Food poisoning

I fell sick on Monday night/ Tuesday morning.

I think its something I ate.

I started feeling better late Tuesday, slept an extra long time on Tuesday night. Puked my guts out, also diarrhea beginning at 9 pm and continuing on past 1 am.

Bad eggs?

Or do you think it might have been bad Walmart macaroni salad? Feeling much better now, but appetite is still not up to snuff.

Sorry to hear. A lot of times, a viral infection (norovirus) gets blamed on food poisoning (which is bacterial). The symptoms are pretty much the same, but actual bacterial food poisoning usually lasts longer than what you experienced. If it was viral, it's pretty contagious, so make sure anyone you're living with stays safe.

That's probably what my nonagenarian mum thought, told me to stay home and not visit so I don't pass it along to her.

Sounds definitely like a bacterial infection. You know eggs are bad they LOOK bad.
Not necessarily. Salmonella, E. coli and listeria are all colorless, odorless and tasteless.

Your food could look, smell and taste just fine and still be contaminated with the most common bacteria that cause food poisoning. This is why proper food preparation and handling is so important.

Last edited:
Sounds definitely like a bacterial infection. You know eggs are bad they LOOK bad.
Not necessarily. Salmonella, E. coli and listeria are all colorless, odorless and tasteless.

Your food could look, smell and taste just fine and still be contaminated with the most common bacteria that cause food poisoning. This is why proper food handling is so important.

I was referring to the egg itself. When they are starting to go, they take on a sort of greenish color. Every person I've ever known who got food poisoning told me that the food did not appear palatable, it had an off taste and seemed borderline somehow and they had their doubts about eating it and did so anyway against their better judgement.

Not one of them ever told me they got it from food that looked, tasted and smelled top shelf Grade A fresh gourmet quality.

I fell sick on Monday night/ Tuesday morning.

I think its something I ate.

I started feeling better late Tuesday, slept an extra long time on Tuesday night. Puked my guts out, also diarrhea beginning at 9 pm and continuing on past 1 am.

Bad eggs?

Or do you think it might have been bad Walmart macaroni salad? Feeling much better now, but appetite is still not up to snuff.

Did the food smell off ?
Too much bacteria and micros

Forum List

Back