Food Prices

View attachment 665009Wow. A 10 pound chicken.
That's a hell of a lot more then in the UK

Screenshot_20220704-214046.png

My regular grocery store has ALWAYS had what I call a "super duper stupid sale" every single year for the 4th of July.

What I mean by that is, the week of the 4th of July, pretty much the ENTIRE store has ALL foods either HALF PRICED, or BOGO (buy one, get one free). This is the first year I've seen that they HAVE NOT done this!!

I've always stocked up on freezer foods, boxed foods, and canned foods every year of the week of July 4th.
This year, they had cereal BOGO...........THATS ALL! Everything else was regular price. Even all the holiday foods!
Now THAT is BAD!!

Walmart, which I don't shop at, has gotten to be MORE expensive than MY grocery store. When I look up prices for things online, Walmart always shows higher prices than everybody else. They seem to be cheaper on all sorts of food condiments, but everything else is a few cents to dollars MORE than regular grocery stores. At least it is around here and online from what I've seen.

And my regular grocery store has always had that Monopoly game every summer as well. And this summer they haven't done it!! They must really be hurting for an influx of cash if they aren't even doing the Monopoly game this year!!

And shoppers that are registered with the company for their points system have gotten good points for stuff in the past, but they've even cut down on the foods you get points on, so there's fewer points to get when shopping now. Points you can use for "free" food or 10 cents off per point, per gallon of gas (up to a dollar a gallon off) and they've even cut back on that.

They didn't even do any of this when Obozo was strangling people the first time around with his Commie-Marxism........but now.........if my grocery store is cutting perks back so badly.........it IS getting BAD!!!!

Blue crab meat, less than two hundred miles from the fucking Bay where it was caught, is fucking $60 for one pound. Two years ago it averaged $7-8 per pound. It's actually cheaper to buy a few dozen steamed crabs and pick them for crab cakes.
There is a king crab shortage this year because they Alaskan fishery wouldn't allow any harvesting due to low numbers in their pre-season survey. That has had the knock on effect of causing a run on all the other types of crab meat. To add insult to injury, the Chesapeake survey came in with the lowest number of blue males ever and lower than normal juveniles. Apparently the invasive blue catfish and lack of vegetation on the bottom of the bay are doing a one-two punch on east coast crabbing.

the great reset all planned, in London Ontario,Canada they just opened the largest cricket plant in the world lmao. Gates buying up all the farmland with China, paying farmers double market value to destroy their crops, kill their animals.

china social credit system will be worldwide, 24/7 surviellence, cashless society, universal basic income with all kinds of communism strings attached, no one works or owns anything, e.v. 's turned off at flick of a switch, eat bugs, fake meat, pop. control.

Watermelon!

WTF

On a diet and haven't bought in over a year. Never mind there were only like 1/8 melon slices...

$5/LB!!

What the fuck?

1663987008519.png

9/23/2022
Food prices JUMPED again!

Since January 2022..............

Margarin went from $3.50 to $4.00 for 4 sticks
Butter went from $5.00 to $6.50 for 4 sticks
Brand name Potato chips went from $3.50 per bag to $5.00 per bag
Store brand potato chips went from $1.75 a bag to $3.00 a bag
Coffee creamer went from $3.50 to $4.50 a bottle
Coffee is still around $12.00 for one pound of cheap stuff and $9.00 for 12 pods
Cheese went from $1.79 for 8 ounces to around $3.80
Fruit juices in the bottles in the cooler section went from $2.50 to $3.95 a bottle
Bread is still the same at about $3.90 per loaf for brand name and $2.00 for the store brand cheap stuff
Crackers like Triscuit and Wheat Thins went from $2.50 a box to over $4.00 a box
Brand name cereal went from $3.50 per standard box size to $5.00 and over, for standard box size
Turkey products (turkey cuts, ground turkey, etc...) went from $3.80 per pound to $5.00 and over for brand name
Beef has gone from about $4.00 per pound to $7.00 and over per pound
Frozen veggies have gone from around $1.00 per 8 ounce bag to over $2.00 per bag......store brand
Brand name frozen veggies are still around $2.00-$4.00 per 6-8 ounce bag
Avocados have gone DOWN in price from $3.00 each to $1.99 each
Premade bags of salad greens have stayed the same at about $2.50 - $5.00 per 8-12 ounce bags
Bananas and Roma tomatoes are still the same at about $99c a pound or less

Frozen fish has gone up from $5.00 per box (such as Gortons) to $10.00 per box

There are still some stores that sell a bit cheaper, but youre just going to be wasting that much gas to get there, rather than buying at the closer store for a bit more. So I just tend to keep close to home.

View attachment 700687

9/23/2022
Food prices JUMPED again!

Since January 2022..............

Coffee is still around $12.00 for one pound of cheap stuff and $9.00 for 12 pods
Fruit juices in the bottles in the cooler section went from $2.50 to $3.95 a bottle
Bread is still the same at about $3.90 per loaf for brand name and $2.00 for the store brand cheap stuff
Crackers like Triscuit and Wheat Thins went from $2.50 a box to over $4.00 a box
Brand name cereal went from $3.50 per standard box size to $5.00 and over, for standard box size
Turkey products (turkey cuts, ground turkey, etc...) went from $3.80 per pound to $5.00 and over for brand name
Frozen veggies have gone from around $1.00 per 8 ounce bag to over $2.00 per bag......store brand
Premade bags of salad greens have stayed the same at about $2.50 - $5.00 per 8-12 ounce bags

There are still some stores that sell a bit cheaper, but youre just going to be wasting that much gas to get there, rather than buying at the closer store for a bit more. So I just tend to keep close to home.
They are a bit cheaper here in TN but...I don't expect the prices to hold. Farmers can't afford the fuel or electricity in America or Europe...further straining the food supply.

:linky:

Who gives a shit
Globalists probably dont give a shit

Believing you are safe in your bunker, you are content for Americans to be at the mercy of wars and bad weather in god forsaken far away places

High food prices combined with occasional shortages are an inconvenience caused by the globalist new world order

Biden said Americans need to lower their expectations. So I guess we shouldn’t expect to be able to afford groceries - or decent ones. Another Dem suggested ChefBoyRdee.

While the SNAP beneficiaries are now shopping at Whole Foods, I am buying an extra few cans of non-perishables to put it away for even harder times. I have extra cans of veggies, soup, fruit, pasta sauce (and pasta), tuna, and salmon in my pantry - and I’m continuing to build my supply.

I noticed today, that my type of bread I buy has gone from $3.50 a loaf to $4.50 in the past week.

That's a WHOLE fucking DOLLAR jump!!!
Flour has tripled in cost. Going from $0.30/lb to $0.90/lb....

However your bread has only jumped a portion of that of roughly 30%.

Fuel, fertilizers, labor (which are directly linked) and packaging materials have greatly increased as well. (Look at the ingredients on your bread...each comes in its own package including yeast)

None of this is going to go away and that price is never going to go down...the only thing that might change is your income so that the cost isn't felt as it is currently.

Bread price changes are the ones that never go away. Where the bread companies blamed higher prices on sugar prices in the '70's under Carter. (Which was true from political pressures on the Carter admin....a Florida sugar farm did it) but in truth it had more to do with Carter's foreign policy by creating OPEC and huge price increases from trucking industry and railroads.
(I can't drive 55)
They too had a doubling of cost increases in fuel and fertilizers....several grain elevators had massive fires and explosions and there was a drought that killed wheat and corn crops.
All that during the Carter Administration....it wasn't fun then just like it isn't fun now.

Since that time foodstuffs like wheat have become more of a global commodity and shipping containers have streamlined the shipping. We aren't so dependent upon our own agricultural products...usually we rely upon Mexico and South America for groceries with some coming from Africa.

However....with the global quarantines and rising fuel costs and the US/Canadian railroad DELIBERATELY causing supply chain issues domestically....there are fixes than can be put in place...but considering that Congress is immune from SEC charges of Insider Trading (unlike Martha Stewart) things are likely going to get worse instead of better....

Oh I know that congress just made new rules...but they left loopholes in them so big the convoy of tractor trailers hauling their money and our future away makes it pointless. (As by their intentions all along)

There still is an ETF that tracks Congressional personal investments...but they just have to switch the focus to the straw men instead of the congress members themselves.

The ONLY difference between "organic" and regular is the label!!
no labels on my farm Baron

:eek:
There are SOME real organic items out there, but they are CHEAPER to farm and raise because millions and millions a year are NOT spent on steriods, enhancers, flavorings, artificial chemicals, and synthetic chemicals.
the dif betwixt retail and wholesale is the USDA stamp
they come to one's farm, and dictate those specifics you mention
farmers markets being the loophole....

And these COST LESS TO PRODUCE THAN STANDARD veg and animals because they aren't pumped with all those expensive, artificial and syntheic chemicals! But for some reason, they cost TWICE AS MUCH?!!

one can utube those mass production meateries Baron, feed sourcing, manure processing, and climate change being their major issues ,and then there is>>>

anecdotally, our wonderful 'save the planet' state Congress passed 'no food waste in landfill' legislation a year or so back.

which saw the rise of an entire 'compost' industry in my back yard.

so now walking into any restaurant with a piglet gains one instant status

the catch being, one will never gain a USDA stamp using slop as feed , despite the fact one's livestock may indeed have a better diet than the average Joe....

1669288466705.jpeg

(pasta night for mama sow & her piglets)
Farmers markets around here charge twice as much as the stores do.

well yes , the last time i kept track , excluding my time, i was around $3.40 lb for pork, and could shop the big box stores locally for 1/2 of that

yet i may be a tad more competitive with those $20 hens i see posted....

it's the quality you see.....:icon_sjung:

I've raised my own in the past, yet with the cost of feed skyrocketing as much as other prices, the time and trouble of raising, then butchering, and other factors, I may break even compared to just buying them in the store.

IF we're lucky JAN, but then the world seems to be turning faster than we'd all like it to.....

United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres warned on June 24 that “there is a real risk that multiple famines will be declared in 2022,” adding that “2023 could be even worse.”
Well isn't Antonio just a ray of sunshine Mr B

But his concern is valid, peeps loose their sh&t when their kids go hungry

~S~

Forum List

Back