Food Prices

Inflation: How to spend less — or even make more money — as prices rise​

As inflation sees its largest annual increase in 30 years in October, here is some good news about rising consumer prices​

The pandemic has delivered another unwelcome threat to our lives — inflation.
Consumer prices are rising, and if you’re living paycheck to paycheck, this means you have a harder time paying for food, gas and other items.

Inflation hit its largest annual increase in 30 years in October, with consumer prices up 6.2 percent compared with a year ago, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Data released Wednesday showed that prices rose 0.9 percent in October compared with September.

Ok, food price hikes have finally hit my area.

Which is an indicator things are REALLY bad, not just a passing headache. When we get hit down here in the South, we know it's not going away anytime soon. Usually, more often than not, we don't see things like this because it's just a political threat, or broken promise. But when it does hit us, we know it's here for a long while.

I mean hell, we JUST got over Obozo's contrived and forced "recession" during Trumps last year in office. I was expecting it to take much longer, but we almost made it...........now The Obozo Agenda is in full swing again........we're fucked, until Trump gets back into the White House or anyone who isn't a DementoRat!!

And food prices have JUMPED!!! I'm talking over $1.00 in most cases!!!

SDeW.gif
Oh hell yeah... I bought a pack of 6 Chicken thighs.... holy shit!!.... $8.00 ??????
We spent $140 yesterday at the grocery store. We rarely ever break $100 for just the two of us.

saffron is more valuable than gold
Actually saffron is fairly inexpensive at the moment. I can get an ounce of good saffron for around $60. It used to be $90/oz but since the embargoes of Iran (the chief producers of saffron) it has gotten a lot less expensive. Iran has increased it's ability to produce and process saffron because it's one of the few things it can export. Also because of the small volume vs value it's a legal medium of exchange that travels well. Which is why it is being proliferated about so much. (Has been for millennium)

Marijuana is around $250/oz but falling rapidly and is illegal in many places. Same with cocaine and opium which are also high dollar per M³ volume commodities that can get a person incarcerated.

Diamonds are also a good medium of exchange... problem is that they need to be cut to have value. Otherwise they are just rocks. Same with rubies and emeralds. Uranium will likely get your entire shipping vessel seized. (They have satellites that track it) Gold and platinum are heavy...very heavy. And difficult to get into the financial systems these days. It has to be assayed and sourced.

Forum List

Back