Food Prices

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
In the recesses of your mind
Food prices STILL going up and up and up!!!!!

Do you ever hear those announcements in the grocery stores for "fresh hot bread"? You know, the baggettes of the crusty french style bread. In the stores I shop, they have been .99 cents FOR DECADES! Now the prices has jumped, and I mean JUMPED to $3.00 a loaf!!!! No more super cheap yummie fresh bread for me.

Meat has gone up again.
Whole chicken.......................over TWENTY FUCKING DOLLARS for ONE chicken!!!!
And this pic is from 20211!!
1656729387990.png
1656729696523.png

Some stores are working hard to control prices, but some are really taking advantage!!!!

Avocados are now $3.00 EACH where I shop. Making a decent bowl of guacamole now costs around $15.00!

Premade breads on the bread aisle still are about the same price as they were when Trump was in office.
Which makes no sense. If everything ELSE has tripled in price, why hasn't premade breads?
Not that I'm complaining.

The almond milk I buy has gone up almost $2.00 per gallon since last year.

Forget red meat. If I decide to make chili or something, I use ground turkey or Morningstar "ground meat".

Weenies, or weiners as some people say, have sky rocketed from an average of $2.00 a pack to over $5.00 a pack.
I've even seen a few brands that are over $7.00 a pack!!!

Frozen dinner prices have jumped again.........now almost $2.00 more over last years jump.

Coffee is a luxury item now. It's either coffee or the car payment. And the price keeps going up every week.

By the end of the year, people are going to have to get a second or third mortgage on their homes just to buy food!
And the rest of us with no assets are just going to have to starve.

With meat and eggs I go to the farms nearby and get a good price per pound... I shop for fruit and veggies at the farmers market but even they are charging more...
Where I really get ripped is at the grocery store.... $25 for a pack of TP????
maybe a subscription to the NY Times is a good deal after all....

Do you ever hear those announcements in the grocery stores for "fresh hot bread"? You know, the baggettes of the crusty french style bread. In the stores I shop, they have been .99 cents FOR DECADES! Now the prices has jumped, and I mean JUMPED to $3.00 a loaf!!!! No more super cheap yummie fresh bread for me.

Meat has gone up again.
Whole chicken.......................over TWENTY FUCKING DOLLARS for ONE chicken!!!!
View attachment 664991 View attachment 664995
Some stores are working hard to control prices, but some are really taking advantage!!!!

Avocados are now $3.00 EACH where I shop. Making a decent bowl of guacamole now costs around $15.00!

Premade breads on the bread aisle still are about the same price as they were when Trump was in office.
Which makes no sense. If everything ELSE has tripled in price, why hasn't premade breads?

Forget red meat. If I decide to make chili or something, I use ground turkey or Morningstar "ground meat".

Weenies, or weiners as some people say, have sky rocketed from an average of $2.00 a pack to over $5.00 a pack.

Frozen dinner prices have jumped again.........now almost $2.00 more over last years jump.

Coffee is a luxury item now. It's either coffee or the car payment. And the price keeps going up every week.

By the end of the year, people are going to have to get a second or third mortgage on their homes just to buy food!

Blue crab meat, less than two hundred miles from the fucking Bay where it was caught, is fucking $60 for one pound. Two years ago it averaged $7-8 per pound. It's actually cheaper to buy a few dozen steamed crabs and pick them for crab cakes.

Big difference in those chickens is the one from Costco is organic and is always more expensive than a Walmart Tyson chicken.

For years I boycotted Tyson because of their practices, but there comes a time when you do what you gotta do to put food on the table. Up until about a month ago, I could get the twin pack of whole chickens at Walmart for $1lb, then it went up to $1.24lb. I do NOT buy individual chicken parts. It's just too expensive, so I buy 3 of the twin packs and cut them up myself. Wings go in one pile, leg quarters in another, then cut the breasts off the bone and into another pile, then repackaged into serving sizes and into the freezer. The bones and any bits of meat are then made into bone broth.

so from 6 chickens I can get 15 to 17 meals, not counting the broth, depending on how I prepare it for 3 adults

Big difference in those chickens is the one from Costco is organic and is always more expensive than a Walmart Tyson chicken.

For years I boycotted Tyson because of their practices, but there comes a time when you do what you gotta do to put food on the table. Up until about a month ago, I could get the twin pack of whole chickens at Walmart for $1lb, then it went up to $1.24lb. I do NOT buy individual chicken parts. It's just too expensive, so I buy 3 of the twin packs and cut them up myself. Wings go in one pile, leg quarters in another, then cut the breasts off the bone and into another pile, then repackaged into serving sizes and into the freezer. The bones and any bits of meat are then made into bone broth.

so from 6 chickens I can get 15 to 17 meals, not counting the broth, depending on how I prepare it for 3 adults

The ONLY difference between "organic" and regular is the label!!
I was in retail MANY YEARS, and I know all their evil, corrupt little tricks.
Supposed "organic" is raised and produced BY THE SAME FARMS AS STANDARD FOOD ITEMS! Just like milk comes from the SAME DAIRY FARMS, they just package it in different labels!!!

I stopped buying Tyson decades ago, because of what they were pumping into their products. I buy store brand or "off name" brand now. Costs less because they don't spend millions in artificial steriods and meat enhancers to bulk up their products and animals.

There are SOME real organic items out there, but they are CHEAPER to farm and raise because millions and millions a year are NOT spent on steriods, enhancers, flavorings, artificial chemicals, and synthetic chemicals.
These are easy to see, because the produce looks like it's been through a blight of come kind, or not sprayed with the artificial colors use to make it look "natural", or meat looks greyish or poultry looks petite and anorexic because they weren't pumped up with tons of crap.

And these COST LESS TO PRODUCE THAN STANDARD veg and animals because they aren't pumped with all those expensive, artificial and syntheic chemicals! But for some reason, they cost TWICE AS MUCH?!!

With meat and eggs I go to the farms nearby and get a good price per pound... I shop for fruit and veggies at the farmers market but even they are charging more...
Where I really get ripped is at the grocery store.... $25 for a pack of TP????
maybe a subscription to the NY Times is a good deal after all....

Farmers markets around here charge twice as much as the stores do.
There are still butcher shops around too, but they charge more than the stores do.

I get triple roll packs of 9 from the store for $10.00. Which is the same as buying one roll from the dollar store at $1.25, since the price has gone up now.

I get coupons a lot, which usually takes a couple of dollars off the TP price, so I usually buy 2 or 3 packs then.
I've found Target has the cheapest TP per pack I can buy. So when I can afford it, I buy the super large packs from Target online.

Meat has gone up again.
View attachment 664991 View attachment 664995

I just bought two whole chickens for less than 12 bucks.

Some of you people really are getting ripped off.

Have a 9 pound boston butt I got from Sam's for 17 bucks in the oven right now on 250 which will become carnitas.

Farmers markets around here charge twice as much as the stores do.
There are still butcher shops around too, but they charge more than the stores do.

I get triple roll packs of 9 from the store for $10.00. Which is the same as buying one roll from the dollar store at $1.25, since the price has gone up now.

I get coupons a lot, which usually takes a couple of dollars off the TP price, so I usually buy 2 or 3 packs then.
I've found Target has the cheapest TP per pack I can buy. So when I can afford it, I buy the super large packs from Target online.
I live near cattle ranches and a friend introduced me to a guy that will sell me steaks and burgers... chicken... eggs even duck eggs... he gives me a deal but his costs have gone up too...
Our farmers market is competitive but the quality is way above what the store sells....

The ONLY difference between "organic" and regular is the label!!
I was in retail MANY YEARS, and I know all their evil, corrupt little tricks.
Supposed "organic" is raised and produced BY THE SAME FARMS AS STANDARD FOOD ITEMS! Just like milk comes from the SAME DAIRY FARMS, they just package it in different labels!!!

I stopped buying Tyson decades ago, because of what they were pumping into their products. I buy store brand or "off name" brand now. Costs less because they don't spend millions in artificial steriods and meat enhancers to bulk up their products and animals.

There are SOME real organic items out there, but they are CHEAPER to farm and raise because millions and millions a year are NOT spent on steriods, enhancers, flavorings, artificial chemicals, and synthetic chemicals.
These are easy to see, because the produce looks like it's been through a blight of come kind, or not sprayed with the artificial colors use to make it look "natural", or meat looks greyish or poultry looks petite and anorexic because they weren't pumped up with tons of crap.

And these COST LESS TO PRODUCE THAN STANDARD veg and animals because they aren't pumped with all those expensive, artificial and syntheic chemicals! But for some reason, they cost TWICE AS MUCH?!!

I do agree with the marketing ploys. I've raised my own in the past, yet with the cost of feed skyrocketing as much as other prices, the time and trouble of raising, then butchering, and other factors, I may break even compared to just buying them in the store. Here the Walmart tysons are the cheapest. Other stores, store brand or off brand birds are more expensive. I try to buy the markdown ones for even more savings.

And as for the same product with different labels, the same holds true of name brand and off brand items.. It's all the same stuff, just different label. You're paying a higher price for name brand advertising.

At the rate things are going up, it may be a good idea figuring out how to either ration or make a little bit go a long way.

I do agree with the marketing ploys. I've raised my own in the past, yet with the cost of feed skyrocketing as much as other prices, the time and trouble of raising, then butchering, and other factors, I may break even compared to just buying them in the store. Here the Walmart tysons are the cheapest. Other stores, store brand or off brand birds are more expensive. I try to buy the markdown ones for even more savings.

And as for the same product with different labels, the same holds true of name brand and off brand items.. It's all the same stuff, just different label. You're paying a higher price for name brand advertising.

At the rate things are going up, it may be a good idea figuring out how to either ration or make a little bit go a long way.

I buy store brand stuff usually, because even though Safeway no longer exists, really......Albertsons kept their produce farms and plants that still produce their own canned veggies and dairy products. And Safeway was a better brand when they were popular, and their changed name is now President Select or Signature Select.

Some off brands don't process their veggies as stringently as some Big Name Brands do. This is why you get leaves, stems, and end pieces in many of the canned veggies. I will buy Name Brand when they are on sale or BOGO. I buy store brand otherwise.

I buy store brand stuff usually, because even though Safeway no longer exists, really......Albertsons kept their produce farms and plants that still produce their own canned veggies and dairy products. And Safeway was a better brand when they were popular, and their changed name is now President Select or Signature Select.

Some off brands don't process their veggies as stringently as some Big Name Brands do. This is why you get leaves, stems, and end pieces in many of the canned veggies. I will buy Name Brand when they are on sale or BOGO. I buy store brand otherwise.

I don't think I've seen any stems or leaves in canned produce in ages. Though there is one really off brand that you never knew what you'd get and I refuse to buy it.

Here we have both Safeway and Albertsons stores yes I know they are the same company but somehow they didn't change the names. Signature Select is the current store brand offered in both stores, but before they merged, Safeway carried either Safeway Select and before that it was TownHouse I think. All dairy at both stores is Lucerne, also a Safeway brand. Albertsons old store brand was Everyday Essentials.

But ya know what's really odd??? Safeway & Albertsons have been merged and the brands changed over for a few years now, right??? Well there is a no name store that still carries the Albertson store brand of Everyday Essentials. So somebody is still making/packaging, etc under that name

Another way to save a few bucks??? Every retail store (grocery, hardware, Dollar store, etc) ALL have a mark down or clearance sections that have been discounted. Dented cans, product no longer being carried, or for whatever reasons. Sometimes you can find some really good deals.

Here's the report....it ain't pretty.

I just saw another bad news story from the WEF/UN globalist controlled burn of the global economy leading to famine and starvation.

Thousands block German border with Holland in protest over controversial Dutch nitrogen policy​

Now ANOTHER crisis hits EU! Hundreds of tractors block the German/Netherlands border​

Dutch Farmers Protest Climate Mandates That would Cut Livestock by 30 Percent​

Nation is world's 5th largest food exporter

" . . . It openly acknowledged that “there is not a future for all [Dutch] farmers within [this] approach,” as reported by the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Foreign Agriculture Service.

“The Minister of Nature and Nitrogen Policy expects about a third of the 50,000 Dutch farms to ‘disappear’ by 2030,” the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade reported in a June 23 Market Insight Report.

The Netherlands is the world’s fifth-largest exporter of food, exceeded only by the United States, Germany, the United Kingdom, and China, according to World Bank statistics.

The Dutch government offers a multibillion-dollar buyout arrangement for farmers.

Christianne van der Wal, minister of nature and nitrogen policy, has left open the possibility that the government will expropriate land from farmers who do not comply, as reported by NOS Nieuws.

The proposals and resultant protests come amid worldwide fertilizer and food shortages.

Epoch Times Photo

Farmers leave the city of Bathmen, the Netherlands, on their way to the rural farmers’ protest in Stroe. Tens of thousands of participants are expected at the protest against the nitrogen policy, on June 22, 2022. (Bart Maat/ANP/AFP via Getty Images)

United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres warned on June 24 that “there is a real risk that multiple famines will be declared in 2022,” adding that “2023 could be even worse.”

On a recent episode of “Facts Matter” on EpochTV, American farmer John Boyd, Jr. warned of potential food shortages as a result of steeply rising input costs.

He said the expenses of running his own operation have tripled, driven in large part by significantly increased fertilizer costs.

In Sri Lanka, a ban on chemical fertilizers contributed to an economic crisis that has destabilized the government.

The country has recently announced a temporary ban on fuel sales to private vehicles, effective June 27 through July 10. . . "

Video of Protest

Gas here is approaching $6. A gallon of milk at Safeway was $1.99 forever... it's now $3.29. The non-store brand is $4. The $0.99 bread is $3, the $2 bag of chips is now $4...

10% (the CPI number) sounds pretty good to me right now- I wish that's what I was really seeing... :(

New Topics

Forum List

Back