birds
I could quote you similar prices , and similar stories JAN

I certainly could have chosen a more lucrative retirement delusion

Guess i watched too many green acres episodes as a lad....

~S~

And the rest of us with no assets are just going to have to starve.
It won't surprise me to see modern examples of "soup kitchens" like what existed during the Great Depression. If this were due to some cataclysm that no one could have foreseen or combatted it wouldn't be so bad. KNOWING that all of this is being done according to a globalist design is enough to make folks insanely angry. The millions coming across our border illegally won't be affected at all, neither will the wealthy. It will kill the middle class and that is the plan.

It won't surprise me to see modern examples of "soup kitchens" like what existed during the Great Depression. If this were due to some cataclysm that no one could have foreseen or combatted it wouldn't be so bad. KNOWING that all of this is being done according to a globalist design is enough to make folks insanely angry. The millions coming across our border illegally won't be affected at all, neither will the wealthy. It will kill the middle class and that is the plan.
If this keeps going, there will be a real contraction in living. More people will live in one dwelling or apartment. Doing more with less which is an old saying will be more of a reality. And it is now as the safety net many people have to real issues is dwindling.

Forum List

Back